GTS vs GT6 - Cars comparison

• Thread starter emula
  • 1,346 comments
VXR
I was really impressed that the interior panel matches the chosen paint colour. My copy pops in Giallo Modena against the white seat fabric.
It’s a shame that doesn’t work in the BMW Z8. In GT6, you had a body color matching dash but now no matter the color it’s only silver. :irked:
GT Sport:
upload_2020-3-2_7-1-48.jpeg

GT6:
upload_2020-3-2_7-4-23.jpeg

I completely forgot that in PS3 era the regular "new" Fiat 500 has narrow license plates, further giving credibility that PD modelled a Japanese spec car.
Uh no it doesn't. GT6's has square plates.

In a few years time we'll be seeing GT7 vs GT Sport comparisons and saying look how dated that is lol.
I don't think the quality will be that great compared to GT Sport which in itself already excellent. Probably some ray traced lighting and reflections (due to numerous spesches of hardware accelerated ray tracing capabilities).
And ofcourse a semi bump in texture quality is also possible.
Yep those are pretty much the thins I suspect that could be upgraded other than that I don't know..

I don't think the quality will be that great compared to GT Sport which in itself already excellent. Probably some ray traced lighting and reflections (due to numerous spesches of hardware accelerated ray tracing capabilities).
And ofcourse a semi bump in texture quality is also possible.
Yep those are pretty much the thins I suspect that could be upgraded other than that I don't know..

What I am mostly expecting is a large bump in terrain detail, GT Sport still lacks with its terrain in some levels looking like PS2-3 era.

Car graphics are already excellent, ray tracing will be a game changer.

What I am mostly expecting is a large bump in terrain detail, GT Sport still lacks with its terrain in some levels looking like PS2-3 era.

Car details are one of the best if not the best but only in photomode and scapes, in game outside the cockpit view its pretty rough. Some times it looks last gen from the outside view like literally you can count the polygons, and the worse part is it doesn't even render the interior fully. Thats also one of the reasons they took of the 360 free cam for the outside view wich was featured in the demo. I hope they can render the scape models for gameplay this time, im 100% sure that the PS5 is gonna be powerfull enough to handle it. And i agree the environments need some more love. But im sure PD is gonna blow us off when they reveal the next GT as always :).

Probably why we don’t have many dirt / mud tracks, the fps nosedives. I wanna see mud & water like the original MotorStorm trailer along with **** covered windowscreens & visors + tear off strips.

Car details are one of the best if not the best but only in photomode and scapes, in game outside the cockpit view its pretty rough. Some times it looks last gen from the outside view like literally you can count the polygons, and the worse part is it doesn't even render the interior fully. Thats also one of the reasons they took of the 360 free cam for the outside view wich was featured in the demo. I hope they can render the scape models for gameplay this time, im 100% sure that the PS5 is gonna be powerfull enough to handle it. And i agree the environments need some more love. But im sure PD is gonna blow us off when they reveal the next GT as always :).

This is true only for a certain number of cars (apparently without any reason). The majority of cars are perfectly rendered also ingame

Last edited:
This is true only for a certain number of cars (apparently without any reason). The majority of cars are perfectly rendered also ingame
Its for all the cars, they have lower lod during gameplay, but some cars are worse than others. And the reason is frame rate, thats why its running locked 60fps and the lighting engine obviously. I have tested almost over 160~ cars and compared them in game vs photomode, and the difference was clear and sometimes shocking.
49600795721_b8814d4a98_o.png

49601057627_61b26f9bd1_o.png

49493274017_82967608c7_o.jpg

49492558708_ecd69773a1_o.jpg

49493051806_9d02723ec1_o.jpg

49492555243_8abba43323_o.jpg

And btw props to you, you are doing great work with those comparisons keep up 👍.

Its for all the cars, they have lower lod during gameplay, but some cars are worse than others. And the reason is frame rate, thats why its running locked 60fps and the lighting engine obviously. I have tested almost over 160~ cars and compared them in game vs photomode, and the difference was clear and sometimes shocking.

And btw props to you, you are doing great work with those comparisons keep up 👍.
It would be really cool if you could open a thread and upload those pics there :-)

I guess this is where GT7 will be getting it's visual boost compared to GT Sport. I hope the Veyron engine will be threedimensional and the 930 Turbo headlights round again :D

It would be really cool if you could open a thread and upload those pics there :-)

I guess this is where GT7 will be getting it's visual boost compared to GT Sport. I hope the Veyron engine will be threedimensional and the 930 Turbo headlights round again :D
Yeah definitely its gonna improve in the next GT, i even expect them to upgrade GTS on the PS5 because all the articles i read about PS5 they talk about GTS. How the controller gives more feedback and how the haptics are working and such. Thats why i think that PD is the main driver in the development of the PS5, so its a no brainer that GTS get a visual upgrade on PS5. Than they will put those scape cars in game hopefully.

I hope that the PS5 will be powerful enough to be able to render cars with higher LOD without sacrificing the rest, alternatively I would prefer high resolution textures, 3D trees, thicker vegetation, dynamic tod and weather etc. than wasting the power of the console for the ingame lod (in the end let's be honest, nobody goes there to zoom in to see the details of the car while it is running across the track, for that there are the specific modes such as photomode,scapes etc.)

Last edited:

It's annoying when the cars are being made "Super premium" when they are being rendered below "premium" ps3 level in game.

The FT-1 is the worst, literally like a standard car.

They'll probably do the same next gen, its common when there's alot of cars on the track. It allows for larger detailed terrain which I prefer.

It saves them a whole lot on polycount and rendering budget. What I'm confused is how and where Ray-tracing will fit it?

There claiming 4k 60, 120fps, then 240fps.

