HaB-Racing (ONLINE only): LM/LMP to 450-600pp roadcars sports tyres - 2015 revisions COMING SOON

• Thread starter Highlandor
  • 745 comments
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Racecar '97 - RACING hards - 630pp (V3)

Stock: aero, gearbox, power, tyres

* * * ALWAYS read 1st post before trying setup * * *

Suspension:

70 / 70
17.44 / 18.64
8 / 1
6 / 3
3 / 1
0.5 / 0.5
-0.10 / +0.50

Racing brakes:

4 / 5

LSD:

35 (adjust to suit your style: lower = more lift off turn in (oversteer), higher = less (understeer)

NOTE:

The aero for this car has a much smaller FR to RR amount than most racecars, by adjusting this to what is more 'normal' with similiar cars (i.e. around 200-250), will help stabilise in faster corners if necessary, but this might impact the setup.

These (type of) cars on these tyres will need quite different adjustments according to driving style. Don't make snap decisions on adjustments from first lap, it takes approximately 10-15 miles (20k's) before tyres really start to 'kick in', when they do, it makes a huge difference.

Test with fuel / tyre wear on fast, do at least 6-10 laps and adjust owing to how long you'll be on track i.e. each stint.

My fastest laps with these cars all came in the middle of the stint, at first car feels a bit twitchy, but gets better and better each lap. End of stint, car has still has balance and grip, but slightly lower lap times.

-- Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!

Glad to see your back doing tunes on GT6 Highlandor! " its a BLESSING!" (the grandpa from Christmas vacation)

-- Anyway, as you might already know I & some of the players I race with STILL use your tunes!(with adjustments do to up-dates) (GT3). I would like to know if you could up-date ALL GT3 category cars? (including the R8 plz!) in the past you didn't like the R8 & I understand but!, your set-up was still great!

-- If you could make the set-ups on RH tires that would be great!
-- And about the R8 LMS '12, I will take ANY kind of set-up that you feel is 'good enough'.

----GT3 category: GT-R GT3, SLS GT3, Z4 GT3, R8 LMS Ultra.

- As usual, thnks very much for your time & no rush, I can wait! I knw it will be worth it!

- Glad ur back & enjoy ur tuning!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:👍:lol::cheers:

Cool :cool:

Yep, the GT3's are on my list of cars to revisit as we're going to use some of these cars in our new racecar class 👍
Just being curious - have a look at the Nissan R390GT1, BMW '97 and Merc AMG '98s. I'd be interested to know how you think these setups are like.

They're err(ing) on the side of caution i.e. stability around banked corners (which can cause problems for MR cars) so may be a bit under-steery on flatter tracks with little camber, or low grip circuits - but a quick tweek of the LSD braking sensitivty and / or dampers should cure this..

Many thanks for checking out the tunes and I'm glad the old ones are still usable in some way :bowdown:

:cheers:

Mercedes AMG CLK-LM '98 - RACING hards - 630pp (V3)

Suspension:

80 / 80
19.66 / 18.29
4 / 2
6 / 1
1 / 2
0.5 / 0.5
-0.50 / +1.00

Racing brakes:

4 / 6

LSD:

30 (adjust to suit your style: lower = more lift off turn in (oversteer), higher = less (understeer)

NOTE:

The aero for this car has a much smaller FR to RR amount than most racecars, by adjusting this to what is more 'normal' with similiar cars (i.e. around 200-250), will help stabilise in faster corners if necessary, but this might impact the setup.

These (type of) cars on these tyres will need quite different adjustments according to driving style. Don't make snap decisions on adjustments from first lap, it takes approximately 10-15 miles (20k's) before tyres really start to 'kick in', when they do, it makes a huge difference.

Test with fuel / tyre wear on fast, do at least 6-10 laps and adjust owing to how long you'll be on track i.e. each stint.

My fastest laps with these cars all came in the middle of the stint, at first car feels a bit twitchy, but gets better and better each lap. End of stint, car has still has balance and grip, but slightly lower lap times.

