Has GT6 been abandoned by PD?

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 935 comments

Do you think GT6 has been Abandoned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they bring it back? Because you don't like to see them gremlin of people critiquing a game that you most likely enjoy. Also if 1.05 if your evidence of full on requited love due to support that you and others have...good luck with that up hill trek.

What? This thread is about whether or not PD has abandoned GT6. It has nothing to do with what we're getting. 1.05 wasn't a very big update, but it was an update.

I want to bring the thread back when the next update comes out (assuming it isn't still going that is) because maybe then people will see how silly it is to suggest that the game has been totally dropped.

They're already working on GT7: Prologue. I saw that "Build Your Own Porsche" feature, which kind of pisses me off. Why couldn't they include that in GT6? The way they've treated GT6 so far just makes me think they ripped me off for $60 for an incomplete game. We are not even being given the DLC they promised every two weeks.

Uuuuhhh...you might want to read that article again buddy. The "build your own Porche" had nothing to do with GT7. of GT at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uuuuhhh...you might want to read that article again buddy. The "build your own Porche" had nothing to do with GT7. of GT at all.

I stand corrected. Still though, the idea that they're working on GT7 already makes me think they just don't care about the people who paid $60 for GT6 and got gypped with an incomplete game.

What? This thread is about whether or not PD has abandoned GT6. It has nothing to do with what we're getting. 1.05 wasn't a very big update, but it was an update.

Let me break it down for you, first I'm not saying it is abandoned more so giving you advice of how it is going to go about. You using 1.05 as some evidence isn't going to stop people from saying that this game is abandoned, I know what the thread about but clearly you don't know the context of my post and probably took it in a defensive manner. In other words people will give you a variety of reasons why a simple update doesn't mean anything or disproves PD is about to leave GT6 behind.

I want to bring the thread back when the next update comes out (assuming it isn't still going that is) because maybe then people will see how silly it is to suggest that the game has been totally dropped.

So in other words for the reason I said...because you actually believe in PD and it's product where others dont and thus are probably offended to some extent at the back lash.

Yawn... all these negative and pessimistic threads...

Enjoy the online game, and dont think that much about the freakin updates.... You have TONS of fun hours with the online part.
A. The vast majority of people don't play online.
B. Unless you want to race street cars on F1 sllicks, cruise, drift or drag, you won't find much online for you. Racing spec cars on stock rubber is almost non-existent online.

This is interesting because im about 50% sure they did because look at the lack of content dropping for gt6. And the lack of news. We dont know whats going on with the vision cars and tracks they promised every month. Plus montly dlc. there so many promises not being kept about gt6 . so yea i would wanna say its on its way out the door.. i want my 30$ back sony

Let me break it down for you, first I'm not saying it is abandoned more so giving you advice of how it is going to go about. You using 1.05 as some evidence isn't going to stop people from saying that this game is abandoned, I know what the thread about but clearly you don't know the context of my post and probably took it in a defensive manner. In other words people will give you a variety of reasons why a simple update doesn't mean anything or disproves PD is about to leave GT6 behind.

So in other words for the reason I said...because you actually believe in PD and it's product where others dont and thus are probably offended to some extent at the back lash.

Yeah I don't think I read your post the way you wrote it. My bad.

You're right that people will still say the game has been abandoned, but I stand by saying it's nonsensical.

It's not so much that I believe in PD as I think the consequences for just halting any and all progress on GT6 would be overwhelming and they (whether it be PD or Sony) know that. Plus, we really don't have any evidence to suggest that they did. We have one comment from an insider about a game we already know is being worked on.

Yeah I don't think I read your post the way you wrote it. My bad.

You're right that people will still say the game has been abandoned, but I stand by saying it's nonsensical.

It's not so much that I believe in PD as I think the consequences for just halting any and all progress on GT6 would be overwhelming and they (whether it be PD or Sony) know that. Plus, we really don't have any evidence to suggest that they did. We have one comment from an insider about a game we already know is being worked on.

I agree, I don't care for GT6 that much and actually less than GT5, but I would like more evidence before I make a bold sweeping claim or even decide to question as this thread does.

I don't think they have abondoned it but the problem is players have. After four months most people will have played the game as much as they want, the hardcore players will have 'completed' it and a lot have moved on. It's the same issues GT5 had, the updates come too late and there isn't enough incentive for most to go back and do it again with the enhancements. Think of it like driving down a long highway, you're two thirds along and then someone calls you, says a guy giving stuff away for free 1000 miles back, near where you started. It'd have to be something pretty awesome for you to go back and do it again.

This is why it's important to deliver a complete game on day one or very soon after. It's silly that someone buying a game a year later gets a much better game than those who buy the disc.

