[GTTCC-2] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S2 | xflow1390 is the champion!!!!!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 2,619 comments

What tyres should be available for wet races?

• Sports Soft tyres only

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • SS, Intermediates and Full Wets

• SS and Full wets only

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Slightly off topic but I am really 🤬 off!
I designed a car which was finally completed almost a year ago, it took me 3years to complete.

Sadly however, first Venom (car manufacturer) took it's name and some of it's design features and now, the new ford GT, took pretty much everything from it :nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

to make up for it, I have decided to design somin revolutionary, a new step forward for the basis of what we see as a car, like a 'tucker 2' if you will,

but probably someone in the industry will eventually have the same idea as me and release it before I get anywhere with it...

I don't know if anyone here has been through this but it's 🤬 annoying!
would anyone like to see my sketches?

I designed a car which was finally completed almost a year ago, it took me 3years to complete.

Sadly however, first Venom (car manufacturer) took it's name and some of it's design features and now, the new ford GT, took pretty much everything from it :nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

to make up for it, I have decided to design somin revolutionary, a new step forward for the basis of what we see as a car, like a 'tucker 2' if you will,

but probably someone in the industry will eventually have the same idea as me and release it before I get anywhere with it...

Sorry to hear that but fire away with sketches though the arse of the new GT looks a bit like a bad piggy from Angry Birds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 6
Ahhh, OK, I guess an explanation is in order...

So, let me start off by saying that I was 1N7H35H4D0W5. I know, I know, but let me explain. Basically all I keep seeing is talk about silly season and how people enjoy the wonder and mystery of unannounced driver line-ups. I was basically trying to generate my own hype for a return (if I'm accepted) at Willow Springs to defend my Season 1 North American Championship. I didn't mean to troll anyone or upset anyone, since the response to this has been so negative, I was merely trying to keep everyone guessing and pointing the finger until the payoff and reveal which would have been in about 10-12 hours time.

Again, I'm sorry, my intentions were not to get people so riled up about it, I was merely trying something different to get a bit of a buzz going. I never had any intention of competiting under a falsified name or ID, I was always going to reveal that it was me in the end. What can I say, I'm a bit theatrical...

Also, @daan and any other mods or admins, it was my own oversight by not reading the second account rule (despite seeing it's consequences first hand with the MAB debacle) and I honestly will not pull another stunt like this, just please do not block this account. I'm being a man about it, holding my hands up and explaining my actions, there was nothing malicious about it.

Apologies again everyone, and if I'm allowed I'll be seeing you in my rear-view at Willow Springs. :D

Well i thought i deciphered the code last night and told true that it meant the coming of beelzebub, what i couldn't understand was why he decided to join GTCC to announce his arrival on earth :scared: .... True obviously was shi:censored:ing himself yesterday when i told him, he said this morning he didnt sleep a wink last night :nervous:

Anyway welcome back ninj :D See you in the sand at willow 👍

If that is mikey, then I strongly advise him as someone who was quite a respectable part of my own series to wise up.
Knew it wasn't mikey, just having a laugh. Not sure anyone could be that crazy to do it again :lol:

Yeah, I've tried to do something like that before, as far as i'm aware it hasn't been done yet (in a huge extreme) but yeah lets have a look
Well i thought i deciphered the code last night and told true that it meant the coming of beelzebub, what i couldn't understand was why he decided to join GTCC to announce his arrival on earth :scared: .... True obviously was shi:censored:ing himself yesterday when i told him, he said this morning he didnt sleep a wink last night :nervous:

Anyway welcome back ninj :D See you in the sand at willow 👍
Ninja is the devil :embarrassed:

Ahhh, OK, I guess an explanation is in order...

So, let me start off by saying that I was 1N7H35H4D0W5. I know, I know, but let me explain. Basically all I keep seeing is talk about silly season and how people enjoy the wonder and mystery of unannounced driver line-ups. I was basically trying to generate my own hype for a return (if I'm accepted) at Willow Springs to defend my Season 1 North American Championship. I didn't mean to troll anyone or upset anyone, since the response to this has been so negative, I was merely trying to keep everyone guessing and pointing the finger until the payoff and reveal which would have been in about 10-12 hours time.

