Has GT6 been abandoned by PD?

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 935 comments

Do you think GT6 has been Abandoned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@RESHIRAM5 The whole point of a successful business is to keep your customers happy and make money. PDs managment team sucks. They have no focus. They lie to their customers.

where is our february DL content?? Where are the items that were advertised pre release?

So sick of these noob kids whos mommys buy them the game defending pd.

IF I WAS RUNNING THE SHOW I COULD HAVE MADE PD AN EXTRA 200 MILLION IN THE PAST 4 YEARS.
I find that hard to believe from someone who can't spell 'Management' never mind run 'The Show'

I hope PD haven't abandoned GT6, if the reality was for it to be a growing, living game over time it will be a shame to see it die. Least they can do is tell us if this is the case.

Hate to say it. . but Maybe.
I rate what they were going to throw into it, their saving it for PS4.
Can they blame people for lack of sales? They wanted to launch so near to the PS4 launch. I love the game though, but them abandoning it would piss me off.

PD Has made a mockery of sony's flagship franchise.....GT6 on ps3 was a stupid mistake, and sales are massively below where any other gt game has been. Next gen sales have fallen off a cliff, people are ready for next gen the last gen went 2 years too long. GT needs a total overhaul or next gen it is in danger of being irrelevant.

I think it's blatantly obvious that they've abandoned it. At least one new track each month as DLC? We've got zero. Course creator? Nope. B-spec mode? Nothing. Four whole cars as DLC in close to four months. Seasonal events are crummy little time trials that probably take them 10 minutes to set up and have no replay value whatsoever. Their big "update" is some menu tweaks and that's about it.

I looked at that Vision GT menu the other day and just laughed.

I've got better things to get pissed off about, such as my own personal issues. GT6 atleast keeps me a bit less depressed like GT5 did.

PD will put a smile on my face again someday.

Most likely. It'll go down the way of GT5 by the looks of things: "Oh, yeah, we're gonna give you a lot of updates, yeah, tons of cars, yeah periodical updates!". They gave us some Racing Modifications, a couple of tracks that were being made for GT6 as well as some cars being made for GT6 and called it a day, "Oh, guys, we're working on a new game that'll be perfect and yes, lots of artsy blabber, mimesis, yeah, Kaz is a genius!". Here we are, almost 4 months ago after the game was released and we haven't even seen the course maker! They promised that, and "group features", and "periodical updates". So far? The new M4, a slightly touched up Corvette, a concept Toyota car that has no importance, and the Vision Mercedes. Has that been for free? Yes, can't deny that. Has it been up to their promises, absolutely not and it just further shows how much GT is behind it's competition in terms of content selection and time of production.

Oh, but wait, here comes GT7 with more promised but unreleased features!

Since PD didn't say the course maker would be provided within 4 months you can't say that that it hasn't been up to their promises.

The game is not worth the candle anymore. It's pretty funny, because there's no good way out. They had their audience with a GT5 and did nothing that would incentivize them to buy the next installment. Now they can abandon the ship and focus on making a better game on a next gen(and have pissed hardcore fans) OR they can fix the GT6, but that is not efficient for them, since only a few people are going to notice that. They've started digging that hole since GT5, really.

Honestly, I would say they haven't given up on GT6 yet. My reasoning: If they give up without releasing the "clubs and communities" feature, then both PD and Sony would be opening themselves up to legal action on the premise of false advertising and misrepresentation (or whatever it would be called). It specifically mentions clubs on both the box and the booklet so they have an obligation to release that. As for other features, well, they were always listed as upcoming with no specific time frame so they have no legal obligation to release them.

I could be wrong about the legal issues of course as I am not a lawyer but that would be my understanding of it.

Why do we waste our time complaining, we could be playing something else, remember this is the gaming computers ,software business, these people have proven over the years, excuse me since the beginning of the computer era that everything they built is never ever truly finished. They always fall short of everything they make because everything they create becomes obsolete in 6 months. I play GT6 cause I can't afford a gaming PC, if you own one play iracing Assetto Corsa etc etc, I know I would but for now I will continue playing my uncompleted GT6. And when it will be completed GT7 will come out and then we can complain about GT7.

OMG, hey, guys! I think they might have abandoned GT3 just days after it was released! What was the world coming to?!

Seriously, we have it better now than we did back then; GT6 would have been released in the same state it was released now but you would get no updates.

Quit your belly-aching and just enjoy what is still a great racing game.

If the game doesn't need that much tweaking to get from GT6 to GT7, then why are they working on GT7P now ? :mad: 👎

Last edited:
Only time will tell the answer to that question. Two things are for sure GT6 is the best version to date and fan expectations are at an all time high.

The most important "feature" we've gotten in 4 months has been tripple screen.

Yeah... I don't know what's worse, having abandoned the game, or still working on it with absolutely nothing to show for it.

The most important "feature" we've gotten in 4 months has been tripple screen.

Yeah... I don't know what's worse, having abandoned the game, or still working on it with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Multi monitor is a good feature for SONY, MULTI SALES OF PS3.

OMG, hey, guys! I think they might have abandoned GT3 just days after it was released! What was the world coming to?!

Seriously, we have it better now than we did back then; GT6 would have been released in the same state it was released now but you would get no updates.

Quit your belly-aching and just enjoy what is still a great racing game.

Great racing game? Are you kidding, right? The simulation part might be good, but all the rest sucks. AI is ridiculous, the actual racing is basically non existing... all we do is mega comebacks to reach the first place within a certain time limit (with opponents going 2 seconds slower and slowing down in the last 2 laps). The most important features are still missing, the online racing is glitched and extremely painful to deal with. This game is half backed at best.

Yawn... all these negative and pessimistic threads...

Enjoy the online game, and dont think that much about the freakin updates.... You have TONS of fun hours with the online part.

@RESHIRAM5 The whole point of a successful business is to keep your customers happy and make money. PDs managment team sucks. They have no focus. They lie to their customers.

where is our february DL content?? Where are the items that were advertised pre release?

So sick of these noob kids whos mommys buy them the game defending pd.

IF I WAS RUNNING THE SHOW I COULD HAVE MADE PD AN EXTRA 200 MILLION IN THE PAST 4 YEARS.

Troll hard. Thanks for the morning laughs.

Once again, you guys do remember that our last update was...11 days ago right? I could see maybe thinking the game had been abandoned in-between 1.04 and 1.05 but really guys? Nearly a 3rd of the people on this thread think 1.05 will be the LAST update?

Edit: Can we bring this thread back when the new update comes out?

They're already working on GT7: Prologue. I saw that "Build Your Own Porsche" feature, which kind of pisses me off. Why couldn't they include that in GT6? The way they've treated GT6 so far just makes me think they ripped me off for $60 for an incomplete game. We are not even being given the DLC they promised every two weeks.

Yeah PD couldn't possibly do two things at once! They MUST have abandoned GT6. I mean it's been nearly 5 months now and we haven't got 10 DLC packs and 50 updates a week. :rolleyes:

A few months after the GT5 servers are closed is when we'll know just how much attention GT6 is getting from PD. They won't abandon it though.

Once again, you guys do remember that our last update was...11 days ago right? I could see maybe thinking the game had been abandoned in-between 1.04 and 1.05 but really guys? Nearly a 3rd of the people on this thread think 1.05 will be the LAST update?

Edit: Can we bring this thread back when the new update comes out?

Why would they bring it back? Because you don't like to see them gremlin of people critiquing a game that you most likely enjoy. Also if 1.05 if your evidence of full on requited love due to support that you and others have...good luck with that up hill trek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back