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 - RACING hards - 615pp (V3)

Suspension:

60 / 60
16.88 / 16.33
4 / 2
3 / 1
2 / 1
1.5 / 0.6
-0.25 / +0.50

Racing brakes:

4 / 6

LSD:

30 (adjust to suit your style: lower = more lift off turn in (oversteer), higher = less (understeer)

NOTE:

My fastest laps with these cars all came in the middle of the stint, at first car feels a bit twitchy, bu gets better and better each lap. End of stint, car has still has balance and grip, but slightly lower lap times.

Some tracks i.e. La Sarthe, may need bespoke setup for that track owing to the track surface.

Gearbox @ stock isn't too bad, these cars have so much torque that short shifting out of tight corners doesn't hurt the lap time too badly. You'll need to balance traction with tyre wear - for some short shifting to save tyres will be needed, for others, the opposite, hard acceleration to keep heat in tyre or even tyre wear will be necessary.

Only change aero as last resort, try to keep stock difference (between fr and rr) whatever strength of aero you're using (low, medium, high).

Using RM or RS tyres will affect the balance - post on thread if help is needed with adjustments.

Cool :cool:

Yep, the GT3's are on my list of cars to revisit as we're going to use some of these cars in our new racecar class 👍
Just being curious - have a look at the Nissan R390GT1, BMW '97 and Merc AMG '98s. I'd be interested to know how you think these setups are like.

They're err(ing) on the side of caution i.e. stability around banked corners (which can cause problems for MR cars) so may be a bit under-steery on flatter tracks with little camber, or low grip circuits - but a quick tweek of the LSD braking sensitivty and / or dampers should cure this..

Many thanks for checking out the tunes and I'm glad the old ones are still usable in some way :bowdown:

:cheers:

-- Ok, good! I would be more then happy to try those cars for you but, I don't have any of them LOL. I see you posted a set-up for the R18, I will give that a try & let you know. Just so I can give some type of feed back!

-- Yes, the set-ups are pretty old but, you would be surprised how useable they were! The latest up-date did effect them the most tho. The R8 ballast position had to be changed so your back just in time!

--- thanks! you will hear back from me soon!

Alfa TZ3 Stradale '11 - SPORTS medium - 600pp (V2.1)

Stock: aero, wheels

Weight reduction stage 3 - 1257kgs
Fully custom gearbox - stock ratio's

Suspension:

110 / 110
9.86 / 9.06
2 / 3
3 / 4
2 / 1
0.5 / 0.5
0.00 / +0.30

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

15 (adjust to suit your style: lower = more lift off turn in (oversteer), higher = less (understeer)

Alternate (SPORTS SOFT):

110 / 110
9.86 / 9.06
3 / 3
3 / 3
1 / 2
0.5 / 0.5
0.00 / +0.30

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

20 (adjust to suit you: lower = more 'lift off' (oversteer), higher = less understeer)

Last edited:
Cool...I really didn't have anything specific in mind, I was just curious if you thought there was much of a change in GT6 now compared to when you stopped playing it several months back. GT6 is the first Gran Turismo game I ever played. In fact, it's the only "serious" driving/racing game I ever played. I put the word serious in quotes because I know a lot of people laugh at the notion that PD considers Gran Turismo a driving simulator and while I wouldn't call it a true 'sim' either, I don't think it's nearly as arcade like as some people make it sound like.