Again, I'm sorry, my intentions were not to get people so riled up about it, I was merely trying something different to get a bit of a buzz going. I never had any intention of competiting under a falsified name or ID, I was always going to reveal that it was me in the end. What can I say, I'm a bit theatrical...

Also, @daan and any other mods or admins, it was my own oversight by not reading the second account rule (despite seeing it's consequences first hand with the MAB debacle) and I honestly will not pull another stunt like this, just please do not block this account. I'm being a man about it, holding my hands up and explaining my actions, there was nothing malicious about it.

Apologies again everyone, and if I'm allowed I'll be seeing you in my rear-view at Willow Springs. :D
Think you could have done a bit better to be honest, we all thought it was someone off his head, so was ignored :lol:

Thanks for accepting me back with open arms. Hopefully I'll be at my house when the race starts but I'm unsure because I have to drive 2 hours away from my PS3.

Knew I forgot one thing.

I really don't want to cause problems now, however I am going to ask you not to attend at the moment. After what was said awhile ago, and I did ask that person to publicly apologize or they would not be back and they, or rather you, did not. It caused a lot of trouble and it confused people, which split them up, and it was only because of the great bunch we have here that things did not finish. Those who were affected by what you said and now know it in fact was not the truth have happily come back and are fully aware of the situation. They're having a great time.

Emotional time :lol: I'm really proud of the group of guys we have here. Just last night, I had messages from people just asking some stuff, and they are supportive of the whole series. Just what they said was nice, and I've had it a few times. So you all may be thinking I'm being harsh with this, but I've let people off so many ties, even in past series and it just doesn't end well. I'd rather have that one guy angry at me, then have a repeat of what happened.

I don't want to talk about this on the thread, if people want to tell me they disagree or whatever then that is fine, i'll happily listen. However smith be grateful i'm asking you to wait for the time being, and not forever like I said you would.

@NinjaEvo you'll need to use the citroen still remember :cheers:

@STOCKY8A1 no pressure but willow was a good round for the Honda last season ;) and I hope I can get another pole.....

I was gonna give some bad news today,
However thanks to a work colleague I don't have to
They changed my work around to wednesdays (6pm-10pm)
but I swapped by days with her's so I'm fine to join this wednesday :D

You did give bad news Mate

hope to maybe have a mess around later.

Just to let people know points won't be up until Friday afternoon. Need to spend Thursday revising for my first mock :/. Also going to try a new result format, see how it's welcomed.

Some breaking news from the willow paddock this evening

Ninj was allegedly spotted testing a focus in an after testing private session leading to speculation that the recently returned driver may be being lined by ford to join them for the upcoming gtcc 3 season.

Should ford firm up their interest that would mean them dropping one of their currently contracted drivers.

When questioned both ford & team Ninj declined to comment on what both manufacturer & team called pure speculation with both manufacturer & driver currently under contract.

More to follow.....

No update wooooooooo, which means it will probably be next week :/

Importanter round today, people need to get as many points as they can before the drop score.

Excellent, that is good news for me.

Are you still thinking about postponing the finale if there is an update?

Sorry to hear that but fire away with sketches though the arse of the new GT looks a bit like a bad piggy from Angry Birds.

ok lol, that does look bad.
I hadn't seen the back before but... the new Ford's front and sides look very close to my design
here are my sketches:

Final few versions of the same car:

Others:

(sorry this 1 came out upside down:dopey:)

I would really appreciate any feedback :cheers:
let me know what you think

Bloody hell there's a lot great work there, I can see how you'd be pissed off. First Venom and then Ford you should have got copy rights sooner haha.
Are you taking it up as a career?