Once again, you guys do remember that our last update was...11 days ago right? I could see maybe thinking the game had been abandoned in-between 1.04 and 1.05 but really guys? Nearly a 3rd of the people on this thread think 1.05 will be the LAST update?

Edit: Can we bring this thread back when the new update comes out?

Big deal the update... 3 screen support, really?

I think I know what you're talking about @Samus, and I agree. I also believe because of the low sales for GT6, PD isn't bothering much with it, and also because its on PS3 as well?

I'm not sure how anyone could answer anything but maybe. Noone has any evidence to say they absolutely have abandoned GT6. But there is even less evidence for someone to say they haven't abandoned it. 4 months into the game and so much promised stuff isn't being delivered. You can't help but think there's a good possibility that at the least the "future" features that were promised have been abandoned. Not likely they would fully abandon it. But every day that goes by and those features don't show up the chances of them ever being released decreases.

I don't think they have abandoned it but the problem is players have.

This is the real problem and is definitely happening. My friends list has basically already abandoned the game for the most part. The traffic around here is noticeably slower. I think people are fed up and walking away in droves at this point. Unless PD have been holding all those advertised features and promised monthly tracks back for one big update that comes soon I doubt many of those will come back. Trickling out a few cars, and maybe a feature every 4 months or so isn't going to bring them back.

Oh sugar, those poll results are almost evenly split by a third each way! o:

Honestly I voted no, although I should have gone for maybe; no one knows what's actually going on right now, it's all based on the product we have in front of us all and wild conjecture - and whilst the state of the game isn't doing the idea of PD continuing work on GT6 any favours, it's still obvious there is support for both GT5 and GT6, even if it's just in the weekly maintenance and the fact the servers are there for us to play on.

It's likely PoDi are still working on the game, but let's all sit tight and see what happens, yeah?

Big deal the update... 3 screen support, really?

Hey look @LMSCorvetteGT2 you were right!

Anyways, as I've stated already the thread and the poll that goes along with it is about GT6 being abandoned. It has nothing to do with what is in the updates. We are still getting updates, by the very definition of the term GT6 has not been "abandonded".

Too bad that online is pretty damn broken...
It is not... The only broken part is the small freezing that happens when people joining the track, and of course the pit stops, but other than that, its working well. With the latest update, they improved the car capping options a lot. Now you can do an insane amount of race combinations. You can cap for PP and category at the same time.
A. The vast majority of people don't play online.
B. Unless you want to race street cars on F1 sllicks, cruise, drift or drag, you won't find much online for you. Racing spec cars on stock rubber is almost non-existent online.
A) Too bad for them. It's not PD's problem that they wont use a major game feature.
B) Thats false at least in Europe. Maybe in Canada there are not many people who play online... but still, maybe you guys should try yourselves to open a room and invite your PSN friends and stuff. It works for me lots of times.
Its all about creating a popular room that people remember it.

It is not... The only broken part is the small freezing that happens when people joining the track, and of course the pit stops, but other than that, its working well. With the latest update, they improved the car capping options a lot. Now you can do an insane amount of race combinations. You can cap for PP and category at the same time.

A) Too bad for them. It's not PD's problem that they wont use a major game feature.
B) Thats false at least in Europe. Maybe in Canada there are not many people who play online... but still, maybe you guys should try yourselves to open a room and invite your PSN friends and stuff. It works for me lots of times.
Its all about creating a popular room that people remember it.
There are no Canada servers. I routinely look at US and Euro based rooms and pickings are slim all over.

Just think of the average customer. They go to a retailer one day and see GT6. They see all the features, some on disc, some coming soon. They might look at some videos, might read a review but that's it. They don't visit forums, they don't constantly check developer websites constantly. They play through the game on release and notice things are missing. They come back to it a couple of times over the last few months, still no missing features. They're annoyed but they aren't the type to go online and search, come here, they just shelf/sell the game. They never see the remaining updates, they never see Kaz' final 'vision' for the game.

Now think of those people when GT7 turns up. "Ah, I liked that game but they never finished it which was stupid". It doesn't matter if PD did update it eventually, this guy doesn't know, he moved on with the negative impressions the unfinished game left him. Now he doesn't buy GT7, or knows to wait a few months so he knows it might be more finished.

I have a hunch this happened with a lot of the millions who bought GT5 in the first year and will happen again with GT6. This is the big problem with this way of releasing games, the casuals that make up the millions don't stick with it long enough.

Just think of the average customer. They go to a retailer one day and see GT6. They see all the features, some on disc, some coming soon. They might look at some videos, might read a review but that's it. They don't visit forums, they don't constantly check developer websites constantly. They play through the game on release and notice things are missing. They come back to it a couple of times over the last few months, still no missing features. They're annoyed but they aren't the type to go online and search, come here, they just shelf/sell the game. They never see the remaining updates, they never see Kaz' final 'vision' for the game.

