Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2Movies 

• Thread starter dacc10
  • 55 comments
....I'm so looking forward to this. The first film was great fun, an unexpected one at that.

And the baby Groot is soooooo adorable!! Look at him running off with the bomb switch!! Cute!!

....I'm so looking forward to this. The first film was great fun, an unexpected one at that.

And the baby Groot is soooooo adorable!! Look at him running off with the bomb switch!! Cute!!

I'm more hyped about this movie, rather than Spider-Man Homecoming. This is much more important to set Infinity War.

I wonder how the reaction of the Avengers will be, when they meet Groot for the first time. The sarcastic personality of Tony Stark should give a really funny reaction.

I'm more hyped about this movie, rather than Spider-Man Homecoming. This is much more important to set Infinity War.

I wonder how the reaction of the Avengers will be, when they meet Groot for the first time. The sarcastic personality of Tony Stark should give a really funny reaction.

Baby Groot: I AM GROOT

Tony Stark: .... uh, well, it's groot to meet you. Wood you like a drink?

The first film was great fun, an unexpected one at that.
I think that because the title was so obscure, nobody really knew what to expect. It helped that it was so far removed from everything else in the MCU, and the final film turned out to be something that wasn't just consistent with the MCU, but really a love letter to cinematic science fiction in general.

Man you guys use to be so fast with content, the trailers been out for a couple weeks. Is the Marvel train slowing down (nah cause they have two of the highest grossing movies of the year, one of them being the highest).

Also enjoyed the loving moment between Star Lord and Drax

Man you guys use to be so fast with content, the trailers been out for a couple weeks. Is the Marvel train slowing down (nah cause they have two of the highest grossing movies of the year, one of them being the highest).

Also enjoyed the loving moment between Star Lord and Drax

It releases barely 24 hours ago.

Did you even bothered watching the trailer I posted? Because that is just the sneak peak, that you posted.
Yesterday came out the "real" trailer.

Real? They're both official trailers from Marvel/Disney to broadcast the new Guardians of the Galaxy 2 movie. Also how does that change the fact of me being surprised. As I say below to another user, had I made this statement and this been the true first trailer in any sense, I could see the point in whatever you two are trying to say.

No, they're both trailers.
Go on and watch them. I'll wait.

I already have, not sure what that changes about my original post. Other than you stating that the one posted was from a few hours ago...

My point in the original post was to show surprise at the lapse in time between when this thread could have been made and when it was actually made. The trailer I posted is a good half a minute shorter than the one posted in the OP and yet uses much of the same content, so the point still stands. An active visual (trailer) was available at a much earlier time.

I already have, not sure what that changes about my original post.

Well, it is just a short scroll up, but here's a reminder I guess:

"Man you guys use to be so fast with content, the trailers been out for a couple weeks."

If you meant the quite different, much smaller teaser, perhaps you should've said that.

Real? They're both official trailers from Marvel/Disney to broadcast the new Guardians of the Galaxy 2 movie. Also how does that change the fact of me being surprised. As I say below to another user, had I made this statement and this been the true first trailer in any sense, I could see the point in whatever you two are trying to say.

No, they're both trailers.

By real I mean, a full trailer, not a sneak peak. That's why I put the word between "".

You could've frased it very differently, to be honest.

No one created a topic probably because there wasn't much about that same sneak peak you mentioned.

Well, it is just a short scroll up, but here's a reminder I guess:

"Man you guys use to be so fast with content, the trailers been out for a couple weeks."

If you meant the quite different, much smaller teaser, perhaps you should've said that.

Why? People use to be fast with posting up content for new upcoming marvel films. Which is why I was surprised to see it now getting it's own dedicated thread. So once again I'll ask you, what does me being surprised that this thread being posted up so now compared to when the first trailer was dropped have to do with you telling me it was barely released 24 hours ago.

I was not specifically talking about this trailer or that, I was highlighting (with my next post even) that visuals for the next movie have been up, you took at a specific comment to one or the other. I tried to highlight with my edit that yes it is the second trailer. If you didn't understand me then sorry, but I don't see the reason for the smart arse remark in the "go ahead I'll wait".
By real I mean, a full trailer, not a sneak peak. That's why I put the word between "".

You could've frased it very differently, to be honest.

No one created a topic probably because there wasn't much about that same sneak peak you mentioned.

It's not a sneak peak, it's a trailer that was broadcast to promote the next movie, there are variations on trailers you do know that right? Also the first trailer is a minute forty and shows many of the same images in the one you posted. Other than the funny dialogue between Rocket and Groot, I don't see the difference. The one I posted shows Star Lord confiding in Drax and Drax talking to him about his secret. This one shows Drax making fun of said secret he was told about in previous trailer.

