HaB-Racing (ONLINE only): LM/LMP to 450-600pp roadcars sports tyres - 2015 revisions COMING SOON

• Thread starter Highlandor
  • 745 comments
I have decided to use the '07 GTR for my 550pp race. Any advice setting up the suspension, trans and diff Andy? I am kinda lost on awd setups especially with the diff. Doesnt need to be a custom tune just need a starting point and ill fine tune it

Mclaren MP4-12C '10 - SPORTS soft - 597pp

Stock: engine, aero

Fully custom gearbox (but all stock)
Weigh reduction stage 3 = 1120kgs

Suspension:

95 / 115
8.64 / 10.92
10 / 2
4 / 2
3 / 3
0.0 / 0.0
0.00 / +0.20

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

wow bro... this is the worst tune I've ever seen posted EVER... you've made the MPC into the Veyron... I guess we gotta congratulate you!!!

wow bro... this is the worst tune I've ever seen posted EVER... you've made the MPC into the Veyron... I guess we gotta congratulate you!!!

You're noticing understeer, which is exactly how the 12C has always handled. The Veyron also has issues with understeer.

Perhaps, before you go about slamming the tune, you might spend more time with breaking conservatively leading into corners in the 12C while exhibiting more refined throttle control while cornering. In other words, it's the driver not the tune, in this case.

For the record, @Highlandor, I think the tune is fairly solid (I've brought the down the front compression just a little for my taste, however). I've been lapping Spa consistently at around 2:24 which is a second off the official McLaren 12C lap time for the course and on the Nurburgring Nordschleife I'm coming in around 6:56 which, of course, is well ahead of the impressive real world 7:28 set by von Saurma. In other words, the tune is delivering expected results, so thanks for another solid tune.

We appreciate all the hard work and effort!

I have decided to use the '07 GTR for my 550pp race. Any advice setting up the suspension, trans and diff Andy? I am kinda lost on awd setups especially with the diff. Doesnt need to be a custom tune just need a starting point and ill fine tune it

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - Whitey, you always drove such cool cars in GT5, don't be tempted by the ".........darkside........"... !!!!

I've started / done a GTR setup with Filip so have a rough idea of where to start.

I might have something else which could be a Whitey special... Different, patriotic and also good on it's tyres, fast and easy to drive :)

You're noticing understeer, which is exactly how the 12C has always handled. The Veyron also has issues with understeer.

Perhaps, before you go about slamming the tune, you might spend more time with breaking conservatively leading into corners in the 12C while exhibiting more refined throttle control while cornering. In other words, it's the driver not the tune, in this case.

For the record, @Highlandor, I think the tune is fairly solid (I've brought the down the front compression just a little for my taste, however). I've been lapping Spa consistently at around 2:24 which is a second off the official McLaren 12C lap time for the course and on the Nurburgring Nordschleife I'm coming in around 6:56 which, of course, is well ahead of the impressive real world 7:28 set by von Saurma. In other words, the tune is delivering expected results, so thanks for another solid tune.

Thank you, it's ok, to be honest after everything that has happened (all the antagonistic comments/actions) on this sub-forum the biggest surprise is that it's taken this long for someone to write something like that...(!!)

"He" has quoted a setup that hasn't been revised (no V1.2 / V2.0) - how convenient.
Notice he has never posted a like or a positive comment before..?
"He" hasnt bothered saying what track, online/offline, or in fact, any details about 'where' he used the setup (most likely Mariokart or Ridgeracer) or any details about his wheel/pad or driving style (how convenient) - so what has he got to hide..?
The OP clearly stated setups will not suit everyone.
It's taken a while to get used to the MR setups, and sports soft tuning, so it wasn't one of the better ones..

After running a website/series for nearly 3 years and dealing with numerous trolls and troublemakers, being threatened with everything from lawsuits to getting my head kicked in, this is just (as we say over here) "...water off a duck's back.." ...

Hopefully, I'll be able to finish off the revisions this weekend and bring most setups up to V1.2/V2.0 specs 👍

Many thanks for all your support, as always, much appreciated :D

Yeah I know it's a "safe" pick, but each time I try to pick a unique car, I get ridiculed for picking a stupid car and then I get obliterated on track. I already know that some people are using the lfa, m3 gtr and even an xbow. I'm sure I'll see a miura or gtr black edition too. I just want to have a chance. Also, there are some crazy fast drivers who lap 2-4 seconds faster than me in spec races so I need a boost. If you have a solid tune for something a little different, mustang boss perhaps, I'm all ears