Now think of those people when GT7 turns up. "Ah, I liked that game but they never finished it which was stupid". It doesn't matter if PD did update it eventually, this guy doesn't know, he moved on with the negative impressions the unfinished game left him. Now he doesn't buy GT7, or knows to wait a few months so he knows it might be more finished.

I have a hunch this happened with a lot of the millions who bought GT5 in the first year and will happen again with GT6. This is the big problem with this way of releasing games, the casuals that make up the millions don't stick with it long enough.
You are spot on. I should have realized this after GT5, but at least I know now. No way am I getting GT7, at least not before I can see confirmation they are not releasing another half baked bug ridden featureless shell of a game.

Well, just like many other cross-platform games, they developed a next-gen game and then released a handicapped version called GT6 so that the kids could have what they wanted.

I don't think they even wanted or thought about GT6 being a PS3 title back in 2010/2011, my guess is that SONY pushed them with the "2 games per console" thing and PD just released whatever they had "finished".

GT6 had a fair chunk of advertising but it was too clinical, we never saw Kaz talking about it with such passion and pride, it's like he knew that GT6 wasn't supposed to be like this.

Least they can do is tell us if this is the case.

More like tell us anything about the progress they're making...
Once again, you guys do remember that our last update was...11 days ago right? I could see maybe thinking the game had been abandoned in-between 1.04 and 1.05 but really guys? Nearly a 3rd of the people on this thread think 1.05 will be the LAST update?

Edit: Can we bring this thread back when the new update comes out?

[rant]by no means directed at you.

And what use was 1.05 exactly? This is the single most outrageous update I've ever seen delivered in any online-related game. We've been waiting for well over a month for a sign of life from PD, for a new god damn track, some even hoped they might be working on VGT or some car DLC... and THIS is what we get? I mean... really???:indiff:

"Oh hey, have some multi-screen support you probably won't even use like 95% of other players who can't even afford buying another PS3, let alone two of them and two new screens. Not enough? Take the car search function, it's not like car dealership sorting functions were sufficient! Also, now you can buy and sort your suits in individual colors! How awesome and useful is that?:sly:"

They could just as well wait with it until they were ready to implement all this and some actual content. I think it's blindingly obvious PD are no idea what players want/ask for, or that they are simply blind to it and think they just know better than to listen to the community.

If they keep it up this way and think it's OK, fine by me. If this is what they think is the right thing to do in developing their game, fine by me. If this is how often they want to bring in some major features, again, I'm fine with this.

But if this is what leads to PD's fall, they'll only get what's coming to them. And oh boy am I gonna be laughing.:D

[/rant]

Last edited:
There are no Canada servers. I routinely look at US and Euro based rooms and pickings are slim all over.
I suppose you have to join the USA ones... And I think there are just Euro servers not specific ones for each euro country
There is so much wrong with the online part, I've just quit playing there.
Like what?

I was going to vote maybe but just thinking about it I have to vote Yes... with the qualifier that I believe they didn't have plans to abandon it this early but after the sales number started flowing in I think they may have gone into a bit of a panic. Now instead of focusing on GT6 support they could have started going full bore on a GT game for the PS4.. just looking at the promised content and what we're getting it doesn't feel like GT6 is being fully supported by PD.

I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, I've come to accept GT6 for what it is & what we got.

I had to vote maybe because it is "plausible"... stupid, but plausible.

The things I do know for sure are:
1. There is absolutely no communication to the contrary. Right now we've heard the term GT7 and/or GT7 prologue more than any news about GT6.
2. As mentioned above, players are walking away in large numbers. People on my list that were on everyday in GT6 are now showing double digit numbers since last login. The spaghetti lines in the seasonals have become just a couple. It's crazy how many players have left.
3. Also mentioned before, if PD does abandon GT6 and move right into GT7 I think good number of people (myself included) will walk away from GT altogether, even contemplating a non-SONY platform altogether for being burned on it.

Just to repeat myself yet again, threads like this wouldn't even exist if PD would just say something, anything, related to GT6. Right now just Kaz tweeting the words "Gran Turismo 6" would probably appease "some" people.

I suppose you have to join the USA ones... And I think there are just Euro servers not specific ones for each euro country

Like what?
If you play online you would know the game is broken and has been since release its a joke and then apparently there on with gt7 I think gt6 should be fixed before releasing gt7 I'm just wondering how messed up gt7 will be going off gt6 anyway I know I won't be investing in gt7 I would rather play with my own turds.

Also I voted yes

If you play online you would know the game is broken and has been since release its a joke and then apparently there on with gt7 I think gt6 should be fixed before releasing gt7 I'm just wondering how messed up gt7 will be going off gt6 anyway I know I won't be investing in gt7 I would rather play with my own turds.

Also I voted yes

Translation:

"I don't really have an answer but..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back