Guess that Car (GT PSP cars only, NO GT5)

• Thread starter Petrolhead1
  • 4,729 comments
Nissan GTR Calsonic R32? Chaparral 2J?

These cars were banned from racing because they were faster than their rivals and caused problems. ;)

The 2J, like the 2D, lead to a change in rules.

The 2D brought in the rule of stationary rear wings, which F1's DRM was subject to, as the driver controlled a lever/pedal to operate it, giving it an areo advantage, though the automatic transmission required for such a system was usually the failing point.

The 2J brought another change that hasn't really been pursued again. Along with the V8 running the car, there were two snowmobile engines that pulled the air out from underneath the car, the opposide of a hovercraft. This allowed...I'm not sure what, but it was banned rather quickly.

tankuroded
2J is the car I meant. Might I need to be more specific next time. Your turn! :D

I'm on a roll! Boo-yeah! :D

Sorry I couldn't give a full description though, I was busy.

BKGlover
The 2J brought another change that hasn't really been pursued again. Along with the V8 running the car, there were two snowmobile engines that pulled the air out from underneath the car, the opposide of a hovercraft. This allowed...I'm not sure what, but it was banned rather quickly.

Also the 2J was a track hazard as well. During the Can-Am series of the 70's, the car's additional engines with the fans had the best technology of those days. The fan sweeps the air under the car to pull the car to the road, similar to the Bathram F1 cars and in the 21st Century with the X1 (Even though it is in GT5, the car shell and frame exists though.)

The car's fans blew dust and rocks unto rival cars on the tracks where it can be dusty and with rocks around. Since the cars were open top wheelers, the 2J was a science car that could be a problem to the other drivers and cause accidents when driving. That's why the 2J was banned, and after legendary Bruce McLaren,s death when testing a MP2 (forgot the car's name, it was a Can-Am car, correct me if I'm wrong.) and another tragic accident with the Toyota 7 (which was entering this race series) the Can-Am series died off.

On topic:

I was the first of everything. :sly:

Mini Cooper?

Had they been in the game I would've guessed the Daimler Carriage thingy, for obvious reasons :sly:

Also the 2J was a track hazard as well. During the Can-Am series of the 70's, the car's additional engines with the fans had the best technology of those days. The fan sweeps the air under the car to pull the car to the road, similar to the Bathram F1 cars and in the 21st Century with the X1 (Even though it is in GT5, the car shell and frame exists though.)

The car's fans blew dust and rocks unto rival cars on the tracks where it can be dusty and with rocks around. Since the cars were open top wheelers, the 2J was a science car that could be a problem to the other drivers and cause accidents when driving. That's why the 2J was banned, and after legendary Bruce McLaren,s death when testing a MP2 (forgot the car's name, it was a Can-Am car, correct me if I'm wrong.) and another tragic accident with the Toyota 7 (which was entering this race series) the Can-Am series died off.

You mean the Brabham BT46B and McLaren M20, respectively. Don't forget Ridge Racer Type 4's Lizard Tamer, it's a fan car too in that game. ;)

On topic:

I was the first of everything. :sly:

Silvia CSP311? ;)

tankuroded
You mean the Brabham BT46B and McLaren M20, respectively. Don't forget Ridge Racer Type 4's Lizard Tamer, it's a fan car too in that game. ;)

Silvia CSP311? ;)

Thanks for the clarifications dude. 👍 And that's new info about the Lizard Tamer to me, always learn something new. :)

And No to all cars. ;)

rallymorten
Audi Quattro?

Correct!

The Audi Quattro had achieved many things when it came out in the 80's.

It was one of the first successful All-Wheel Drive known as the Quattro, a highly advanced and technical system that permanently keeps the car stable and if it get hairy, the ECU and the Quattro system detects the slipping wheels and transmits some of the power to the front wheels, making the car gain control from a slight move of the steering wheel.

This was praised around the world and many manufactures made their AWD systems for competition. The other well-known systems are the Porsche's PSK (if that's the name), Nissan's ATTESTA, Subaru's DCCD and Mitsubishi AYC to name a few.

The Quattro Audi also started a new trend in the WRC with AWD back in the 80's, especially in the Group B series with their unbeatable Audi Quattro S1/2 made everyone switch to AWD to take down the monster. The 205/206, Delta S4 and the RS200 and the late 959. After the 80's, AWD has seen a great time in rally racing around the world.

And showing that Audi is always doing new innovations and ideas for their cars from the race cars that they built for serious competition to the road cars, and being dominant in racing, but loves to see what their rivals can do in racing.

I hope that they make that S1 Quattro Concept and bring her back soon.

Your turn again Rally.

"I see what you did there, PD. In the dealership, our color choices are arranged so well it forms flags of different countries!"

Hint: There are two cars in question. ;)

Hmmm... Interesting one.. Ford GT? I know the Red w White stripes are basically the same recipe as the Danish flag but I doubt this is the right one

Back