Yeah I know it's a "safe" pick, but each time I try to pick a unique car, I get ridiculed for picking a stupid car and then I get obliterated on track. I already know that some people are using the lfa, m3 gtr and even an xbow. I'm sure I'll see a miura or gtr black edition too. I just want to have a chance. Also, there are some crazy fast drivers who lap 2-4 seconds faster than me in spec races so I need a boost. If you have a solid tune for something a little different, mustang boss perhaps, I'm all ears

Ok - no worries Whitey.. I'm in a test lobby at the mo, if you get a chance to escape the diapers feel free to pop in :D

There's plenty of options, should be fairly easy to sort you out a decent ride.... 👍

Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car - RACING hards - 587pp (V2.0)

High turbo

* * * ALWAYS read 1st post before trying setup * * *

Suspension:

85 / 85
8.34 / 11.96
4 / 3
2 / 1
5 / 5 (if car "snaps" into corner too much, reduce to '4', let tyres warm up first before deciding)
0.5 / 0.5
-0.15 / +0.02

Brakes:

5 / 5 (alternative, to above roll bar change, just reduce rear bake to 4 or 3)

LSD:

10 / 8
18 / 10
15 / 15

Fr/Rr torque split = 15 / 85

Aero:

Keep 200 difference between fr and rr i.e. 200 / 400

Last edited:
I work til 1pm cst which is 7pm gmt I believe. Ill try to get on as soon as I can when I get home. I was looking at the cadillac cts-v, vette c6 or boss but can't tune any of them to run close to the gtr

I work til 1pm cst which is 7pm gmt I believe. Ill try to get on as soon as I can when I get home. I was looking at the cadillac cts-v, vette c6 or boss but can't tune any of them to run close to the gtr

Trust me, you wont have to worry about tuning in GT6 again after you've come to the lobby.. had a bit of a eureka moment yesterday :sly:

Aslong as PD keep these physics, which I got a horrible sinking feeling wont happen.. :nervous:

@Highlandor Do you have any tutorials for the tranny trick? I noticed that on a few of your tunes you recommend it but I just don't know how to do it.

I wouldn't call it a tutorial, there's some other threads in this sub forum that will do a much better job of explaining than what I can. I hate the gearboxes on GT6, why oh why did PD use this system, another example of PD just not seemingly acceptance testing their product, it's awful.

So, I rarely use the 'tranny trick' in GT6, I normally just be lazy and change:

1st & 2nd gear - all way to left
6th gear - all way to right
Space 3/4/5th evenly between 2nd an 6th.

The tranny trick is something like this:

Fully custom gearbox - default settings
Change final gear (under individual ratio's) to max (all way to right)
Reduce "max speed" to minimum
Go back to final gear, and increase to top speed you want - you can also adjust ratio's as mentioned above.

This won't provide perfect ratio's. but to be honest, I never so this, it's so not user friendly. I just go for custom gearbox, change 1st & 2nd, then 6th, adjust others and then adjust for top speed. There's so many other variables that can impact laptime and race performance, I just try and keep it simple when it comes to the g'box..

Sorry I couldn't be much help on this..

MP4 and other 600pp roadcars have been revised today, I'd be interested to see what you think about the 'new' MP4.. It's on lower tyres (mediums) but the feel of it is much better, as are the others that've been dropped to mediums..

Nearly finished the revisions, finally....

BMW M5 '08 - SPORTS medium - 550pp (V2.1)

Stock: aero, gearbox

Engine -exhaust parts
Weight reduction stage 3 - 1391kgs

Suspension (SOFT):

130 / 130
6.28 / 7.95
2 / 1
3 / 2
6 / 7
0.3 / 0.7
-0.08 / +0.04

Suspension (HARD - grip/planted rear):

130 / 130
10.87 / 12.97
5 / 3
7 / 4
3 / 5
0.3 / 0.7
-0.10 / +0.05

Suspension (HARD - rear more loose):

130 / 130
10.77 / 17.29
5 / 6
7 / 7
3 / 3
0.5 / 0.5
-0.10 / +0.05

Racing brakes:

5 / 5 (for suspension HARD - grip/planted: use lower FR brakes)

LSD:

13 (lower = more lift off turn in/oversteer, higher = more lift of stability/understeer)

Last edited:
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - SPORTS hard - 550pp (V2.1)

Stock: aero

Engine - MID turbo, tuning parts
Weight reduction reduction stage 3 - 1054kgs
Fully custom transmission (stock ratios)

Triple plate clutch
Carbon prop

Suspension:

110 / 110
8.13 / 8.93
2 / 2
3 / 3
4 / 4
0.5 / 0.5
-0.15 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Last edited:
Alfa 8c Competizione '08 - SPORT medium - 550pp

Stock: aero

Engine - exhaust parts
Weight reduction stage 3 - 1283kgs
Fully custom gearbox - would recommend doing gearbox 'trick', 1st & 2nd gear longest, 6th shortest, evenly space out 3/4/5th between others

Suspension:

110 / 110
11.14 / 8.90
2 / 2
2 / 3
6 / 4
0.3 / 0.7
-0.10 / +0.05

Racing brakes:

4 / 5

LSD:

Last edited:
Do these setups work offline as well?