Or maybe no one created the topic cause they weren't that interested. I look at Logan and I see a quick post up after the first trailer dropped, and it was revealed it'd be rated r (officially). So my comment (which I find strange is being taken as a slight), was building a tangent into perhaps these marvel movies are so expected now that the interest isn't as big as it once was.

Because that's how the English language works.

The thread was created very shortly after the trailer posted in the first post appeared online. Yet again:

Or maybe no one created the topic cause they weren't that interested. I look at Logan and I see a quick post up after the first trailer dropped, and it was revealed it'd be rated r (officially). So my comment (which I find strange is being taken as a slight), was building a tangent into perhaps these marvel movies are so expected now that the interest isn't as big as it once was.

It might also have something to do with the director himself downplaying the first release, going so far as calling it a "sneak peak" and consciously trying to avoid the word "trailer". Who knows; Hollywood can be weird.

This one also shows us a lot more of the actual movie. Thankfully, it avoids giving us much in the way of spoilers — or indeed, even an inkling of plot — which is a nice change of pace for Marvel trailers. Then again, they've got six months, I'm sure the inevitable onslaught of TV clips will tell us a lot more.

Because that's how the English language works.

The thread was created very shortly after the trailer posted in the first post appeared online. Yet again:

Clearly it is, I've already said that. Its not "quite" different. It shows the exact same cut scenes bar one that is dedicated to it that the other doesn't have. And vice versa, hence trailer 1 and now trailer 2 (OP). The surprise of this not being made still exist because of the general info being available in some form before trailer 2 came out.

It might also have something to do with the director himself downplaying the first release, going so far as calling it a "sneak peak" and consciously trying to avoid the word "trailer". Who knows; Hollywood can be weird.

This one also shows us a lot more of the actual movie. Thankfully, it avoids giving us much in the way of spoilers — or indeed, even an inkling of plot — which is a nice change of pace for Marvel trailers. Then again, they've got six months, I'm sure the inevitable onslaught of TV clips will tell us a lot more.

It shows us a carry over from the first to this and a dialogue between groot and rocket. I don't see how the additional 20-30 seconds of new content, quantifies into a lot more. Nor does it highlight the point of my initial post.

I think that because the title was so obscure, nobody really knew what to expect. It helped that it was so far removed from everything else in the MCU, and the final film turned out to be something that wasn't just consistent with the MCU, but really a love letter to cinematic science fiction in general.

...Totally agree. Until the marketing for the first film was released, I had zero idea who these fellas were. Granted, I am more of a DC guy, so there's that.

But the overall quality of the movie was very, very good. Even the moments of potential cringeworthyness was turned into a spot of fun. Now that's good direction.

I dearly hope Gunn and the crew were able to "bottle the lightning" for the second time. I really do.

BTW, holy heck, what happened to this thread? :lol:

Clearly it is, I've already said that. Its not "quite" different. It shows the exact same cut scenes bar one that is dedicated to it that the other doesn't have. And vice versa, hence trailer 1 and now trailer 2 (OP). The surprise of this not being made still exist because of the general info being available in some form before trailer 2 came out.

It shows us a carry over from the first to this and a dialogue between groot and rocket. I don't see how the additional 20-30 seconds of new content, quantifies into a lot more. Nor does it highlight the point of my initial post.

20/30 seconds make quite a difference in a trailer. The first trailer was really vague, almost standstill shots, apart from the dialogue between Drax and Quill. The context of most of the sections shown there was vague. Most of the time it was the character in a "lifeless" background.

In the new one, you can fully see that tentacle creature, those fast spaceships behind Star-Lord's spaceship, more Drax, more Gamora, a lot more Rocket, bits of action scenes, and of course Groot in a great part of the trailer. We see different interactions between characters. Oh, and unveiled a new character, Mantis, that we see for the first time.
Apparently, they had another trailer, but that one revealed more about the history, so they choosed to show this instead.

As for the rest, I do agree in part that it's weird for a movie like this not being talked so much. But we can't forget that the teaser didn't reveal much (unlike the trailer for Civil War which revealed Spider-Man). Also, there are other huge Marvel movies coming along next year, Spider-Man and Thor: Ragnarok. Spider-Man steals a lot of attention. Youtube channels focused on comic book movies tend to pay more attention to Spider-Man stuff, rather than GotG.
Also, there has been rumours for almost 2 months or so that a Homecoming trailer would apear sometime soon.

