[GUIDE] Historic Racing Car Cup

I paced-up my even-tempered Bob and his Toyota 7 constantly for this race. Came 2nd on the 1st try and 1st on the 2nd.

It's worth mentioning that I waited until after winning the Toyota in B-Spec "Like the Wind" before attempting the Historic events, so he may have been at a higher level than most.

I managed it in the Buick, but I highly recommend you don't try!

Monaco wasn't too much trouble, the amount of turns kept the 2J and 7 at bay.

Deep Forest was a nightmare :nervous: . It took me at least 50 restarts, and luck to get a field where the 2J and 7 start far enough back down the field.

Anyone else crazy enough to do it in the Buick like me? :sly:

The Challenger RM is capable of winning at Monaco with a 2J starting in 3rd. Plus the race is A LOT OF FUN in that car.

I did it with ease with a Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67. just keep little throttle while in turns and the toyota wont have a chance. I won by 7 car lengths

Fully tuned and RM'd Challenger R/T:tup:

^This is what got me a 1st place finish. And in the grand scheme of things, it's quite inexpensive. I tried to beat this with the Lambo Countach '74 and I couldn't finish better than 3rd in about 15 attempts. Then I bought the Dodge Challenger R/T '70, and wow what a difference.

This car rocks and I definitely recommend it, though don't be expecting to blow the competition away. Take it straight to the shop and race mod it. Then it's time to tune it up. Dump in as much money as it takes to buy everything that the race mod didn't already get, because you're going to need every bit of power you can find. Also, I bought the racing soft tires.

The other thing you'll need to tweak is the transmission. It's default is still set from the pre-RM and it will top out at 100 MPH, so set that up to the 162 MPH marker. Going higher will only have a negative effect seeing as you can't really go faster than that on the straightaway.

Lastly, learn the track well. I beat it on about the 10th attempt and only by 0.416 seconds. Good luck!

1. If you want to have a competition:
1.A.-Spec Ferrari 330 P4, Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13 Race Car,
1.B-Spec The same as above (Nobody wants a competitive B-spec race, right?)

2. Just want to win it:
2.A-spec Toyota 7 or Chaparral 2J
2.B-spec Chaparral 2J

If budget is 1 million, try AC 427 Cobra fully modified.

Came 2nd with the cobra after many tries , it is too difficult to control when tuned , also tunning it ruins it i think (i bought a another one) and now i'm sharing the tuned one ,if u like to use it , send me a friends request . (highly tuned,more than 750 bhp) , done it with the stock xj13 , toyota 7 is ok too , but if u own the jaguar xj13 u can use that (u may want to adjust the transmission for some races. U can win both of these cars from some a-spec races , indy something for the jag .

Came 2nd with the cobra after many tries , it is too difficult to control when tuned , also tunning it ruins it i think (i bought a another one) and now i'm sharing the tuned one ,if u like to use it , send me a friends request . (highly tuned,more than 750 bhp) , done it with the stock xj13 , toyota 7 is ok too , but if u own the jaguar xj13 u can use that (u may want to adjust the transmission for some races. U can win both of these cars from some a-spec races , indy something for the jag .

You win Jaguar XJ13 from the Indy 500 endurance.

I've used the Dodge Challenger R/T Racing Mod and it's a pretty good (and most importantly, cheap) alternative for this cup...provided you don't screw up. At all. Haven't tried Monaco yet but on Deep Forest your best form of offense is late and very minimal braking on the last corner. Carry lots of exit speed and gear it to have a top speed of about 265km/h and you'll be able to pull a 1sec. advantage at a minimum over the competition, this was against a 2J that started off in 2nd place.

I used the Toyota 7 RC
Set the transmission down to 190MPH, High Turbo (has lower PP but it worked better for me)
put the LSD to the lowest values
Added 2.5 and 2 on the camber front and rear
Full downforce

It overtook everything and was 1st by the start of the second lap in Deep Forest Raceway and it won by miles.
It was also 1st and stayed first from the 3rd lap of the Monaco track, the 2J kept up with it all the way through that race, but it never came close to even having a position to overtake my car though. :)

Aborted the Challenger. It's useless on Monaco if the 2J's anywhere near the front of the grid.

Going to try the XJ13 Race Car that I just won.

Won with the Mark IV on Deep Forest to get the classics(??) trophy. Had previously golded it with a borrowed 2J. The win with the 2J was easy. The Mark IV took a couple attempts to get a favorable grid (the 2J starting 5th or 6th and the Toyota 7 well behind). But even with that I still had to drive balls-to-the-wall and very defensively relative to the Toyota. The Toyota has much more straight-line speed and better pick-up, so if you get a bad corner exit onto either of the straights, on any one of the five laps, you're going to lose. Pretty much had to power-slide the final turn at 100+ and take a wide line through the one that features the rock wall so I could get a late apex. All in all a pretty nerve-wracking race because any single mistake would lose it.

I did this along time ago i can't remember what car i used but it won too easily, So i just tried it on my wifes account with a Jensen Interceptor MK III '74 fully upgraded and at 700 bph (worn in through other races) and using .. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5460537#post5460537 ... tweaked alittle to suit my driving and i have to say it is like making your own "Vettel" challenged 5 laps with no mistakes needed to win. Plus you need the Corvette Z06 Race car to be in pole position and take 3rd place at the first bend.I won by 0.126 of a second. I also tried the E-Type Jaguar but can only place 3rd with that. It is a fun race if you use an "Underdog car".

duchesne_813
Does anyone have a car that can win the historic car cup in the expert category? if so, would you be willing to let me borrow the car (i will return it) or tell me what car you used in the process. I am having a hard time getting a car in my budget to even keep up with these guys. Budget: about $1 million.