They're not designed to, these are more for online racing where things like tyre wear is more of a factor, if they work offline it's more luck than anything.

Some people have been using them offline and some tunes/cars seem to work ok, so if you want to try you're welcome but there's no guarantee's they'll work aswell as tunes made specifically for offline.

Driving style seems to be emerging as a big factor in setups on GT6, people with aggressive styles or abs off (which can turn a car in harder) seem to need a different setup than those who are smooth and 'gentle' with their steering inputs. What works for one style definately doesn't work for another, especially the dampers..

If you want to try some, by all means have a go, its always interesting to see what does/doesn't work & where 👍

Do these setups work offline as well?
I've been using a few of Highlandor's tunes offline, they work well. While they might not be pushing it to the edge for offline racing (since tyre wear etc. can be ignored) the tunes usuallly clear up under- and oversteer, which is most of the time all I need to win offline :)

Hi mr. H! We raced together quite a long time ago at a couple of "Varikkosuora vs. HaB" events. You must remember, eh!
I haven't had much time to tune in GT6 and actually I wouldn't call myself tuner at all, so as soon as I can re-setup my rig after the holidays, I will enter here!
This all look and sound very promising indeed!

Good good!

p.s. Actually, why couldn't I prepare few base cars of mine along your tunes? Better start now!
:cheers: finbaek

Last edited:
I've been using a few of Highlandor's tunes offline, they work well. While they might not be pushing it to the edge for offline racing (since tyre wear etc. can be ignored) the tunes usuallly clear up under- and oversteer, which is most of the time all I need to win offline :)

Hi Dragon..

Pleased to see the setups helping, didn't expect them to be OK offline... :D

Just being curious (nosey), which ones did you mainly use -road cars, race cars..?? I only used about 4 or 5 cars in career mode (I had the anniversary ones) and haven't raced there for a while ow, so can't remember much about what I did with the cars..

Thanks for using the setups 👍

Hi mr. H! We raced together quite a long time ago at a couple of "Varikkosuora vs. HaB" events. You must remember, eh!
I haven't had much time to tune in GT6 and actually I wouldn't call myself tuner at all, so as soon as I can re-setup my rig after the holidays, I will enter here!
This all look and sound very promising indeed!

Good good!

p.s. Actually, why couldn't I prepare few base cars of mine along your tunes? Better start now!
:cheers: finbaek

Hey Finbaek - cool, Jukkka has just been in the lobby :)

Yes, I remember the HaB / Varikkosoura races, they were very cool, especially as I finally managed to beat Temmo in race 2 (I think.. :rolleyes: )..

Hopefully we will get to do some more in GT6 too :D

Our season starts soon, so hopefully we'll see some of you guys on track soon.. 👍

It looks like your tunes do work offline. Took almost 4 and a half secs off of my spa time in the BMW Z4 GT3 car. Way more stable on exit and just higher cornering speeds in general

Really..?? Wow... didn't expect that ... :eek:

Many thanks for trying it and appreciate you letting me know 👍

:cheers:

Just tested the RX7 - the time improvement depends on the tune. The RX7 is pretty much the same speed as the stock version albeit easier to drive

Just tested the RX7 - the time improvement depends on the tune. The RX7 is pretty much the same speed as the stock version albeit easier to drive

Yeh, some cars will even be slower in certain situations. I know this sounds crazy, but the philosphy behind it is that the variables (that can affect setups - especially driver / driving styles) means it's better to start with this as it's easy to adapt.

These setups are for "worst case scenario" i.e. twisty/tightest circuits with 100% throttle and brake (like pad user using square & 'X' to brake / accelerate) - then it can be adapted for different styles / skill levels i.e. made more and more loose, depending on user preference..

Hi Dragon..

Pleased to see the setups helping, didn't expect them to be OK offline... :D

Just being curious (nosey), which ones did you mainly use -road cars, race cars..?? I only used about 4 or 5 cars in career mode (I had the anniversary ones) and haven't raced there for a while ow, so can't remember much about what I did with the cars..

Thanks for using the setups 👍
I've been running your tune for the Speed 12 and the SLS AMG GT3.
High pp cars give me a lot of trouble if they're not tuned right. Anything 500pp and below I run on standard suspension (fiddling with the braking balance on FF and 4WD cars to reduce understeer sometimes though).

If you're looking to see which tunes work well offline I can run through em (If I can manage to keep up with the tempo at which you're cranking these out.)

Back