Guess The Band! (REAL PICS)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,463 comments
  • 56,616 views
Collective Soul?
 
correct

"ooooh. heaven let your light shine down..."

I enjoyed their 'discipline breakdown' album.
 
Alright, whoever doesn't get this band, needs to be put to death

 
devo!

devo's cover of 'head like a hole' is sweeet!
 
sorry, that's an old pic. They 'grew up' a little and looked like this.

 
what happened? the used up all the hairspray of Japan? :lol:

So anyway, new band:

 
Hint #1: They're from Seattle and they're not grunge
 
green apple quick step

How did you know?

Actually, I was just kidding. Not even close.

Hint #2: The band was formed in 1998 and is still running. The albums usually focus on bass guitar and the style is instrumental, ambiental rock. The band's members are in constant rotation, but the only ones who remain are always the bassist and the guitarist.

Another pic of them:

 
Why didn't I see this before.... It's Modest Mouse, isn't it?
 
Why didn't I see this before.... It's Modest Mouse, isn't it?

ummm... nope

hint #3: They are currently on tour in Arkansas and Louisiana :indiff:

The band has also been featured on a split 7" with Toboggan, and soundtracks for short films Stateless (2002) and For Jonathan (2004).

They have exchanged musicians with the bands Eso-Charis, Lovedrug and Snailhuntr.

Their first album (an EP actually, clocking in at 13:03 minutes) was called Firecracker. Their latest album is The White Ox (2006). And their music label is called Burnt Toast Vinyl.
 
Why didn't I see this before.... It's Unwed Sailor, isn't it?

Okay, my turn!
 
Whitch band is it?
 

Attachments

  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 14
Whitch band is it?
Looks like Bon Jovi, but you have to wait for your turn, Michael. Only the last winner can post the new band. Rest of the rules are in the very first post of this thread. :)

Edit: Thanks 03R1, you beat me to it!

Michael, click on this for the rules.
 
is the kid wearing glasses Rudy?

Guess: The Decemberists?
 
ЯebЯum!;2535173
is the kid wearing glasses Rudy?

Guess: The Decemberists?
Who the heck's Rudy? :confused:

It is the Decemberists, from Portland, Oregon! :) 👍
 
Who the heck's Rudy? :confused:

You know, Rudy... from that movie... ah heck, I'll look for a link later.

For now,

 
You have to guess correctly the current band that a6m5 posted before you get a turn to post a band.

Sorry!!! I must read the rules. Sorry everyone!!!
 
Sorry!!! I must read the rules. Sorry everyone!!!
No sweat, we are glad you could join us. That first post I told you about not only have all the rules, but the thread starter Ozzy, he also keeps the leaderboard. Good luck!
 
No sweat, we are glad you could join us. That first post I told you about not only have all the rules, but the thread starter Ozzy, he also keeps the leaderboard. Good luck!

:)ok thanks.
 
It seems you do indeed.

Let's see, they're an Avante Garde Metal band, from Boston. The music they play contains elements from prog metal, indie rock, doom metal and new age. They released four albums before disbanding in 2003. The fourth album however, was released under a different name, since by that time most of the members had left and the remainder named the band differently.
 
Maudlin Of The Well 💡
 
👍

guessss3.jpg


Not a big clue, but the woman is the singer and she has one of the most amazing voices - although it took me a long time to realise that she was singing in English :odd:
 
Back