I see a lot of people referring to GT5 when talking about the physics of GT6. It's a pity that I never experienced GT5 so I can't join in on those conversations. I don't spend a lot of time racing in GT6. At least, not yet. I plan on joining SNAIL sometime soon, but I wanted to make sure that I had developed at least semi-decent skills so A) I wouldn't ruin races with my incompetence, B) I might actually stand a chance at being competitive. :boggled:

So, I've mainly been spending my time in Career Mode races (until I completed S class) and then I pretty much stick to Seasonal Events and cruising with my friends. What attracted me to your specific tunes was how easy I found them to drive...and I'm talking about just when I had bought the game and was a complete n00b. Yet, they still delivered stellar performance, at least for me they did. I have many cars tuned with the label "HaB Tune" on Tab A or B, so I know where to look if I accidentally screw up a setting. I've seen a lot of tuners panic when changes to the game have come out because they've felt their tunes were now worthless with the new tweaks to the physics. I'm not saying that every single one of your tunes posted in December 2013 is still perfect with today's version of GT6, but I'd bet it wouldn't require much modification. 👍

Again...Thanks for all the wonderful tunes you've provided us with. I'm thrilled to see you posting tunes again. Now that I know you're actually playing GT6 again perhaps I will have a question or five for you, regarding one/some of your tunes. I'll have to start poking through my garage again and see if it brings back any memories of questions I might have had. Thanks... :D

Sorry Alb - didn't realize I hadn't replied to your message..

Definately have a look at online racing, when you find like-minded people, both in terms of cars / races / race 'attitude' then you can't beat it. I think one of my friends from 'across the pond' raced in SNAIL so I think they're pretty good guys..

Generally, best bet is to err on the side of caution, always sacrifice race position for clean racing, get yourself accustomed to the racing, then start to push a bit more each time. People will always respect someone who shows respect on track. Some people are all abut speed, winning and being fastest, but the organisors will usually always respect someone who follows the rules and races clean. If they don't, then walk away, it'll be their loss..

Thanks for trying out the HaB tunes, let me know if there's any particular ones you would want an update / revision on... :cheers:

:D:tup:

BMW M4 Coupe - SPORTS hards & mediums 550pp (V3)

Stock: aero
Custom gearbox - default ratios
Full weight reduction
Engine tuned to required PP

Suspension (SOFT):

100 / 100
5.02 / 8.62
2 / 2
2 / 3
7 / 6
0.7 / 0.3
-0.15 / +0.05

For sports hard tyres, could run compression as 1 / 3, depends on track/driving style

Suspension (HARD - planted/rear grip):

100 / 100
9.79 / 9.70
5 / 3
7 / 4
3 / 5
0.7 / 0.3
-0.15 / +0.05

Racing brakes:

5 / 5 (possibly run 4 at the front)

LSD:

13 (adjust to suit your style: lower = more lift off turn in (oversteer), higher = less (understeer)

Last edited:
BP Falken RX-7 '03 - SPORTS mediums - 589pp (V3)

Weight reduction stage 3 = 1094kgs

Suspension:

132 / 132
11.89 / 15.94
1 / 2
2 / 3
1 / 2
0.5 / 0.5
-0.15 / +0.10

Racing brakes:

4 / 6

LSD:

8 (adjust to suit your style: lower = more lift off turn in (oversteer), higher = less (understeer)

GENKI Hyper Silvia RS2 '02 - SPORTS mediums - 581pp (V3)

Suspension:

80 / 80
12.43 / 12.68
1 / 2
2 / 3
1 / 2
0.5 / 0.5
-0.15 / +0.10

Racing brakes:

4 / 6

LSD:

8 (adjust to suit your style: lower = more lift off turn in (oversteer), higher = less (understeer)

Last edited:
Blitz Dunlop ER34 Skyline '07 - SPORTS mediums - 596pp (V3)

Stock: aero, weight

Fully tuned engine

Suspension:

90 / 90
17.03 / 13.20
1 / 3
2 / 4
1 / 2
0.5 / 0.5
-0.15 / +0.10

Racing brakes:

4 / 6

LSD:

10 (adjust to suit your style: lower = more lift off turn in (oversteer), higher = less (understeer)

@Highlandor Any chance you might revisit the Lamborghini Aventador? It's hands down one of my favorite tunes of yours (and in my opinion the best Aventador tune I've tried), but I just can't help but think perhaps it should be tweaked due to all the physics changes that have occurred since the time you posted the tune. Please, no rush at all. I don't NEED the tune for anything in particular. It's just my favorite car IRL and I love hooning it around Nordschleife every now and then. If you're feeling particularly generous, a 550PP tune and a 600PP tune would be pretty awesome, but I will take whatever you're willing to give!!