Anyway, I'm more hyped about this than Spider-Man, to me all that obession around that movie somehow kills it for me. The MCU was already shaping up very well towards Infinity War, Spider-Man is an extra.

20/30 seconds make quite a difference in a trailer. The first trailer was really vague, almost standstill shots, apart from the dialogue between Drax and Quill. The context of most of the sections shown there was vague. Most of the time it was the character in a "lifeless" background.

Same thing here, I don't know what grand story you saw in the background of this one.

In the new one, you can fully see that tentacle creature, those fast spaceships behind Star-Lord's spaceship, more Drax, more Gamora, a lot more Rocket, bits of action scenes, and of course Groot in a great part of the trailer. We see different interactions between characters. Oh, and unveiled a new character, Mantis, that we see for the first time.
Apparently, they had another trailer, but that one revealed more about the history, so they choosed to show this instead.

You mean the same one they're charging too, in the first? We saw the spaceships in the first too...

More Drax dialogue yes, but still the same dry humor from the first one, with Star Lord/Quill as the catalyst. More Gamora, yes no dialogue sitting about is quite telling. First one had bits of action too, if anything the second one is just an extended version of the first one with a new dialouge between Quill and Drax that is just as funny, and rocket/groot dialogue. All the same cut scenes are there as far as everything else goes.

As for the rest, I do agree in part that it's weird for a movie like this not being talked so much. But we can't forget that the teaser didn't reveal much (unlike the trailer for Civil War which revealed Spider-Man). Also, there are other huge Marvel movies coming along next year, Spider-Man and Thor: Ragnarok. Spider-Man steals a lot of attention. Youtube channels focused on comic book movies tend to pay more attention to Spider-Man stuff, rather than GotG.
Also, there has been rumours for almost 2 months or so that a Homecoming trailer would apear sometime soon.

Anyway, I'm more hyped about this than Spider-Man, to me all that obession around that movie somehow kills it for me. The MCU was already shaping up very well towards Infinity War, Spider-Man is an extra.

They're probably waiting for the final trailer which will probably show at the start of next year in preparation for the summer movie season. As Slipz made mention of. It's good your bring up Spider Man because even with that huge announcement it's not been talked about a lot. The one marvel (non-marvel film) being talked about is Wolverine. Thor while probably the biggest still hasn't shown much either. I feel with so much going on in the world of Disney perhaps it getting too much or so common place that it only becomes cared about once it's at theaters.

I don't know i did see much on Doctor Strange (one of my favorite heroes) and even myself wasn't as excited for the movie as much as I was for Civil War. I also agree, I'm hyped for anything but Spider man. The character has had a worse history than the Stand alone Hulk movies. I hope it starts to get better now that Disney/Marvel are in charge.

I think the big attraction is and always will be Avengers so until that gets closer perhaps these story builders will keep attracting middle of the road news. It surely doesn't feel as important as it use to be say 3-4 years ago.

Same thing here, I don't know what grand story you saw in the background of this one.

There's no need to be entirely story related to have some context. In that tunnel thing, where Quill is in the first trailer, there's nothing outside, just "empty" space, on this trailer however, you see spaceships pointing at him.
By context I mean, something happening around the characters, while on most of the first trailer, they were just there for the picture.

You mean the same one they're charging too, in the first? We saw the spaceships in the first too...

More Drax dialogue yes, but still the same dry humor from the first one, with Star Lord/Quill as the catalyst. More Gamora, yes no dialogue sitting about is quite telling. First one had bits of action too, if anything the second one is just an extended version of the first one with a new dialouge between Quill and Drax that is just as funny, and rocket/groot dialogue. All the same cut scenes are there as far as everything else goes.

In the first trailer, did you see the full body of the creature? Because all I see is a tentacle (Gamora running over it to attack). Huh, no spaceships in the first one, no.

Maybe the first one is exactly what was intended to be, just the teaser for this one?
In the new one, all the cutscenes have more depth into them.

They're probably waiting for the final trailer which will probably show at the start of next year in preparation for the summer movie season. As Slipz made mention of. It's good your bring up Spider Man because even with that huge announcement it's not been talked about a lot. The one marvel (non-marvel film) being talked about is Wolverine. Thor while probably the biggest still hasn't shown much either. I feel with so much going on in the world of Disney perhaps it getting too much or so common place that it only becomes cared about once it's at theaters.

I don't know i did see much on Doctor Strange (one of my favorite heroes) and even myself wasn't as excited for the movie as much as I was for Civil War. I also agree, I'm hyped for anything but Spider man. The character has had a worse history than the Stand alone Hulk movies. I hope it starts to get better now that Disney/Marvel are in charge.