Some breaking news from the willow paddock this evening

Ninj was allegedly spotted testing a focus in an after testing private session leading to speculation that the recently returned driver may be being lined by ford to join them for the upcoming gtcc 3 season.

Should ford firm up their interest that would mean them dropping one of their currently contracted drivers.

When questioned both ford & team Ninj declined to comment on what both manufacturer & team called pure speculation with both manufacturer & driver currently under contract.

More to follow.....

Cant see ford being interested in him tbh, they have 3 top class drivers allready and he's been hopeless at citroen and word around the paddock is he's a prima donna with very little talent behind the wheel :eek:

@sibbystiggy nice work mate, I haven't done as much as that :lol: But I notice the front headlights are similar. My design they are shaped as arches on the outside and dip to the centre of the bonnet. The arches then flow down to the chasis of the car, bit hard to explain :lol: but keep it up 👍. It's probably hard, but most sportscar rear end shaps (the window sloping down) is usually the same shape. I've tried before to think of a better design but failed, perhaps you could.

Also, any feedback here. My next English project is a commentary piece. As my teacher knows my racing passion lol so I get to do some work on a last few lap race/. I first thought of doing a BTCC piece, as F1 is, well, I don't need to say lol. But I remembered 2008 Brazilian GP. Only problem is I can't make it sound bias 'And Timo Glock lets Hamilton through to win the title' :lol:

During his grid walkabout, GTTCC Race commentator Andy Rouse bumped into GTTCC-1 Team Champion with Swift Autosport and German driver @ABP and after a catch up, ABP told us he has raised the funds he needs for a seat, which he struggled for this season. It's still yet to be confirmed, but ABP is very hopeful, and has a test this weekend at Silverstone with the new BMW team, looking for a german line-up.

Bloody hell there's a lot great work there, I can see how you'd be pissed off. First Venom and then Ford you should have got copy rights sooner haha.
Are you taking it up as a career?

@sibbystiggy nice work mate, I haven't done as much as that :lol: But I notice the front headlights are similar. My design they are shaped as arches on the outside and dip to the centre of the bonnet. The arches then flow down to the chasis of the car, bit hard to explain :lol: but keep it up 👍. It's probably hard, but most sportscar rear end shaps (the window sloping down) is usually the same shape. I've tried before to think of a better design but failed, perhaps you could.

Also, any feedback here. My next English project is a commentary piece. As my teacher knows my racing passion lol so I get to do some work on a last few lap race/. I first thought of doing a BTCC piece, as F1 is, well, I don't need to say lol. But I remembered 2008 Brazilian GP. Only problem is I can't make it sound bias 'And Timo Glock lets Hamilton through to win the title' :lol:

thanks guys :)
I see what you mean, the arches sound good & I fail 90% of the time with a new design for something but you just keep going until you find somin that looks good and practical
its not always clear but the most beautiful cars are generally the most simple, a complicated design may look striking at first but not beautiful/natural or somin you can get used to and it is always replaced with somin better very soon a bit more striking looking. most BMWs are a good example

Its easy to make somin complicated but the hard work is in taking something complicated and making it simple without compromising it's functionality.

the back of the tucker is a good alternative design/shape for supercars I think, most supercars of today look too similar when it comes to shapes and the goal behind what they want to achieve.

I did an english presentation once on bruno senna ;), doing something you're interested in always gets you the top grades so think of it as an oopportunity 👍

and I have recently applied to uni for automotive engineering and I'm gonna apply for jaguar-landrover apprenticeship too, I hope I get in :nervous:, design, innovation and creativity has been my passion throughout my life
(btw patents are bloody expensive! lol)

and for my revolutionary new car, I'll be redesigning most of the standard parts seen in all cars (for far too long), and they need to be changed imo, in favor of somin new and futuristic and yet simple. I have started to see all cars as the same underneath with different bodies where only tweaks set them apart, its getting on a bit. They are just improving on something thought up since the car was first invented rather than re-designing parts from scratch for the past 70 years. Its time to move on! :D

Back