oh, btw...I absolutely can't wait to try the new M4 Coupe tunes you've posted. I have been so excited for the day to come when we could tune this car. :D

@Highlandor Any chance you might revisit the Lamborghini Aventador? It's hands down one of my favorite tunes of yours (and in my opinion the best Aventador tune I've tried), but I just can't help but think perhaps it should be tweaked due to all the physics changes that have occurred since the time you posted the tune. Please, no rush at all. I don't NEED the tune for anything in particular. It's just my favorite car IRL and I love hooning it around Nordschleife every now and then. If you're feeling particularly generous, a 550PP tune and a 600PP tune would be pretty awesome, but I will take whatever you're willing to give!!

oh, btw...I absolutely can't wait to try the new M4 Coupe tunes you've posted. I have been so excited for the day to come when we could tune this car. :D

Hi Alb - yep, the 4wd cars are on the list for revising, especially the ones that were done very early in the game, they must be feeling pretty horrible by now :yuck:

Not sure when they'll get done as I need to spend some time organising our website's Community club and getting all our regulars signed up for that. Extra work I don't really need as we're a bit behind schedule with our new series....

Glad you like the Aventador, I took it for a quick blast and it felt rough(!), but this was a setup from the very early days of GT6, and after driving the Pagani that was tuned from about the same time, it didn't surprise me the Lambo felt that bad...

Hopefully it won't be long before it's fixed 👍

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 - RACING hards - 615pp (V3)

Suspension:

60 / 60
16.88 / 16.33
4 / 2
3 / 1
2 / 1
1.5 / 0.6
-0.25 / +0.50

Racing brakes:

4 / 6

LSD:

NOTE:

My fastest laps with these cars all came in the middle of the stint, at first car feels a bit twitchy, bu gets better and better each lap. End of stint, car has still has balance and grip, but slightly lower lap times.

Some tracks i.e. La Sarthe, may need bespoke setup for that track owing to the track surface.

Gearbox @ stock isn't too bad, these cars have so much torque that short shifting out of tight corners doesn't hurt the lap time too badly. You'll need to balance traction with tyre wear - for some short shifting to save tyres will be needed, for others, the opposite, hard acceleration to keep heat in tyre or even tyre wear will be necessary.

Only change aero as last resort, try to keep stock difference (between fr and rr) whatever strength of aero you're using (low, medium, high).

Using RM or RS tyres will affect the balance - post on thread if help is needed with adjustments.
Do you have setting for RS tires Please
Thanks and see you back

Thanks and see you back

I'll have a look at it for you 👍

I don't usually use RS tyres, so don't have anything to judge the setup by, but I'll give it a go..

Thanks for checking out the tuning thread :D

Thanks and see you back

Try these - it's difficult without knowing your driving style, so I did a couple of basic settings, one soft and the other a little stiffer, not sure if they're going to be of use, but hopefully you might be able to make something out of them:

Soft:

65/ 65
15.21 / 17.60
2 / 3
1 / 4
6 / 5 (could run 7 / 6 on really smooth tracks)
0.5 / 0.5
-0.20 / +0.50

Slightly stiffer:

65 / 65
18.46 / 21.11
4 / 6
5 / 5
5 / 3 (could maybe run 4 at the front)
0.5 / 0.5
-0.20 / +0.50

Brakes:

4 / 5 (could use 5 at fr)

LSD:

Hope this helps in some way 👍

Try these - it's difficult without knowing your driving style, so I did a couple of basic settings, one soft and the other a little stiffer, not sure if they're going to be of use, but hopefully you might be able to make something out of them:

Soft:

65/ 65
15.21 / 17.60
2 / 3
1 / 4
0.5 / 0.5
-0.20 / +0.50

Slightly stiffer:

65 / 65
18.46 / 21.11
4 / 6
5 / 5
0.5 / 0.5
-0.20 / +0.50

Brakes:

Soft:

65/ 65
15.21 / 17.60
2 / 3
1 / 4
0.5 / 0.5
-0.20 / +0.50

Slightly stiffer:

65 / 65
18.46 / 21.11
4 / 6
5 / 5
0.5 / 0.5
-0.20 / +0.50

Brakes:

LSD:

LSD:

Hope this helps in some way 👍[/QU
Most of your race car setting I can drive:bowdown:

Soft:

65/ 65
15.21 / 17.60
2 / 3
1 / 4
0.5 / 0.5
-0.20 / +0.50

Slightly stiffer:

65 / 65
18.46 / 21.11
4 / 6
5 / 5
0.5 / 0.5
-0.20 / +0.50

Brakes:

LSD:

Thanks

Try both setting
lap time almost the same
Soft setting very easy to drive and the other more sharp
Thanks again
keep up the good work:cheers:

Is it possible to tune only the suspension and LSD to a new BRZ, '12 with no oil change to be as fast as the std car which uses SRF on? I hv tried it on Laguna Seca with all original parts. No tuning at all. (1:51.3 . comfort hard tires) Can it go as fast with ABS 1 only assist?

Is it possible to tune only the suspension and LSD to a new BRZ, '12 with no oil change to be as fast as the std car which uses SRF on? I hv tried it on Laguna Seca with all original parts. No tuning at all. (1:51.3 . comfort hard tires) Can it go as fast with ABS 1 only assist?

Hi, I'll try and have a look at this today. Not sure how successfull I'll be as I don't know much about SRF.

If you let me know a bit more about your driving style it'll help. Do you use wheel or pad, trial bake/feather throttle or 100% on/off brake and throttle, what view do you use - cockpit/exterior?

Thanks
👍

[QUOdriving "Highlandor, post: 10307429, member: 132600"]Hi, I'll try and have a look at this today. Not sure how successfull I'll be as I don't know much about SRF.

If you let me know a bit more about your driving style it'll help. Do you use wheel or pad, trial bake/feather throttle or 100% on/off brake and throttle, what view do you use - cockpit/exterior?

Just drive a 100% original with an. SRF off with suspension, LSD and brake setting compare with a no tune Brz driven with SRF on, you will know what I mean. I just want your tunes that is faster than the BRZ driven with SRF on! I try it with Ds3 with speed & rpm (cockpit) view. Video showing non tune/oil change exterior views.

Last edited:
[QUOdriving "Highlandor, post: 10307429, member: 132600"]Hi, I'll try and have a look at this today. Not sure how successfull I'll be as I don't know much about SRF.

Just drive a 100% original with an. SRF off with suspension, LSD and brake setting compare with a no tune Brz driven with SRF on, you will know what I mean. I just want your tunes that is faster than the BRZ driven with SRF on! I try it with Ds3 with speed & rpm (cockpit) view. Video showing non tune/oil change exterior views.

Sorry it took so long to reply, I had a go a this but couldn't really improve against the SRF, there isn't much leeway with CH tyres..

Sorry I couldn't help..

Lister Storm V12 Race Car '99 - RACING hards - 601pp (V3)

Stock: aero, weight

Engine tune stage 3 (but can use turbo kit or even stock engine with this setup)
Custom gearbox - stock ratios (more power/pp you might want to run longer 1st, 2nd, short 6th)

Low grip tyres / track:

Suspension:

85 / 85
26.15 / 17.65
1 / 2
2 / 4
1 / 3
0.0 / 0.0
-0.15 / +0.20

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

10 (adjust to suit your style: lower = more lift off turn in (oversteer), higher = less (understeer)

High(er) grip tyres / track:

Suspension:

85 / 85
25.13 / 18.20
1 / 2
2 / 4
1 / 2
0.0 / 0.0
-0.15 / +0.20

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

NOTE:

Notoriusly bad car i.e. 'slow'. Is possible for some specs to run + toe on fr and - toe on rear, also, you can run lower rear aero and more on front to help on tracks with longer high speed corners.
350Z RS (Gran Turismo garage) - SPORTS hard - 550pp (V2.1)

Stock: gearbox

FULL weight reduction, tune engine to get required PP
Aero - reduce rear aero to minimum

Suspension:

100 / 100
11.17 / 10.36
2 / 3
3 / 4
4 / 4
0.5 / 0.5
-0.15 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

A real under-rated online weapon for GT5..
HAB would you have a tune for 350 Z (Z33,US or EU) 03
Thanks

HAB would you have a tune for 350 Z (Z33,US or EU) 03
Thanks

Is that the standard one?

What PP tyres etc do you need it for?

I might be doing some roadcar racing tomorrow, so could try and have a look at it..

Jaguar XJR-9 '88 - RACING hards - 680pp (V3)

Suspension:

70 / 70
17.89 / 16.67
2 / 3
3 / 3
1 / 3
0.5 / 0.5
-0.25 / +0.50

Racing brakes:

4 / 5

LSD:

20 (adjust to suit your style: lower = more lift off turn in (oversteer), higher = less (understeer)

NOTE:

Great tune on the Jag! Thank you, Highlandor!

Great tune on the Jag! Thank you, Highlandor!

Cool - no worries :cheers:, it's one of the old tunes from the beginning of the game that I never got round to posting, so good to see that someone finds it useful :D

I tried it and it felt OK, any of the old unposted setups that felt a bit rough didn't get posted, but those that felt OK in some way shape or form did..

The LMP setups were made to try and make the cars a bit easier to drive, they're probably not the fastest but should be a little easier than stock to have a quick blast with, so maybe some of the others might be of use to you too 👍

Thanks for checking out the garage and giving feedback on the setup 👍

Hey Highlandor...Now that you're back to playing GT6 were you planning on releasing any new tunes or possibly revisiting any of the older tunes to see how they've held up with the changes made to the game since they were posted about a year ago? I know I've told you before that I've always found your tunes to mesh with my driving style probably better than any other tuner out there. Since I stink at tuning, I've never really tried to make any adjustments to the cars I've built with your tunes. I wonder if they could be improved at all, even though I personally find many already fantastic! And if you have no interest in revisiting any of the older tunes, I totally get that...it's got to be a lot of work. Frankly, I don't even know exactly what has changed since 1.3, let's say, but many people claim certain things have...

Hey Highlandor...Now that you're back to playing GT6 were you planning on releasing any new tunes or possibly revisiting any of the older tunes to see how they've held up with the changes made to the game since they were posted about a year ago? I know I've told you before that I've always found your tunes to mesh with my driving style probably better than any other tuner out there. Since I stink at tuning, I've never really tried to make any adjustments to the cars I've built with your tunes. I wonder if they could be improved at all, even though I personally find many already fantastic! And if you have no interest in revisiting any of the older tunes, I totally get that...it's got to be a lot of work. Frankly, I don't even know exactly what has changed since 1.3, let's say, but many people claim certain things have...

Yep, definately going to revise what's been done so far and do new ones, there's still quite alot of cars I've never even driven. Just been doing some laps in the Enzo, didn't realise I've never driven it before, it was only when I saw the TC was still on and all parts were stock (and not a single custom part bought for it) that I realised I've never driven it...

Yeh, I think all of them can be improved as most of them were done in the first 2 months of GT6 and back then, I didn't know as much as now.

It's just a matter of finding the time as there's been a flu/virus going round that wiped out Christmas for half the family this year, got a load of jobs to do around the house and garden. Mum/dad very keen gardeners, but age and illness means they can do very little of the manual stuff to keep the garden, flowers, veggie patch etc looking nice and not overun!

Thanks for trying the setups 👍

Back