(GTTCC8) GT Touring Car Championship S8 - Ash9414 is the Champion!Finished 

Some good racing but there's a serious lack of common sense. I don't know why people fight like mad for 4th or 5th place instead of working together.

Hopefully there's a bit more respect for the championship battle next week. Not asking people to move over, but there is very little separating the 3 of us, and having one small incident can put us out of the race. I lost a fair few points tonight from it but can people just be more careful next week please :)

Points coming soon

I've just realised, my points for the Independents Championship haven't been added. Surely I'm allowed a chance at winning both trophies? :P

I've just realised, my points for the Independents Championship haven't been added. Surely I'm allowed a chance at winning both trophies? :P
You and Danny were registered as a team so your points were going towards that.

I can't connect to the internet at all now on my PS3 so I sadly can't race
No worries mate

@Ash9414 let me know if you want tonight and Brand's points to go towards indy or team championship

I can't connect to the internet at all now on my PS3 so I sadly can't race
That's mad, are you switching providers? Or is it something that's creating a priblem with just PS3? I'm guessing you tried hard resets, firewall and other tricks to get it happening...

And then after round 2 I switched to DPR so that left Danny and yourself as the two Merc drivers.

Oh okay, you didn't say. :P Anyways, Danny said he wouldn't be able to race after Spa due to various wheel/connection issues. So surely it makes sense for us to either both run as independents, or to be part of the same team?

Oh okay, you didn't say. :P Anyways, Danny said he wouldn't be able to race after Spa due to various wheel/connection issues. So surely it makes sense for us to either both run as independents, or to be part of the same team?
I did say somewhere.

After Spa Danny said he would possibly make it and he was trying to sort his PS3 out. So as far as i'm aware at that time he was still registered as a driver and he even attended the nights (even if he DC and left). So during those events he was still scoring team points for Merc-y Racing.

Good nights racing all

Ash please let me know if you want to run as an indy or team. I'll most likely drop out next week so up to you

STANDINGS (Please note this could be altered during the week)

So, heading into the grand finale...

Drivers (next available drop)
- @True-blue-8 (51) @Ash9414 (52) @DeltaJuliet (50)

True needs 71 to be guaranteed the title.
Ash must score 54 points but must score 1 extra point for everything over 51 true scores
mike must score 61 points but must score 1 extra point for everything over 51 true scores and 54 ash scores.

-Please note - ash/mike's points have been calculated to tie with true. They need 1 extra to take the lead, but it depends on countback (especially in the case of ash) - our countback works in the following way - most wins, most combined podiums, most 2nd places, most 3rd etc etc

Teams
Scorpius @DeltaJuliet j_starscream (51) Merc-y @Ash9414 @DannyB013 @True-blue-8 (51)

Merc-y need 72 points, but 1 extra for everything over 51 Scorpius score

Independents
@True-blue-8 @NinjaEvo @Storm_SP17
whatever these drivers score will count towards their final tally

true needs 28 to win the championship
ninja must outscore true by 46
storm must outscore true by 61, and outscore ninja by 15

Qualifying
@True-blue-8 is Qualifying trophy champion

see you all next week :cheers:

Damnn the title looks so close, good luck guys, I wish I could join you all. I'm not too sure at all what the issue is tbh. I've done loads of resets, tried port forwarding etc. and gone to speak to some of the IT people and I just couldn't get into any lobbies at all in the end. Then the data ran out for my portable wifi box and I didn't think there was any point in getting more, since I can't race online.

Damnn the title looks so close, good luck guys, I wish I could join you all. I'm not too sure at all what the issue is tbh. I've done loads of resets, tried port forwarding etc. and gone to speak to some of the IT people and I just couldn't get into any lobbies at all in the end. Then the data ran out for my portable wifi box and I didn't think there was any point in getting more, since I can't race online.

iam pretty sure you just mentioned the issue you self , iam not 100% sure but i wouldnt think that a portable wifi router is powerfull enough too run online races with , only your provider can give you a answer on that

iam pretty sure you just mentioned the issue you self , iam not 100% sure but i wouldnt think that a portable wifi router is powerfull enough too run online races with , only your provider can give you a answer on that
I use a mobile WiFi device for all my races, so it can be done! Unless you are rendering graphics with data too, you only really need a stable connection... mine isn't fast or "powerful" either, not compared to some; 7GB up and 2GB down on average.

The issue is likely some impedence between the PS3 and whatever he's connecting to... I'd say firewall but if it's not that then I am out of ideas right now...

I use a mobile WiFi device for all my races, so it can be done! Unless you are rendering graphics with data too, you only really need a stable connection... mine isn't fast or "powerful" either, not compared to some; 7GB up and 2GB down on average.

The issue is likely some impedence between the PS3 and whatever he's connecting to... I'd say firewall but if it's not that then I am out of ideas right now...

iam thinking , could it have too do with the portable wifi router it self , not beeing powerfull enough too proces all the data ?

iam thinking , could it have too do with the portable wifi router it self , not beeing powerfull enough too proces all the data ?
If it is then that's one terrible device! Usually USB "dongle" Wi-Fi devices have enough power to do the same job, and if he's getting internet for his home outside of PS3 then it has enough power for sure.

@DannyB013, perhaps this link may highlight something...

http://www.evdoinfo.com/content/view/3593/64/

I don't know what type of device you use exactly, but I just feel like something is impeding the communication between your device and the PS3, perhaps a "ghost" secondary firewall(?)... I won't insult your intelligence by asking if you tried DMZing, as that's not a guarantee to work anyways.

Last edited:
I use a MiFi device with EE. I can't seem to get a nat type 2 at all. DMZing worked great when I was at home but hasn't worked here annoyingly. Yeh it could be something to do with kind of blocking the connection, I'm not sure, it has baffled me haha. At first it wasn't a problem, I could still race and the connection seemed stable but then out of nowhere, I couldn't even get onto a gt6 server and after loads of attempts so that has baffled me too.

I use a MiFi device with EE. I can't seem to get a nat type 2 at all. DMZing worked great when I was at home but hasn't worked here annoyingly. Yeh it could be something to do with kind of blocking the connection, I'm not sure, it has baffled me haha. At first it wasn't a problem, I could still race and the connection seemed stable but then out of nowhere, I couldn't even get onto a gt6 server and after loads of attempts so that has baffled me too.
Are you able to get onto a lobby at all mate? Would be nice if you could pop in to watch and try have a shakedown at the end to wave off the series :cheers:

Looks like despite a LOT of absence... that podium in indy looks pretty tight... is 2nd a possibility though? I'll say a win overall is out of the question unless someone doesn't turn up! :lol:

You guys won't believe how excited I am about this potential Sainz deal :D

My only problem is so many people will jump on the bandwagon -_-

Back