I don't think so, the majority of cars still look great ingame, and the game is still 60fps rock solid when you drive those cars. I think that the low lod model of some cars is due to bad optimization or tessellation bugs (there is no reason why the game can show a perfect lod of a Porsche 911 Carrera and couldn't show a perfect lod of a Fiat 500). Obviously I hope that the lod problems that affect some cars will be solved on PS5 using ingame the full lod model for all the cars

Ingame
1yzjy6.png

Photomode
2rxjim.jpg

Ingame
3ymj0i.png

Photomode
4d9k5j.jpg

Ingame
5eqj4d.png

Ingame
6ukk3w.png

Photomode
7j2klq.jpg

Ingame
82dj4m.png

Photomode
9b3kgu.jpg

Ingame
10rtk1p.png

Ingame
11nfjja.png

Photomode
12tdkb6.jpg

Ingame
1337j0s.png

Photomode
14ruk36.jpg

Ingame
1506j41.png

Ingame
16cskuf.png

Photomode
17e4jtq.jpg

Ingame
18csktd.png

Photomode
19ckkg5.jpg

Ingame
20h0jay.png

Ingame
218zkis.png

Photomode
22iuj7f.jpg

Ingame
231mjx6.png

Photomode
24aakxt.jpg

Ingame
25b9jpf.png

Ingame
26j7jr8.png

Photomode
27ezk27.jpg

Ingame
280kk1i.png

Photomode
29h3khq.jpg

Ingame
30arkoe.png

I don't think so, the majority of cars still look great ingame, and the game is still 60fps rock solid when you drive those cars. I think that the low lod model of some cars is due to bad optimization or tessellation bugs (there is no reason why the game can show a perfect lod of a Porsche 911 Carrera and couldn't show a perfect lod of a Fiat 500). Obviously I hope that the lod problems that affect some cars will be solved on PS5 using ingame the full lod model for all the cars

Ingame
1yzjy6.png

Photomode
2rxjim.jpg

Ingame
3ymj0i.png

Photomode
4d9k5j.jpg

Ingame
5eqj4d.png

Ingame
6ukk3w.png

Photomode
7j2klq.jpg

Ingame
82dj4m.png

Photomode
9b3kgu.jpg

Ingame
10rtk1p.png

Ingame
11nfjja.png

Photomode
12tdkb6.jpg

Ingame
1337j0s.png

Photomode
14ruk36.jpg

Ingame
1506j41.png

Ingame
16cskuf.png

Photomode
17e4jtq.jpg

Ingame
18csktd.png

Photomode
19ckkg5.jpg

Ingame
20h0jay.png

Ingame
218zkis.png

Photomode
22iuj7f.jpg

Ingame
231mjx6.png

Photomode
24aakxt.jpg

Ingame
25b9jpf.png

Ingame
26j7jr8.png

Photomode
27ezk27.jpg

Ingame
280kk1i.png

Photomode
29h3khq.jpg

Ingame
30arkoe.png
I mean those look great but you can still see the difference in lod models, just look at the interiors from the exterior view and the car body and bumpers. And if you watch them at 4K its even more obvious. But like i said, on some models its worse some models its ok but there is always a lower lod in gameplay wich is what i was saying. And the interiors are also lower quality compared to the scape models vs in game.

Ingame
1yzjy6.png

Photomode
2rxjim.jpg

Ingame
3ymj0i.png

Photomode
4d9k5j.jpg

Ingame
5eqj4d.png

Ingame
6ukk3w.png

Photomode
7j2klq.jpg

Ingame
82dj4m.png

Photomode
9b3kgu.jpg

Ingame
10rtk1p.png

Ingame
11nfjja.png

Photomode
12tdkb6.jpg

Ingame
1337j0s.png

Photomode
14ruk36.jpg

Ingame
1506j41.png

Ingame
16cskuf.png

Photomode
17e4jtq.jpg

Ingame
18csktd.png

Photomode
19ckkg5.jpg

Ingame
20h0jay.png

Ingame
218zkis.png

Photomode
22iuj7f.jpg

Ingame
231mjx6.png

Photomode
24aakxt.jpg

Ingame
25b9jpf.png

Ingame
26j7jr8.png

Photomode
27ezk27.jpg

Ingame
280kk1i.png

Photomode
29h3khq.jpg

Ingame
30arkoe.png
This has been said ad nauseam but the lighting in this game is just too damn good, to the point where I can feel the interior materials, especially for that s2000.

I was wondering why the exterior of some cars looked better in gameplay than others. Really strange how some aren't badly affected. Somehow, I'm starting to remember a time when there was a list, in one of the forums for Gran Turismo 6, which listed cars that varied in levels of tessellation. Think we should make a list of cars and rate them by their LOD's? Maybe that could be given a separate forum.

I was wondering why the exterior of some cars looked better in gameplay than others. Really strange how some aren't badly affected. Somehow, I'm starting to remember a time when there was a list, in one of the forums for Gran Turismo 6, which listed cars that varied in levels of tessellation. Think we should make a list of cars and rate them by their LOD's? Maybe that could be given a separate forum.

It was my tessellation car list thread :P

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/tessellation-car-list.307532/

I just made this thread for everybody who whant to see the difference between in game vs photomode models. And i don't whant to derail emula's thread anymore with this so if you whant to see the difference you can see it in here
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/photomode-vs-in-game-car-model-comparison.392615/

Honestly even on PS5 it doesn't make sense to run cars at full Scapes LoD in gameplay when the car takes like 5% of the screen if not less. Sure they can have better detail than they do now, but wasting your polygon budget on that doesn't sound like smart usage of resources when the landscape takes up the rest of the image and is left sparse and flat.

Latest Posts

Back