Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2Movies 

• Thread starter dacc10
  • 55 comments
...Another TV spot, slightly different from the trailer on the post above. Ohh, look, that post's mine too!!

I get this weird feeling that Google is tracking all the videos I've been watching lately.... Hmmm.

Nah, can't be. Must be a coincidence. It's a whole lot of coincidence that my recommended list is inundated with movie trailers, because I've subbed Movieclip Trailers. Yep, that is it.

So we've got our first official look at someone Gunn confirmed months ago, but we still have almost no plot details. I like it — it's the opposite approach to Ultron. Conversely, that has me slightly worried, since so far the villain seems to be no different than the last in terms of motivation.

So we've got our first official look at someone Gunn confirmed months ago, but we still have almost no plot details. I like it — it's the opposite approach to Ultron. Conversely, that has me slightly worried, since so far the villain seems to be no different than the last in terms of motivation.

Well as far as I can see, the movie has no "real" villain in it. Instead, a mix of smaller villains... and that creature.

Taserface is apparently a small villain. Turns the Ravagers against Yondu. The guardians save Yondu, so that's motivation enough for Taserface to seek revenge.
Ayesha is part of a society with a superiority complex, probably got offended by something the guardians said and/or did. She seems more like a queen. In the past, if someone disrespects a king or queen, it's likely to start a conflict. No real villain here. Ayesha could br important for future movies though, to introduce Adam Warlock.
There's the possibility that Ego happens to be kind of a villain in a way. For the little we know about him in the MCU, he is, according to Yondu, a jackass.
We might even get a villain that we have no idea of.

The point of this movie is once more, building the characters and the team. Exploring relationships, exploring their past. No big villains, and for the amount of fights we might see, there's no need for any.

I also like the fact that, less than two months prior to the release of the movie, we don't know pretty much anything from the movie.

We do have Awesome Mix Vol. 2 (the soundtrack) if anyone cares. It was released a couple of days ago in the US and some countries.

Track Listing:

1. "Mr. Blue Sky" by Electric Light Ochestra
2. "Fox on the Run" by Sweet
3. "Lake Shore Drive" by Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah
4. "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac
5. "Bring It On Home To Me" by Sam Cooke
6. "Southern Nights" by Glen Campbell
7. "My Sweet Lord" by George Harrison
8. "Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)" by Looking Glass
9. "Come a Little Bit Closer" by Jay and the Americans
10. "Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang" by Silver
11. "Surrender" by Cheap Trick
12. "Father and Son" by Cat Stevens
13. "Flashlight" by Parliament
14. "Guardians Inferno" by The Sneepers feat. David Hasselhoff

Listening to the tracks now. Personally, not as good as the first one as some tracks are hit and miss, but Hasselhoff
singing in English more than makes up for it.

If anyone is going to an advanced screening here in Australia(Reading Cinema in Charlestown Square, are showing the movie at tonight @630pm, 8pm & 930pm), a Spoiler is fine by me. I'm going to see it tomorrow anyways.

Got my tickets for a 3:10pm showing. So far, I've read from friends, it's good.

Last edited by a moderator:
You must stay for the 3rd end credits scene. MUST!!!

I can see where Spider-Man will be important during the Infinity War(s). It's what he does to/for a major Marvel character that helps defeat Thanos

Last edited:
"I'm Mary Poppins y'all!"

Incidentally, it seems to be an entirely uncredited role, but Krugarr (red Ravager found in an end credit sequence) is totally Doug Jones.

Last edited:
You must stay for the 3rd end credits scene. MUST!!!

I can see where Spider-Man will be important during the Infinity War(s). It's what he does to/for a major Marvel character that helps defeat Thanos

I read an article (I stayed away from such articles before seeing the movie) that dismisses this thought.

Incidentally, it seems to be an entirely uncredited role, but Krugarr (red Ravager found in an end credit sequence) is totally Doug Jones.
Gunn likes to fill out cameo appearances with actors he has worked with before.

I'm going to see this on Weds, really looking forwards to it. Heard about the 5 end credits scense, bit over the top IMO but I'll stay for them.

My Tweet on the subject has a solitary like.

From Doug Jones :lol:

So I'll review this later on when I'm nice and dry, but five end credits scenes.

Five. And I watched them all. :lol:

Alright. Let's do this!

So before I get to anything else: Adam Warlock is in play! Not in the movie itself but he's mentioned, at least by first name, in the third of 42 end credits scenes. I always figured he'd come after the Infinity War because anything else would literally feel as if he's being shoehorned in for the sake of the story. Finally having that confirmed is fantastic.

