GTS vs GT6 - Cars comparison

• Thread starter emula
  • 1,346 comments
Seriously, who modeled the 02' Viper, they cleaned up EVERY round edge, even bottom fog light but left the headlights a jagged mess.. It'ss literally a icosagon ( 20 sided polygon). Yet you look at the Supra and you can't spot a SINGLE polygon vertices ! I'm just going to make a tier list now, it's evident some cars are future proof and others could never pass the test in up close shots.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180126202050.png
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180126203840.png

I would like to see them compare GT5 to 6 , 6 has better lighting but has worst aliasing. PD increased the resolution but somehow made the game looked aliased as all hell.

Good idea. I remember seeing video comparison between GT5, GT6 and GTS. Might check later if it is still available.

Seriously, who modeled the 02' Viper, they cleaned up EVERY round edge, even bottom fog light but left the headlights a jagged mess.. It'ss literally a icosagon ( 20 sided polygon). Yet you look at the Supra and you can't spot a SINGLE polygon vertices ! I'm just going to make a tier list now, it's evident some cars are future proof and others could never pass the test in up close shots. View attachment 709521 View attachment 709523

very strange, maybe an oversight?

Viper will be my next comparison, I want to check all the other details

seems like they forgot to make round the inside of the lights, all the other parts looks remodeled

Toyota Supra

uED7mk.jpg

njd8Kz.jpg

YX63tH.jpg

CDTTt6.jpg

h23AU2.jpg

xpteCi.jpg

NmslHG.jpg

vlFY0g.jpg

FmqUmN.jpg

KZ5Bjn.jpg

I9VgWy.jpg

UmLe5S.jpg

nuRIa1.jpg

oWLroH.jpg

Cgrx7h.jpg

oN5mQK.jpg

iShmMq.jpg

Mogy02.jpg

Qp9d8a.jpg

INbf2B.jpg

FtJtvP.jpg

gAFKwM.jpg

cU1Map.jpg

fFQBKl.jpg

NbmUmt.jpg

Dhnd12.jpg

Ax0sBz.jpg

jSkbMX.jpg

f5EOny.jpg

uSoEG8.jpg

O55C8D.jpg

RR12d9.jpg
Again, the difference is like night and day. The GT Sport Supra is the most detailed you'll ever see. What a difference 13 years makes. I can't stop looking at this car, it's so clean and I'm so happy to see a beloved car given the Premium treatment it so dearly deserves.

Seriously, who modeled the 02' Viper, they cleaned up EVERY round edge, even bottom fog light but left the headlights a jagged mess.. It'ss literally a icosagon ( 20 sided polygon). Yet you look at the Supra and you can't spot a SINGLE polygon vertices ! I'm just going to make a tier list now, it's evident some cars are future proof and others could never pass the test in up close shots. View attachment 709521 View attachment 709523

The Viper has virtually not a single plane surface. It's a mesh of curved surfaces. So if PD had to compromise on some place, I think they chose the best place to do it IMO. It's still pretty decent but the overall shape of this car looks close to perfect.

It's amazing what proper lighting and stuff like subsurface scattering can bring to the aspect of the models, which surely plays a big part on how the cars look now vs to how the PS3 hardware could display. The thing is, even with "subpar" graphics the PS2 GT titles were much better games than Sport I think. The problem is people started giving in to the online play hype, that they forgot what those titles, no matter how much eye candy the current version contains, had that made them genre defining. Before the whole online play craze and DLC, developers had to do serious quality control since there was no way launch a WIP title and try patching the wholes every now and then. Another thing that to me is pretty sad was the launch of this game with the majorly online focus. A lot of people may nowadays may not know it or remember it but when videogames were created you either played with the AI or with you friends at your house or theirs, you could try to throw them off their game and make fun of them after the big win (or be left with the shorter end of the stick) The fact that people seem to be totally ok with this is quite sad.

But putting this rant aside, would you rather have GT6 graphics but with actual advancements in the driving and physics part or get the eyecandy with very little change in the game's mechanics?

