Guy opening his SE GT 5

  • Thread starter Thread starter klondike
  • 32 comments
  • 4,059 views
Gran LOCKismo 5 Closing Edition.
 
Thats the actual Game.co.uk store's official youtube channel...I dont want to watch it, i want to open my own one....cant resist...must...aaah...oooh...
Watching... also I bought this today from game as I traded in some old games and put the store credit on the gift card. Looks nice and shiny (excuse the nokia vga quality:yuck:). Sig edition here I come.

 
Have been waiting for a video of this!

I thought the coffee table art book would be the stand out piece in the set, but I have to say that the APEX book (that also comes with the CE) is even better!

Just the few pages you can see in this video look gorgeous and packed with info. Will definitely dig into this while GT5 is installing on my hard drive :D

SLS model also looks decent (although probably a little smaller than I imagined) and I think I'll actually use the wallet and keyring from this set on a regular basis. Usually I'd just put the box on display or in a cupboard and keep the contents new.

Hmmm, still on the fence about buying a second SE for collectors sake, I just wish it was $200 instead of $300 :irked:

Anyway the SE looks absolutely fantastic, and I can't wait to tear mine open next week!
 
Well, thanks to that video I can proudly announce that I've canceled my CE order and upgraded to SE - helped largely due to a nice tax rebate I just received ;)
 
I just noticed they lowered the price from £149 to £129 plus I have £27.50. Great now all I have to pay is £91 as £10 was put down as deposit back in...was it september this was announced, cant remember but £40 save is nice.
 
Tempting, the extra 6 Stealth cars would be nice too....
 
Cant wait to open mine. ROLL ON NEXT WEEK!
 
Very nice, but I'm happy with spending $60 and getting what's most important.
 
I have to be honest, after the last few special editions i've ordered (halo reach Legendary, FM3 LE etc) it's nice to see the likes of the wallet and the memory stcik however i have to say i've just ordered a ps3 slim with GT5 collectors edition, as while the extras are nice, they are either, cheaply made, or not very useful. If Game are any like they've been in recent time i'll be able to pick that up for about £90 in 2 weeks time....

looks good but the quality i suspect is a little off. Shame as alot of the time the extra if made well would be awesome.
 
It's very, very nice, no doubt about it. But it's obviously intended for the biggest hardcore GT fans, and while I love the game it's just not for me. But everyone has their stuff that they love and if that floats their boat, great. But there will also be many people who buy the CE and that stuff just collects dust after a few days.

Oh and videos like that confirm that the people who have been posting videos and pictures here from the beginning DO have the full, "retail" version of the game as the box in that video is the same as the others, a grey car instead of red. It's obviously just a different cover for overseas than it is in the US. Videos like that should put to the bed the whole "Is it really the final version?" questions.
 
It's very, very nice, no doubt about it. But it's obviously intended for the biggest hardcore GT fans, and while I love the game it's just not for me. But everyone has their stuff that they love and if that floats their boat, great. But there will also be many people who buy the CE and that stuff just collects dust after a few days.

Oh and videos like that confirm that the people who have been posting videos and pictures here from the beginning DO have the full, "retail" version of the game as the box in that video is the same as the others, a grey car instead of red. It's obviously just a different cover for overseas than it is in the US. Videos like that should put to the bed the whole "Is it really the final version?" questions.

Actually the standard edition has a red SLS AMG whereas I think the both the Collectors and Signature editions have a grey SLS AMG or just the signature edition I'm not 100% about the Collectors though :) Theres no way I'm watching this I'm keeping my SE a surprise :)
 
Ahhhh my GOD never been so excited about anything IN JUST OVER 5 DAYS ILL BE THE HAPPIEST MAN ALIVE
 
lucky one... oh god. oh god... when it will be my turn!
 
Oh and videos like that confirm that the people who have been posting videos and pictures here from the beginning DO have the full, "retail" version of the game as the box in that video is the same as the others, a grey car instead of red. It's obviously just a different cover for overseas than it is in the US. Videos like that should put to the bed the whole "Is it really the final version?" questions.
Nobody has really been questioning validity since the release date was formally announced.

Also, it's a greyscale cover because it's the Signature Edition. The Collectors Edition in Europe also has the greyscale cover, unlike the standard game which has the red SLS and colour logo.
 
I can see his happiness... Its cool to se people who share you´re same passion. Can´t wait to feel this way next week!
 
Looks like the Apex book is FULL of information. Awesome!
 
I really want one, but its not available in the states, If i were to acquire one, it would work perfectly online right?
 
Cool, but I really hope they release the stealth car pack for the rest of us.
 
Cool, but I really hope they release the stealth car pack for the rest of us.

This is exactly my predicament as well. I am not sure if it will be like they did with the collectors edition for GT psp ie the extra cars were online 3-4 months later.
 
I really want one, but its not available in the states, If i were to acquire one, it would work perfectly online right?

What we know is it will work online, we are not sure if its region locked though when it comes to DLC. Say some track or cars came out as dlc in the future that were not free but must be bought, you will need to make a EU/UK account and purchase it throught that playstation store and not the American one.

Hope that helps.
 
What we know is it will work online, we are not sure if its region locked though when it comes to DLC. Say some track or cars came out as dlc in the future that were not free but must be bought, you will need to make a EU/UK account and purchase it throught that playstation store and not the American one.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for answering my question. Seems like you are correct.


http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/ps3_regional_locking
 
Back