I think the big attraction is and always will be Avengers so until that gets closer perhaps these story builders will keep attracting middle of the road news. It surely doesn't feel as important as it use to be say 3-4 years ago.

The big difference I guess is that there are a ton of big movies next year. Marvel themselves have 3, rather than the usual 2. DCEU as 2 I think. Fox has Logan. And this is just for the comic book related movies, off the top of my head.

The thing with Spider Man, is that he became almost overused. He doesn't feel "special". Became a mainstream superhero, too mainstream for my taste. I don't doubt it will be a good movie, hopefully even ends up being great. But at this point, being the Marvel hero with the biggest fanbase and mainstream, I feel that their B list heros feel more unique in comparison.

Logan has been talked about a lot because it's a different take on the superhero, compared to the X-Men movies. It's rated R, and seems to appeal more to the feels. For some might seem like the most mature and serious movie, of all the superhero movies for next year.

Thor Ragnarok will probably see it's trailer later, maybe even after Homecoming, to not take away the spotlight of said movie, or even to avoid stealing a lot of the attention from itself, due to Homecoming. We have to bear in mind that Thor most likely has the biggest budget, compared to Homecoming and that it's the least successful trilogy so far. They need as much spotlight as they possibly can.

Civil War had that huge marketing, a ton of avengers, including new characters to the MCU. And also, was the direct competitor with BvS, so yeah, a lot of attention for those two. On the other end, Doctor Strange was seen as just another origin story to many. This might explain that.

Yeah, Avengers will always be the main atraction in the MCU, specially now with Thanos and all the Infinity War storyline. It will be a massive movie, since it builds up since the first Iron Man.

There's no need to be entirely story related to have some context. In that tunnel thing, where Quill is in the first trailer, there's nothing outside, just "empty" space, on this trailer however, you see spaceships pointing at him.
By context I mean, something happening around the characters, while on most of the first trailer, they were just there for the picture.

How so, they were preparing for a fight or in the midst of a fight. Trailer two further establishes this, and even without both trailers we knew this was essentially going to be...trailers just provide a visual to stimulate.

In the first trailer, did you see the full body of the creature? Because all I see is a tentacle (Gamora running over it to attack). Huh, no spaceships in the first one, no.

Maybe the first one is exactly what was intended to be, just the teaser for this one?
In the new one, all the cutscenes have more depth into them.

I see spaceships and Star Lord being attacked in the first trailer, like most trailers (Rogue One thread for context) you get a first trailer that is small and unassuming and you either get an extended version of it (in case of Rated R's you get a red band version after) or you get a second trailer. But almost always a derivative of the initial trailer with some new bits or slight differences. However, at the core they're the same.

If it was named a teaser by director that's fine, but the Studio put it out as an official trailer. The point that still is being circumvented was and is, this movie had content already available and it was surprising to me that it wasn't posted sooner, a 20-30 second trailer tells us no more than prior. We saw the central characters (didn't even need a trailer for that), we were given comedic dialogue in both although different expected based on the first movie.

The big difference I guess is that there are a ton of big movies next year. Marvel themselves have 3, rather than the usual 2. DCEU as 2 I think. Fox has Logan. And this is just for the comic book related movies, off the top of my head.

The thing with Spider Man, is that he became almost overused. He doesn't feel "special". Became a mainstream superhero, too mainstream for my taste. I don't doubt it will be a good movie, hopefully even ends up being great. But at this point, being the Marvel hero with the biggest fanbase and mainstream, I feel that their B list heros feel more unique in comparison.

Logan has been talked about a lot because it's a different take on the superhero, compared to the X-Men movies. It's rated R, and seems to appeal more to the feels. For some might seem like the most mature and serious movie, of all the superhero movies for next year.

Thor Ragnarok will probably see it's trailer later, maybe even after Homecoming, to not take away the spotlight of said movie, or even to avoid stealing a lot of the attention from itself, due to Homecoming. We have to bear in mind that Thor most likely has the biggest budget, compared to Homecoming and that it's the least successful trilogy so far. They need as much spotlight as they possibly can.

Civil War had that huge marketing, a ton of avengers, including new characters to the MCU. And also, was the direct competitor with BvS, so yeah, a lot of attention for those two. On the other end, Doctor Strange was seen as just another origin story to many. This might explain that.

Yeah, Avengers will always be the main atraction in the MCU, specially now with Thanos and all the Infinity War storyline. It will be a massive movie, since it builds up since the first Iron Man.

