• 51-100

Votes: 68 31.5%
  • 100-200

Votes: 92 42.6%
  • 200 or higher

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's your point? I said my ping in other games is usually around 10-20.
Probably the other games you play with very low ping are located very close to were you live. Often with beta's they test the ping and if needed they upscale the number of servers in the datacenter and/or add more decentralized local server capacity. Yes I am an IT/Networking nerd :dopey:

Apparently pings for the US beta are much lower than for the EU version. Maybe they intentionally use a less than optimum location of servers for the EU-beta on purpose to find out where the trouble starts in terms of connection problems...?

I also found it weird that they had capacity problems on the first day, especially when they know exactly how many invites they sent out and how many people had downloaded the beta.

It's possible they are simply testing out limits. (which a beta is ideal for)

I'm surprised to know most people are around 100-200, I thought mine was like that because of my location. My ping is always in the 130's.

What's your point? I said my ping in other games is usually around 10-20.
But where is that measured to? 20ms would typically be a point up to 250 miles away (500 miles round trip) once all the trips through relays and local switches (data can spend 50ms getting out of a cable modem...) is taken into account.

All that tells me is that the servers for GTS are likely to be five times further away geographically than in your 'other games'.

But where is that measured to? 20ms would typically be a point up to 250 miles away (500 miles round trip) once all the trips through relays and local switches (data can spend 50ms getting out of a cable modem...) is taken into account.

All that tells me is that the servers for GTS are likely to be five times further away geographically than in your 'other games'.

Yeah, probably they are. What if are all the servers in Tokyo? Why else would I have the same ping when connecting to EU beta and US beta?

Yeah, probably they are. What if are all the servers in Tokyo? Why else would I have the same ping when connecting to EU beta and US beta?
You'd have the same ping because you're connecting to your local servers. I don't find it likely that the GTS servers are all in Tokyo (or Fukuoka), as 100ms wouldn't be nearly enough to reach Japan from Slovakia and then come back again - data travels at around 60 miles/millisecond for an echo, and it's 6,000 miles to do the trip in just one direction...

Last edited:
I have 212-220 but very stable connection no lag etc. very weird. Im from the Philippines

Attachments

• IMG_3204.JPG
    IMG_3204.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 32
In GTS my ping seems to be either locked at 97 or 101, mostly 97 but once I'm connected it dosn't change at all, which is somewhat odd.

I have managed to get into two races, one at Brands which was fine with no obvious lag, however the one at the oval type track was pretty bad for lag, my ping was the same in both races (97). I'd have cars jumping all over the place, apparing inside me (ghosting) and cars in front drifting around corners or down straights.

Usually my ping is around 20ish.

I wonder if the differences in ping from "most" games too GTS game is due to "P2P" vs Direct servers? most games run a P2P type.

This poll is meaningless without adding the following into the poll:

"Player location: EU, NA, OC or ASIA"

I have a constant ping of 110ms on a 200mbit fiber connection in GTS - my location is Belgium, Europe. I'm a network administrator. My ping within Europe is never above 40, not even to the UK or as far as Eastern Europe... my conclusion -it will be spot on, sorry not trying to be cocky- is that the GTS-closed-BETA-server is located somewhere between the east coast of the US and mid-US. I ping 90ms on US East Coast (NY/FL) in any game I play.

PD better take care of this and create a server-cluster NA/EU/ASIA.

My ping is usually between 124 and 130 in the Netherlands.

For some reason the first race I join in verry laggy. The races after that are fine while my ping stays the same.

Between 97 and 117 !

I've done one race with 91 of ping => the game has crashed...
And one with 137 of ping => no lag :/

I got 1 Gbit/s fibre-optics connection at home (yes, Switzerland rocks) and am connected via cable to the PS4 Pro but also only got a 96-110 ping.

Lets hope they will have servers in the future different locations to solve the ping issue. It especially is annoying when you play with others that got an even higher ping and move wild around in front of you that you are scared to overtake them as you never know where the car appears in the upcoming second.

Back