Yes i have one but its hard to win with it its a lamborghini contach tuned
Ill share if you like

I call ********. The Countach is just NOT fast enough and it turns like a goddamn tank. I think the game insists on waiting for you to get one of those exorbitantly expensive vintage race cars. Unless you're an incredible, amazing, never-makes-a-mistake driver, which, let's face it, most of us are good but not nearly good enough to beat the odds. Particularly on Deep Forest where a lot of it is an old fashioned foot race for race cars. The Countach doesn't cut it.

I call ********. The Countach is just NOT fast enough and it turns like a goddamn tank. I think the game insists on waiting for you to get one of those exorbitantly expensive vintage race cars. Unless you're an incredible, amazing, never-makes-a-mistake driver, which, let's face it, most of us are good but not nearly good enough to beat the odds. Particularly on Deep Forest where a lot of it is an old fashioned foot race for race cars. The Countach doesn't cut it.

Wow, this thread has become huge! :)

I'd like to first say, it's obviously not bull, as I did it in the Countach, as did many other members. (and I wrote the guide here)

Yes, it turns like a tank, which is why you're supposed to use the good ol' "slow in, fast out" method, except, it's more like "extremely slow in, pointing straight out".

Make sure you slow down a lot and have the car pointing straight out of the corner as fast as possible, then punch it.

I would say I'm a good driver in GT, but by no means the best, merely someone with good experience. In addition, I'm using the controller, not a wheel.

I suppose with all the new updates and such, it's easier to just borrow a car. But I think that destroys the fun.

The Historic Racing Cup was easily one of my most favourite events in GT5, simply because of how nerve racking it was to do with the Countach. I recently bought an XBox with Forza and still no races in Forza have come close to the Historic Cup.

Morsolo
Wow, this thread has become huge! :)

I'd like to first say, it's obviously not bull, as I did it in the Countach, as did many other members. (and I wrote the guide here)

Yes, it turns like a tank, which is why you're supposed to use the good ol' "slow in, fast out" method, except, it's more like "extremely slow in, pointing straight out".

Make sure you slow down a lot and have the car pointing straight out of the corner as fast as possible, then punch it.

I would say I'm a good driver in GT, but by no means the best, merely someone with good experience. In addition, I'm using the controller, not a wheel.

I suppose with all the new updates and such, it's easier to just borrow a car. But I think that destroys the fun.

The Historic Racing Cup was easily one of my most favourite events in GT5, simply because of how nerve racking it was to do with the Countach. I recently bought an XBox with Forza and still no races in Forza have come close to the Historic Cup.

I have the right tune it handles like a lotus elise it can dive into the corners early and keep up with the 2J

I have done it with the Countach and the Camaro. Its not easy and you have to make some big passes but it is doable.

I have tried most olden cars in this event and despite the tuning they cant win.so try using the Jaguar XJ13 race car that you win from the indy 500 it works well but driving is slightly slipery

1. If you want to have a competition:
1.A.-Spec Ferrari 330 P4, Mark IV Race Car, Jaguar XJ13 Race Car,
1.B-Spec The same as above (Nobody wants a competitive B-spec race, right?)

2. Just want to win it:
2.A-spec Toyota 7 or Chaparral 2J
2.B-spec Chaparral 2J

If budget is 1 million, try AC 427 Cobra fully modified.

Toyota 7 Race Car you win it by beating like the win in bspec
HP= 930

TIRES
Bspec- racing medium
Asep- racing soft

Downforce: F:60 R:85
Turbo: High RPM Range Turbo Kit (Stage3)
LSD: IT=30 , AS= 55 , BS=30
Transmission: 217mph top speed
Suspension:
Ride height= -20/-15
Spring Rate= 145.5/16.2
Dampers ext= 9/9
Dampers Comp= 8/8
Anti Roll Bars= 5/4
Camber: F= 2.4, R= 2.2
Toe: F= -0.17 / R= 0.15
Brakes: F=7 / R=6

With this in bspec my driver lapped the last car and won cote by 9secs.

Hope this helps
RMPLSTLXN

Sooo........

Now that there is a 0-mile Chapparal 2J for 7 million in the OCD (as of this post), I'm curious to know as to whether or not it is faster than a Toyota 7 in the Historic B-spec Monaco race.

And I guess we should also be thinking about the best 2J setups for B-spec here, too?

I think I managed 'Forest in the Lambo, but I had to use a T7 at Cote.

Even that wasn't easy, I couldn't get near the 2J, 'til I did some "rearranging" right off the start. The T7 gives new meaning to the term "Flying wedge"!! :sly:

In Bspec, 'Forest was easy enough, but my best Bob (Just got him to level 23) still can't touch the 2J at Cote. I got the bigger turbo for him, but you know he's an utter retard at passing! :dunce: I doubt I'll have the 2.5 mil to straighten the frame of the T7, anytime soon, so I'll keep upping his level 'til he can win it.

I used a fully modded Shelby Cobra 427 with racing tires and about 800+ bhp, just to win at Deep Forest. The tactic was to keep to the racing line, and avoid being overtaken by the Toyota 7 and the Chapparal 2J. :crazy:

If anyone is going to take my advice, make sure the Toyota and the 2J start 4th or lower. A fully modded Cobra can leap into the lead coming out of the first corner.

Back