GTS vs GT6 - Cars comparison

• Thread starter emula
  • 1,346 comments

I'll be really honest here, I had to squint my eyes to see the jagged edges even with your helpful pointers. Take it off, it does not seem bad at all.

I mean, GTS is running on the equivalent of a 750Ti GPU, no matter how much optimization PD makes (which is a lot, approaching the uncanny valley), you can't have it all.

Great comparisons OP, I have to admit, the PS3 model still looks decent in isolation. Can't wait to see the other cars!

This is getting ridiculous with some people over here attacking over another, and been so pedantic. You like other games more than GT Sport fair enough. Some car models are not perfectly rounded we all know that, you can see it by yourself in game. But this thread comparisons are best so far I've seen, So why blame on who is uploading these images? This is not a Forza vs Gt thread anyway.

Last edited:
I'll be really honest here, I had to squint my eyes to see the jagged edges even with your helpful pointers. Take it off, it does not seem bad at all.

I mean, GTS is running on the equivalent of a 750Ti GPU, no matter how much optimization PD makes (which is a lot, approaching the uncanny valley), you can't have it all.

Great comparisons OP, I have to admit, the PS3 model still looks decent in isolation. Can't wait to see the other cars!
Because the image isn't full screen, upon a 60 inch TV its blatantly obvious, even more so in 4k. Also this conversation began when i stated a few pages down that Cars were not created from scratch as they seem to be updated models from GT6. Point is , PD lied as an excuse to justify shipping the game with 150 cars.

Because the image isn't full screen, upon a 60 inch TV its blatantly obvious, even more so in 4k. Also this conversation began when i stated a few pages down that Cars were not created from scratch as they seem to be updated models from GT6. Point is , PD lied as an excuse to justify shipping the game with 150 cars.

Dude, I have a 55 inch and I haven't noticed those imperfections

I can even see them on my phone.

This is a comparison thread, mainly to show the differences between the cars in GT6 and GTS, so why point out imperfections that are present in both games? But maybe a note like „the jagged edges around the wheels/windshield/whatever are still present“ would‘ve helped.

Cars were not created from scratch as they seem to be updated models from GT6. Point is , PD lied as an excuse to justify shipping the game with 150 cars.
Do you have any non subjective evidence to support your statement? Something like a statement from PD, or their source models, or anything official?

Toyota 2000

I9PwKU.jpg

4ZtaA1.jpg

zs94uf.jpg

aLRWei.jpg

VyeztE.jpg

UskmLx.jpg

AcWUzc.jpg

4XOobW.jpg

lj1fk1.jpg

jwtudd.jpg

Prq1g7.jpg

dZUilz.jpg

I1WlZl.jpg

ZuMIHi.jpg

FjtpTr.jpg

l4eoba.jpg

9Zwoa7.jpg

5zktIw.jpg

J9Eg0H.jpg

fDqYpU.jpg

CRBVOM.jpg

Ic32Pb.jpg

lwrhIN.jpg

nuHmyK.jpg

rYutNv.jpg

DoOtD9.jpg

RbGpgX.jpg

sHiFAH.jpg

ArK7aF.jpg

9R8UuN.jpg

5C2IY3.jpg

VFVyAD.jpg

mo59Jc.jpg

mzCRKM.jpg

SxtmPI.png

rvvUCb.png

Yeah, I agree. It's obvious Kaz has a fondness for the 2000GT.

I feel like the reflections kind of let down the GTS models though. As great as the models look, the reflections still have a PS2 quality to them in the actual game (not Scapes mode), sometimes looking very low-res. Maybe that's all the PS4 can handle, but it does the modeling a bit of a disservice.

@emula 2000GT looks exactly the same.

all the textures are new, the 3D model was already perfect in GT6 (probably the Toyota 2000 is the best 3D model in GT6)

Pretty amazing stuff. I noticed the gear lever was moved toward the left side of the 2000GT going from GT6 to the GTS model. Looking at search images it seems the model in GT6 was incorrect.

yes, the gear position in GT6 was wrong

Toyota-2000GT-interior.jpg

Back