I agree with nearly all of this, except expressing the same worries of how they plan to link it all about for the Infinity Wars. I think this movie will set something up in relation to Thor/Hulk movie and that will be a key catalyst to the next Avengers.

Since we saw something in relation with Doctor Strange and Thor Ragnarok.

I agree with nearly all of this, except expressing the same worries of how they plan to link it all about for the Infinity Wars. I think this movie will set something up in relation to Thor/Hulk movie and that will be a key catalyst to the next Avengers.

Since we saw something in relation with Doctor Strange and Thor Ragnarok.

I think that, from now on, pretty much every movie will somehow setup Infinity War. Homecoming will likely setup the main character's place in the Avengers. We can't that Earth's Avengers are split in half. Tony Stark's team and Cap's team. Homecoming and Black Panther will somehow address this, how each of those teams are built. The Russo brothers mentioned that the Civil War is still going, which leads me to believe that a possible reunion will only happen through the course of Infinity War.

Even Doctor Strange sets up Infinity War, with the unveiling of the Time Stone, and Doctor Strange having no idea what an Infinity Stone is.

The Guardians of the Galaxy are the less related/connected with the Avengers for now. They have no idea about each other's existence. The Guardians have no relation with Earth, apart from Quill. The Vol.2, will most likely be filled with flashbacks, specially when they find out who Quill's father is. That will probably be the only connection with Earth for the whole movie for all the characters. In this movie, I feel like the setup for either Thor: Ragnarok or Infinity War, will be in the mid/post-credit scenes.

Thor Ragnarok will be the most important piece of the puzzle. Not only there's a strong possibility of the last Infinity Stone appear in the movie, but it's also prossible that Asgard reaches the end of the movie "crippled". Asgard, at full strength, would be the biggest threat to Thanos's quest, in theory. A crippled Asgard containing one or maybe even two Infinity Stones, makes it a high value target. At the end of the movie, we might even see Asgard without any Infinity Stones. In the middle of whatever conflict erupts in Asgard, someone who works for Thanos might get the Tesseract somehow. We don't know who works for Thanos and who does not.
The Tesseract is the most important peace to collect the remaining Stones. With it, he can open portals which allows Thanos to go get those Stones in no time. This is how Thor Ragnarok might setup perfectly IW.

I think that, from now on, pretty much every movie will somehow setup Infinity War. Homecoming will likely setup the main character's place in the Avengers. We can't that Earth's Avengers are split in half. Tony Stark's team and Cap's team. Homecoming and Black Panther will somehow address this, how each of those teams are built. The Russo brothers mentioned that the Civil War is still going, which leads me to believe that a possible reunion will only happen through the course of Infinity War.

Well remember Spider man does play a key role in the infinity wars.

Even Doctor Strange sets up Infinity War, with the unveiling of the Time Stone, and Doctor Strange having no idea what an Infinity Stone is.

The Guardians of the Galaxy are the less related/connected with the Avengers for now. They have no idea about each other's existence. The Guardians have no relation with Earth, apart from Quill. The Vol.2, will most likely be filled with flashbacks, specially when they find out who Quill's father is. That will probably be the only connection with Earth for the whole movie for all the characters. In this movie, I feel like the setup for either Thor: Ragnarok or Infinity War, will be in the mid/post-credit scenes.

This is fine cause many characters that played a big part in winning the infinty war have either not been introduced or not given enough airtime. Guardians will be much of the same to this, which is strange considering what the last movie did set up.

Thor Ragnarok will be the most important piece of the puzzle. Not only there's a strong possibility of the last Infinity Stone appear in the movie, but it's also prossible that Asgard reaches the end of the movie "crippled". Asgard, at full strength, would be the biggest threat to Thanos's quest, in theory. A crippled Asgard containing one or maybe even two Infinity Stones, makes it a high value target. At the end of the movie, we might even see Asgard without any Infinity Stones. In the middle of whatever conflict erupts in Asgard, someone who works for Thanos might get the Tesseract somehow. We don't know who works for Thanos and who does not.
The Tesseract is the most important peace to collect the remaining Stones. With it, he can open portals which allows Thanos to go get those Stones in no time. This is how Thor Ragnarok might setup perfectly IW.

I feel the most important part is the creation of a world war hulk that will probably be used a a key component to beating Thanos.

The real trailer seems to be a better representation of the movie than the sneak peek. More Baby Groot and Mantis, less Blue Swede (which probably isn't even on the soundtrack anyway).

When the sneak peek came out there was hardly anything to discuss.

Star power dictates that your actor's face should be on screen for as long as possible. If Quill's dad were going to be just a CGI effect it'd be rare for them to hire a name actor just for that I would've thought.

Back