[GUIDE] Historic Racing Car Cup

Struggled with this one until I got the B-spec Like the Wind Toyota 7. Walked the competition with that car...wasn't even close. Frustration for nothing...get the Toyota 7 in B-spec..then mop up in both A-spec and B-spec challenges.

Finally i won this race today!!

Did it with a Countach, had to block the toyota 7 for 4 laps, what a race, maybe one of my best races on GT5.

I have problems in it with B-Spec, can't beat the Cote d'Azur (or something).
Any car suggestion? If it's one of those 20 mil cars I need, I'd appreciate borrowing. :D

EDIT: This was a piece of cake for me in A-Spec, but I don't remember anymore what car I used.

EDIT2: None of the cars you get from prizes (Toyota 7, some Lambo, etc.) haven't worked.

Btw, I'm not really after the price car from that competition, I want the gift car ticket level whatever (this is last race I haven't won in B-Spec Expert).

Last edited:
Use the Toyota 7 which I think you win in the "like the wind" race. Look at the many tuning threads for this car and tune it up. Then there are two turns you will need to tell your driver to pace down on or else they will hit the rail. The first is after the tunnel. Tell him to pace down right before you enter and the second is the last turn before the finish line. Have him pace down right before he enters that area. Everywhere else tell him to pace up. Also if your driver is in a good mood it helps alot ( blue arrow pointing up ). Hope this helps.

Use the Toyota 7 which I think you win in the "like the wind" race. Look at the many tuning threads for this car and tune it up. Then there are two turns you will need to tell your driver to pace down on or else they will hit the rail. The first is after the tunnel. Tell him to pace down right before you enter and the second is the last turn before the finish line. Have him pace down right before he enters that area. Everywhere else tell him to pace up. Also if your driver is in a good mood it helps alot ( blue arrow pointing up ). Hope this helps.

Gotta try it. :P Thanks.

I agree that the prize car is extremely disappointing. Both races are very easy with an upgraded Chaparral 2J Race Car '70 and Toyota 7 Race Car '70 and they're not too difficult with a Ford Mark IV Race Car '67, Ford GT40 Race Car '69, Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66 and Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67. I'll try it again with a Chaparral 2D when I get it later. I wouldn't give Bob anything but a 2J or Toyota 7 (2J is probably the better choice especially for the second race).

Oh yeah. Don't panic if you don't have the lead for the majority of the race. You should take over first within the last two laps. Also if you can have the chapparal j ( prolly spelled that wrong ) car starting behind you it's alot easier cause that car will just take off if it's starting in front of you and you won't catch it. Just keep respamming the race till you see that car starting behind you.

^ That reminds me - in B-Spec don't panic if you see that you're still in 2nd place in lap 7 or 8. This is normal even if your Bob is driving a 2J or Toyota 7. He will take 1st eventually if you're supporting him. The problem is he always hits a wall on a certain turn. What a dumbass.

what you do for the long way is win nr-a roadster B-spec and win a furai concept. use that to win gran turismo world champ B-spec and win a zonda. use the zonda to win like the wind B-spec and win a toyota 7 race car. and use the 7 to win it.

I'm on my second playthrough of this game, I recently beat this event in A-Spec rather easily with an XJ13 won from the Indy 500 race, on RH/RH tires and no mods. It's a bit too easy imo with the Jag which is a sublime car.

"The Lambo is back heavy" (From that longggg post on the first page) use the ballast, I do and even with sports hard I can make the car turn without sliding everywere.

After reading all the 37 pages of people having difficulty with these two races, I was extremely hesistant to try these. I kept looking for the corvette in the used car section without any luck. Then I finally tried it with my 70 Challenger. I crushed it! Trial mountain wasn't even close. The only time I saw the Toyota 7 in the mirror was right before crossing the finish line. Côte d’Azur on the other hand was certainly more nerve racking. But it wasn't the Toyota 7 that had me worried, but the Corvette! Both races came in 1st on first try.

Done both races in a 512BB! HHEHE!! Fun thing! The Ferrari likes to wag its tail under braking in corners! :D

After numerous attempts with premium cars including the RM Camaro, the '67 Ferrari, the '66 Jag, and a hodgepodge of non-RM cars that fit the requirements, I finally won Monaco with the standard car, the Toyota 7. I had the lead by the middle of lap 2 and that was it. Don't crash into the wall in the two spots we all know well, and it was a walk...

