[GUIDE] Historic Racing Car Cup

I used a fully modded Shelby Cobra 427 with racing tires and about 800+ bhp, just to win at Deep Forest. The tactic was to keep to the racing line, and avoid being overtaken by the Toyota 7 and the Chapparal 2J. :crazy:

If anyone is going to take my advice, make sure the Toyota and the 2J start 4th or lower. A fully modded Cobra can leap into the lead coming out of the first corner.

Can you post your car settings? I'm trying now with the Cobra and I can't find the right suspension and LSD balance especially for the first few corners.

I used a 63' Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car. They're cheaper in the USD than the Chapparels and Le Mans classics, but it's slightly rare. I was lucky to find one back when I did.

If this is too impossible for you i can borrow my T7, 330 P4 and XJ13. Just add juhna73 and say: I need help in the Historic cup. Or something like that.

trombone
I used a 63' Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car. They're cheaper in the USD than the Chapparels and Le Mans classics, but it's slightly rare. I was lucky to find one back when I did.

Good work! It's not easy to pull off that race in that car. I took the same route (took a while for that car to show up) and it wouldn't cut it with my skill level at the time.

what is the best set up for my toyota 7, my challenger, or my charger i cant seem to beat this on b spec NEED HELP

what is the best set up for my toyota 7, my challenger, or my charger i cant seem to beat this on b spec NEED HELP

Just won it on my 2nd acc, with a toyota 7 RM tyre no set up whatsoever, just keep yelling at bob FASTER FASTER
My Bob is level 36 FYI

If you want, you can send a FR to me and you can borrow my Chaparral 2J '70 if you like?

Good work! It's not easy to pull off that race in that car. I took the same route (took a while for that car to show up) and it wouldn't cut it with my skill level at the time.

Just managed the same thing. Deep Forest was OK (must have got a lucky grid - 2D was up front for the first 3.5 laps) but the 2J started in 2nd for Monaco and disappeared into the distance so restarted the race. 2J started 5th and got held up by the pole sitting Z06 (C2) and I managed to take them both before the tunnel on lap 1. Interestingly, the other C2 managed to hold second for the entire race.

Used race softs, LSD was 5/15/5 and rear ride height to -35. Otherwise stock.

:cheers:

The Toyota 7 works just fine for Deep Forest and the advice on the fully specced Lambo with ride height, gear ratio adjustment and wing was right on the money for Monaco. I won by 6 seconds - I think a 'Vette was holding everyone up behind me.

B-Spec, after three attempts in the Toyota we finally won on Deep Forest and think I will have to wait for a 2J for the Monte Carlo. The bob's just don't have a sense of urgency?

The old Corvette Z06 C2. But it's quite difficult to win with it, plus the car is hard to get.

The best option is the RM Camaro'69 since it's the cheapest. And it's not that hard to win with it with the correct tunning.

Monaco is hard, I have to admit, but I was lucky that at my second attempt, the Chaparral got stuck in the "bus stup" turn after the tunnel.

Last edited:
I managed to do this in the shelby cobra

Monaco is pretty easy because the Ai is too afraid to pass.

although for trial mountain i blocked my way to victory.

Then an hour later i won the toyota 7 and wanted to shoot myself 👍

A/C shelby Cobra, fully tuned will win it (On the 3rd try in my case).
Or a 2J, Ford MKIV, and I think a Ford GT40 can win it as well.

Ford MKIV. Treat it like a lady, and it will reward you as such.

You mean throwing it around the track? I presume that's not how you treat a lady

I did the race on SH's to be more period accurate on racing tires from the era.(and for a challenge)

Nobody is mentioning the Jaguar XJ13? One of the best cars in the game can win all the races in the historic cup. You can get the Jaguar by winning the Indy 500 A spec.

Comparatively speaking, the MKIV is a pleasure to drive. If you tune it right, even the vacuum cleaner gets to read your bumper stickers.

Toyota 7 is the best for this race.

Yes, this will walk it in A-spec. It is a great option as it is a prize car. I think you win it from like the wind B-spec (not sure though, it's been a while).
B-spec is a very different matter however. It took my lvl 40 bob ages to gold Monaco in a 2J.:scared:
The RM '69 Camaro will also win A-spec, thats a good low cost option. Good luck.👍

I first won Deep Valley using a maxed out Dodge Challenger. Second race is very hard to win with it unless you get the line up with the corvette up front.

I'm another who used the RM'd Challenger to win in A-spec (pretty sure anyways, was a long time ago) and B-spec was with the Toyota 7. All thanks to threads I read here on GTP. The Challenger is wide enough to prevent passing in a bunch of spots on Cote D'Azur if I remember correctly.

Have a good one

I did this with a '69 Z28 RM. Not as fast as the 7 and 2J but they are dumb. As long as you can get to the front before they get too much of a lead you are OK. It's of course easiest if you catch them before they get to the front. Go around the outside in the corners and they'll park which tends to drop them out of their power curve, producing amusing results.

EDIT: * I don't mean the cars are dumb... the bots are. ;)

Last edited:
Back