GTS vs GT6 - Cars comparison

• Thread starter emula
  • 1,346 comments
Are there any cars that were standards in GT5 (or 6) that are now in GTS? Or better yet, that went from standard, to premium, to GTS. Just to see how shafted we really were with those PS2 cars:lol:

enjoy :D

8sqX0K.jpg

vgO5A6.jpg

Bub2QM.jpg

201801162324131js3r.jpg

o0QNmf.jpg

cb7eOf.jpg

wasOO9.jpg

CTSIBm.jpg

CxDfi2.jpg

XjhStl.jpg

YpczTS.jpg

MLaX4e.jpg

Last edited:

Not really sure how to describe this. Awesomely sad?:lol: The centre in the rims looks more like the app logo for Facebook:crazy: Is this what glaucoma people see all the time?

Seriously though, that was in a GT game only 4 years ago:odd:

Looking back on it from where we're at now I agree. Back when GT5 first brought about standards it didn't bother me nearly as much as it does looking at them side by side with what is in GTS. IMO, standards cars in GT5/6 were single-handedly the worst decision PD ever made throughout the series.

However, I'm sure there's people who think the direction PD is taking with GTS is their worst decision yet. To which I direct their attention to this :sly:

Looking back on it from where we're at now I agree. Back when GT5 first brought about standards it didn't bother me nearly as much as it does looking at them side by side with what is in GTS. IMO, standards cars in GT5/6 were single-handedly the worst decision PD ever made throughout the series.

However, I'm sure there's people who think the direction PD is taking with GTS is their worst decision yet. To which I direct their attention to this :sly:

Either way the reduction in car count would hurt the faithfuls. At least, if they did it with GT5 (starting new with the small car roster, while axing any notion of 'standards'), by now in 2017/18 the sting would be far less pronounced.

Either way the reduction in car count would hurt the faithfuls. At least, if they did it with GT5 (starting new with the small car roster, while axing any notion of 'standards'), by now in 2017/18 the sting would be far less pronounced.

Absolutely. And that’s not to say I’m not hurt by the lack of certain cars, I mean who isn’t? Anyone on these forums could choose a plethora of their personal favourites they’d still like to have. Hell, there’s lots of standard cars I wish we still had. Time moves on:guilty:

Honestly though, I think now was as good a time as ever to reboot the car list. Looking at what’s in this thread, how much better can the cars get? Marginally at best. I feel we’re at a point technologically where it made the most sense to drop the outdated assets and start fresh.

Had they restarted with GT5 and then ported those cars like they’d ported PS2 cars, 5 years from now people would be very upset to see GT6 era premiums ported into a GTS3. But if 5 years from now GTS cars are ported to the sequels, are we really going to be that let down?

Then again, like I said on the first page of this thread, I thought GT6 premiums were great, so who knows where we’ll be in 5 years time.

Absolutely. And that’s not to say I’m not hurt by the lack of certain cars, I mean who isn’t? Anyone on these forums could choose a plethora of their personal favourites they’d still like to have. Hell, there’s lots of standard cars I wish we still had. Time moves on:guilty:

Honestly though, I think now was as good a time as ever to reboot the car list. Looking at what’s in this thread, how much better can the cars get? Marginally at best. I feel we’re at a point technologically where it made the most sense to drop the outdated assets and start fresh.

Had they restarted with GT5 and then ported those cars like they’d ported PS2 cars, 5 years from now people would be very upset to see GT6 era premiums ported into a GTS3. But if 5 years from now GTS cars are ported to the sequels, are we really going to be that let down?

Then again, like I said on the first page of this thread, I thought GT6 premiums were great, so who knows where we’ll be in 5 years time.
I've been saying "games can't get any better than this" for quite some time... like 20 years :D

Absolutely. And that’s not to say I’m not hurt by the lack of certain cars, I mean who isn’t? Anyone on these forums could choose a plethora of their personal favourites they’d still like to have.

For sure. Fingers crossed there will be an NSX-Type R in this thread at some point:bowdown:

I've been saying "games can't get any better than this" for quite some time... like 20 years :D

Photo Mode is cool, but can we see a comparison between the cars on track?

Maybe it's my eyes, but I don't see much of a difference in the cars that they gave us at launch. All the VGT's look exactly the same and all the carry over cars look exactly the same.

Again, I am talking IN GAME, not in the photo mode.

Photo Mode is cool, but can we see a comparison between the cars on track?

Maybe it's my eyes, but I don't see much of a difference in the cars that they gave us at launch. All the VGT's look exactly the same and all the carry over cars look exactly the same.

Again, I am talking IN GAME, not in the photo mode.

I haven't a capture card for PS3 ingame images, but ingame the difference is very huge, bigger than the difference from photomode

example (even if not from the same model)

zFZXAg.jpg

8hbB0W.png

XytbdB.jpg

Pe0Wgp.png

Last edited:
Uh oh...
I'm afraid some complainings are coming...
i1m3ODIU0GFFj.jpg

Look at the headlight. It's only very highly detailed instead of ultra detailed.
I'm not bothered by it, but you know what happened last time because of the Hyundai Genesis... :indiff:

seems like they forgot to make round the inside of the lights, all the other parts looks remodeled

Toyota Supra

uED7mk.jpg

njd8Kz.jpg

YX63tH.jpg

CDTTt6.jpg

h23AU2.jpg

xpteCi.jpg

NmslHG.jpg

vlFY0g.jpg

FmqUmN.jpg

KZ5Bjn.jpg

I9VgWy.jpg