It's amazing what proper lighting and stuff like subsurface scattering can bring to the aspect of the models, which surely plays a big part on how the cars look now vs to how the PS3 hardware could display. The thing is, even with "subpar" graphics the PS2 GT titles were much better games than Sport I think. The problem is people started giving in to the online play hype, that they forgot what those titles, no matter how much eye candy the current version contains, had that made them genre defining. Before the whole online play craze and DLC, developers had to do serious quality control since there was no way launch a WIP title and try patching the wholes every now and then. Another thing that to me is pretty sad was the launch of this game with the majorly online focus. A lot of people may nowadays may not know it or remember it but when videogames were created you either played with the AI or with you friends at your house or theirs, you could try to throw them off their game and make fun of them after the big win (or be left with the shorter end of the stick) The fact that people seem to be totally ok with this is quite sad.

But putting this rant aside, would you rather have GT6 graphics but with actual advancements in the driving and physics part or get the eyecandy with very little change in the game's mechanics?
Online gaming has been available for more than 20 years already, most gamers don't even remember a time when it wasn't an option, plus it allows people from across the world to play together, it gives you a much bigger pool of players than just your friends or people you know. There are more than 70 million PS4s out there, I doubth anyone has 70 million friends. The physics do get better over time, but there's still a lot that is not understood about car behaviour and a lot that is not simulated. The simulators we have now are super basic compared to what's going on in RL. Plus car manufacturers are not keen to share super secret information on the car's systems and exact data, so especially modern cars with smart ABS, TCS, dynamic aerodynamics, torque vectoring, driver assists and so on are not simulated in these games at all. And what's even funnier is that gamers like to turn off assists, ABS and traction control thinking it gives them the most realistic experience, when in reality cars like the nissan GTR or a P1 depend heavily on these systems and can only achieve their max performance with these systems on. So yeah, the physics in these games are only marginally closer to reality that something like NFS and MarioKart if you take a deep look.

The Viper has virtually not a single plane surface. It's a mesh of curved surfaces. So if PD had to compromise on some place, I think they chose the best place to do it IMO. It's still pretty decent but the overall shape of this car looks close to perfect.
Neither does the Supra. Also, this is the scapes model, no compromises have to be made. Emula is probably right and it was an oversight. Its evident whoever touched the Viper up did a great job ( pics prove me right, they touched EVERYTHING up ) but forgot to do the headlights. At first i thought they redid the model from scratch, but its evident the window moldings are identical, the badge has the same polygons ( not a huge issue ). Over al la 10/10 job UNTIL you get to the headlamps. Its worth noting that the Touched up viper has NEW headlights, they are not the old headlamps touched up, but completely new models and I dare say the old ones, although having bad textures) had more polygons to them. . The 02 viper was one of the worst premiums ( alongside the original Elise ,YIKES!). So as soon as the update dropped I bought the viper and went straight into the livery editor to see if PD had redone it or touched it up. They did a great job!

Edit
Yeah I call 100% ******** that these cars were made from scratch, what more proof do people need . IT LOOKS WORST than the GT6 one, almost as if teh guy at PD ported the Mid LOD model instead of the perfectly round tesselated one. , although that model along with the Countach/ 3rd gen viper were pretty much perfect.
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180127231729.png

lamborghini_diablo_gt__gran_turismo_6__by_vertualissimo-d81bmvg.jpg

Last edited:
From my perspective it is not a big deal if old model from previous GT being retouched and added in GTS. Overall it is significant improvement from last titles. "Made from scratch" is clearly nothing more than PR talk. They want to assure their consumers to looked up at GTS and thankfully PD did a good job at modelling cars for GTS, whether it is completely new model or returning cars. I guess it is worthy promises.

As someone asked for GT5 comparison, here it is along with GT6 as well :

From my perspective it is not a big deal if old model from previous GT being retouched and added in GTS. Overall it is significant improvement from last titles. "Made from scratch" is clearly nothing more than PR talk. They want to assure their consumers to looked up at GTS and thankfully PD did a good job at modelling cars for GTS, whether it is completely new model or returning cars. I guess it is worthy promises.

As someone asked for GT5 comparison, here it is along with GT6 as well :

Thank you! As I stated, GT5 looks better because it's not as aliased as gt6, the issue with 5 is it had god awful shadows. Oh well !
Also the Diabo's rims are worst in Sport than in 6, I think its a LOD error on PD's part

Emula can you prioritize the Ferrari 512 bb . It looks like PD skipped out on touching it up. This along with the Citroen RACE CAR gr.3 are the worst cars in the game, shame.

Last edited:
Yeah the Ford GT is perfect. Shame they didint put the same level of detail on the Ferrari . On the bright side we have more cars . I'm dreading the Ford and jaguar . I'm guessing PD only touches up the " bad models " Which are GT5 era cars .

Back