I will say one other thing and it's that Marvel appears to be setting themselves up for a number of possible movies in the future; we now know that The Watchers are apart of the MCU which will play fantastically into the next couple of movies for Phase III.

Now onto the movie, as a sequel it was fantastic; as a movie in the MCU it continued playing to its strengths and nothing felt forced or awkward; there was just enough laugh out loud comedy mixed in with the more emotional tones. I do feel there was a little cliche with Gamora and Nebula, but on the opposite end of that it actually makes sense — she's always hated Thanos far more than she's ever hated Gamora, so finding out she just wanted a sister at the end of the day and not the relationship they ended up having is... actually sound.

Drax was fantastic. There's really not much else I can say: he's crass, brutally honest, and a goddamn child at heart. Never change him and never cast anyone other than Dave.

Yondu. :( Though apparently he's in Infinity War so...

Ego. Everything about it/him was perfect. Though in the beginning I was so convinced he was the embodiment of the Ego gem that I completely forgot about the living planet of the same name. :lol: There's no way Kurt is 66 and looks that good; whatever him and Bob Barker take I want some of it.

I'm definitely going to go see this again and I'm definitely going to see through the 75 end credits scenes again.

Alright. Let's do this!

So before I get to anything else: Adam Warlock is in play! Not in the movie itself but he's mentioned, at least by first name, in the third of 42 end credits scenes. I always figured he'd come after the Infinity War because anything else would literally feel as if he's being shoehorned in for the sake of the story. Finally having that confirmed is fantastic.

I will say one other thing and it's that Marvel appears to be setting themselves up for a number of possible movies in the future; we now know that The Watchers are apart of the MCU which will play fantastically into the next couple of movies for Phase III.

Now onto the movie, as a sequel it was fantastic; as a movie in the MCU it continued playing to its strengths and nothing felt forced or awkward; there was just enough laugh out loud comedy mixed in with the more emotional tones. I do feel there was a little cliche with Gamora and Nebula, but on the opposite end of that it actually makes sense — she's always hated Thanos far more than she's ever hated Gamora, so finding out she just wanted a sister at the end of the day and not the relationship they ended up having is... actually sound.

Drax was fantastic. There's really not much else I can say: he's crass, brutally honest, and a goddamn child at heart. Never change him and never cast anyone other than Dave.

Ego. Everything about it/him was perfect. Though in the beginning I was so convinced he was the embodiment of the Ego gem that I completely forgot about the living planet of the same name. :lol: There's no way Kurt is 66 and looks that good; whatever him and Bob Barker take I want some of it.

I'm definitely going to go see this again and I'm definitely going to see through the 75 end credits scenes again.
I liked the High Priestess as well. She just look beat, defeated. So much for the "holier than thou" she displayed.

Just like the comics, so many stories to tell for years.

five end credits scenes.

Five. And I watched them all. :lol:
That's actually a deterrent to me. I don't mind post-credits scenes when they're easter eggs, like the one at the end of the first films, but if they're essentially continuing the story after the film has finished, then I have to wonder if there are serious issues with the main story.

And it was originally supposed to be six post-credits scenes - Nathan Fillion filmed one where he played Wonder Man before he got his powers; from descriptions of the scene, he was an actor who had played Iron Man in films within the MCU. Apparently James Gunn cut the scene because he wants to use Fillion and/or Wonder Man in Volume 3.

That's actually a deterrent to me. I don't mind post-credits scenes when they're easter eggs, like the one at the end of the first films, but if they're essentially continuing the story after the film has finished, then I have to wonder if there are serious issues with the main story.

And it was originally supposed to be six post-credits scenes - Nathan Fillion filmed one where he played Wonder Man before he got his powers; from descriptions of the scene, he was an actor who had played Iron Man in films within the MCU. Apparently James Gunn cut the scene because he wants to use Fillion and/or Wonder Man in Volume 3.
Three scenes actually set up for future movies. Two are just fun.

I liked the High Priestess as well. She just look beat, defeated. So much for the "holier than thou" she displayed.

Just like the comics, so many stories to tell for years.
The High Priestess of the Sovereigns is Ayesha... That's the Ayesha that's essentially Warlock's little sister due to being a younger and eventually female clone...

As for Yondu... Sly plays Stakar/Starhawk. There could be some time travel or reincarnation shenans as a result.

Back