^ That reminds me - in B-Spec don't panic if you see that you're still in 2nd place in lap 7 or 8. This is normal even if your Bob is driving a 2J or Toyota 7. He will take 1st eventually if you're supporting him. The problem is he always hits a wall on a certain turn. What a dumbass.

After you get to second slow Bob down and let the 2J stretch out a bit of a lead. When he has about a 10 second lead start giving pace up commands. Bob will start reeling him in pretty easy. By the time you get to him Bob will be running in the "zone" just at the bottom of the red. The 2J will be ice cold and you'll blow by him easy.

s2k2k3
After you get to second slow Bob down and let the 2J stretch out a bit of a lead. When he has about a 10 second lead start giving pace up commands. Bob will start reeling him in pretty easy. By the time you get to him Bob will be running in the "zone" just at the bottom of the red. The 2J will be ice cold and you'll blow by him easy.

That is really good advice. That worked for me when I did it but mine was an accidental race tactic. Bob was too slow until I gave him the hurry up. Then 'the fridge' was left behind in Bob's suitable dust.

Of course the moral of this story is that the car you need or can afford is never in the UCD when you want it. Earlier on I passed on the 63 racing Corvette for 744k to save $$ for a LM car, not realizing how tuff this race was without the right car and I couldn't afford the 2J early on when it showed up, now neither has come back up. Now the question is do I buy the Toyota 7 for 4.3 million that just came up on my UCD or do I wait for my Bob to level out and win it on Like the Wind....

not sure if this has been said.
do all b-spec races right up until u finnish like the wind race
u should win a Toyota 7 Race Car '70
u should still a have all the car for the b-spec race
and u make money why u do f all

Hi peeps, I'm having troubles with this damn cup, like nethereal i wanted to try something that doesn't require precise actions (as i'm not that good) i tried what morsolo said with the lambo, i also tried the charger RM and finally the shelby, i've gotten further with the shelby but after sliding off the track i seem to have no chance of catching up with the pack, i've tried with assists both on and off and off seems to be better round the corners but not so with the braking, it is really starting to pi** me off now as i tried months ago and stopped playing it (thanks to cod,moh,hf) but thought i'd give it another bash, does anyone else have any other vehicles that they have won with slight ease that will do the job (ive spent 1m so far on upgrading the cars ive used and buying them etc) so not looking for the 15m cars unless that is my only other option.

How good are the Lancia Stratos Rally Car and the Alfa TZ2.

The Lancia Stratos is great on rally tracks, of course, and the Giulia TZ2 is not the fastest race car in the game (240 km/h), but It's fun to drive and the handling is a beauty.

I just tried a '70 charger R/T with RM. Took the build off of this page: http://www.gt5-tuning.com/index.php?title=Dodge_Challenger_R/T_RM_'70 and then dropped the trans to 174 top speed. the toyota was slowed in the beginning by the ferrari and i ended up passing him in the first turn of the second lap. didnt see him again until after the tunnel on the back straight, just stayed on the racing line to block and after i passed the last corner he was about 5 car legnths back. hope this helps everyone...

I finally got Toyota 7 today, so I'd figured I'd give this a try again. I added racing soft tires, mediums for Bob and the high RPM turbo along with adjusting the brakes to front 10 rear 3 to counter the slight oversteer, then changed the oil getting the HP up to 925.
I won Trial Mountain easily by 12 seconds. Bob also won this race easily, I had him leading after one lap then just had to watch his pace.
Cote' de Azur is more work, I first tried to get the most favorable positioning for the FJ2 then was able to get in first by late breaking at the chicane, then just had to drive smart. Bob took a lot of hand holding I had work him up from 9th, being careful with orders when he was in traffic, then pushing him to pace up and overtake. He won the hard way, he was 3rd at lap 7 then he had to chase down two FJ2's close the gap and finally pass them one at a time in lap 8 to win.
I have hand to Bob, that was a great finish, I had to save the replay.

I am desperatley struggling with the historic cr cup, in the expert series. I have a tuned e-type jag that is hopeless, so I don't know what else to buy that would give me a chance of winning. Any suggestions?

I had to trade a 2D to win it back in the day. Now though on my other account i'm stuck, have a look at B spec prize cars which may work.

Back