Guess that Car (GT PSP cars only, NO GT5)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crispy_Duck
  • 4,729 comments
  • 203,710 views
Nope, I dunno how many more hints I can give before it gets too easy, lol.
"I was the fastest car around, until that other Brit showed up....."
 
Honda NSX maybe?
 
Jaguar XJ220?

YES!!!

"I'm big, I'm fast........but not as fast as you might think."

Face it, this car is a yacht!! The name suggests it's goal for speed, 220mph, but in reality, it only hit 217mph (and that was with modifications)

"Though I share a prefix with some cars by the same manufacturer, I really have absolutely nothing to do with them"

We have the XJ13, which is the car in GT5, and the XJ220 has nothing to do with the XJ13.

"I was the fastest car around, until that other Brit showed up....."

Even thought it missed it's goal of 220mph, it was still the fastest production car in 1992. It held that position until the other Brit (the McLaren F1) came along in 1994, and not only beat the XJ220, it stomped it's record, setting the new bar at 231mph (242.95mph with the rev limiter removed).

Good job VspecZR1GT2RS89, your turn!
 
Bo-yeah!!! :D

Ok here's my riddle:

I'm a powerful, yet a unique racecar that won a world famous race series. Praised because I was different from all the rest.
 
VspecZR1GT2RS89
Bo-yeah!!! :D

Ok here's my riddle:

I'm a powerful, yet a unique racecar that won a world famous race series. Praised because I was different from all the rest.

At first I thought Peugeot 908 because it back then was the only closed-cockpit LMP, but I'll guess Ford GT40
 
I was thinking the 787B as well, but it's not in GTPSP
 
rallymorten
Mazda 787B?

YES!!!! The answer is the 787B. :D


VspecZR1GT2RS89
I'm a powerful, yet a unique racecar that won a world famous race series. Praised because I was different from all the rest.

The 787B is the most powerful and unique car( rotray engine R26B.) It won the world's most famous LeMans 24hrs in 1991.

The car was praised by many, because the rotray engine was put under heavy stress by the endurance race. Though the other Group Cs TT V8 engines were better, but they had more faults and retires that the 787B. With careful and stragetic planning, Mazda took the car to being the first Japanese car and car with a oddball engine that survived a grueling race.

Your turn. :)
 
YES!!!! The answer is the 787B. :D




The 787B is the most powerful and unique car( rotray engine R26B.) It won the world's most famous LeMans 24hrs in 1991.

The car was praised by many, because the rotray engine was put under heavy stress by the endurance race. Though the other Group Cs TT V8 engines were better, but they had more faults and retires that the 787B. With careful and stragetic planning, Mazda took the car to being the first Japanese car and car with a oddball engine that survived a grueling race.

Your turn. :)

The "being a unique" and "winning a world famous race" gave me thought.. The Mazda is the only rotary powered winner at Le Mans

Here's mine, can be very easy or very hard depending on method

"The legend lives"
 
There are 2 cars fitting on the description, but guess 1 and I'm satisfied
 
Antares26
Ford GT40?
Corvette Z06?

One of them are right.. Seeing it was too easy, I want to see both now :) you up for that?
 
You could drop another hint if you want to have two cars guessed, but I'll try this one for now.
Corvette Z06?
BMW M3 GTR?
 
The cars are almost brothers, and share many qualities
 
How about this one...
Corvette Z06?
Dodge Viper GTS?
 
Back