Has GT6 been abandoned by PD?

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 935 comments

Do you think GT6 has been Abandoned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
gt5 servers close may 20th and at june Nissan launches the "Connect NISMO Plus” with the new GT-R.
i suppose, its reasonable to expect some updates, till june, maybe may 20th.

Sorry, are you insinuating any of that is our, the customers, fault?

No it's not our fault. Just economic reality. PD will still be slow on an easier system to program for in the future just as it was slow on easier systems to program for in the past.

Sadly, with the increasing prevalence of mobile games and other formats, studios can't afford too many missteps. And the turbulence seen recently at SCE Worldwide bears this out.

Er, good? If Polyphony can't handle the jandal, I'm not sure why they should be allowed to keep it.

Give Polyphony layoffs, keep the valuable parts of the company and hand the license on to someone able to make real use of the brand power that it represents, or once represented at least.

I don't see why the consumer would wish that someone who isn't meeting targets and promises be spared the consequences of their actions.
A
True, but in the GT/PlayStation/racing worlds... Kaz is almost as big a brand as GT. Imagine MGS without Hideo Kojima... can't really. Though he says he wants to move on. GT's like that without Kaz always saying he's done.

Kaz is a dreamer and the difficulty getting the PS3 to perform hasn't just kicked his ass. It's trying to take a bite off. The success of GT means he's given latitude; the PS3 issues will probably allow for more. If GT6 is finished as promised then everyone's happy. If not... if major parts are left out and the consumer is left greatly unsatisfied, he will not be in a place to bargain and could very well face staff reductions or his own dismissal. As you pointed out. So far he's on the right side of the argument! I hope he stays there.

Stuff gets left out of games all the time. Or put on the disc and sold as DLC. For those that talk of lawsuits... good luck! Kaz is a magician with words. A bad magician perhaps, but a magician none the less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soooooooooooooooooooooo what is your action plan if nothing? Sell the game? That'll show 'em!

I'm waiting for GT Academy Australia to be over, then I'll be getting rid of the game if it doesn't at least show some promise.

Of course, I don't expect Kaz, Sony or PD to take a blind bit of notice. But if I have to sell one of their games because it's not working as advertised then I certainly won't be buying another one.

A
True, but in the GT/PlayStation/racing worlds... Kaz is almost as big a brand as GT. Imagine MGS without Hideo Kojima... can't really. Though he says he wants to move on. GT's like that without Kaz always saying he's done.

Kaz is a dreamer and the difficulty getting the PS3 to perform hasn't just kicked his ass. It's trying to take a bite off. The success of GT means he's given latitude; the PS3 issues will probably allow for more. If GT6 is finished as promised then everyone's happy. If not... if major parts are left out and the consumer is left greatly unsatisfied, he will not be in a place to bargain and could very well face staff reductions or his own dismissal. As you pointed out. So far he's on the right side of the argument! I hope he stays there.

Stuff gets left out of games all the time. Or put on the disc and sold as DLC. For those that talk of lawsuits... good luck! Kaz is a magician with words. A bad magician perhaps, but a magician none the less.

Outsite this forum, nobody knows Kaz. He isn't as big as Hideo Kojima because, guess what, he does not communicate with his fans.

Hideo Kojima is important to MGS because he writes the story, however crazy it may be. What does Kaz personally add to GT? It's got no story. What can you actually say the man himself has added to the series since his initial idea, 15 years ago? Take him out of the picture after GT1, have someone else run the show, what would we have missed?

Gran Turismo would have been just another racing game, that's what.

Actually, that was a little glib... to heck with supper for a bit. Let me be more explicit. Without Kaz, Gran Turismo would be just another racing game. :D

What specifically? Probably Need For Speed, but a scouche more serious. Race car and supercar heavy, and not all that many cars. Maybe slanted to the European side, since they end up buying most of the games. Would it stand out? I'm dubious on that.

Like it or not, Kaz created something unique. I'm unaware of any other racing developer who wanted to make their game an encyclopedia of cars, because they flat out love cars. A guy who made it his goal to create a game that had you driving some of the most head scratching cars in the world because some car maker had the desire to make it and bring it to life. Who put license tests in the game to make us students of driving technique. As aggravating as that ended up being sometimes. A guy who made the music an integral part of the experience.

What other racer sticks out of the pack as something different? For many of us, it's just GT and Forza. And when MS decided to make a flagship racer, who did they copy?

Would Project CARS have street cars in it if not for GT? I doubt it.

Why do millions of us keep coming back every time? Made GT5 Prologue a platinum seller just from pre-orders? Because we can't find anything else like it. Or the man who's at the helm.

The guy at the top matters, and if he's unique, he really matters. Alien and Blade Runner wouldn't have been half the movies they were without Ridley Scott directing and making the actors sweat blood. Someone above mentioned Hideo Kojima, another archtypical studio head. And then there's Kaz.

I doubt I'd care much for Gran Turismo if not for Kaz.

Last edited:
It might be funnier if there wasn't a very real danger that GT6 never gets finished properly.
What, those online features you were promised? Don't need any of that. Should've left it out in my eyes. Alienate the millennials I say. Community features, pfffft!

I mean if the game hasn't sold and all this stuff you're worried about with your so dramatic posting of "real danger". There really isn't a multiplayer for your community stuff... and whatever. *chugs beer*

So yeah, video games. And stuff.

Just to bounce off of Toko's little pun, I'm going to be curious to see what kind of impact Assetto Corsa and P CARS have around here. While it seems to me that AC is too much like a slightly prettier but classic PC sim, P CARS might just be snazzy enough to grab some interest. It still has mine. Kind of... sort of. A little. Maybe. We'll see. ;)

You funny man. :D Anyhow, gonna crawl into bed and into my idiot gubmint work in a few hours.

Actually, that was a little glib... to heck with supper for a bit. Let me be more explicit. Without Kaz, Gran Turismo would be just another racing game. :D

What specifically? Probably Need For Speed, but a scouche more serious. Race car and supercar heavy, and not all that many cars. Maybe slanted to the European side, since they end up buying most of the games. Would it stand out? I'm dubious on that.

Like it or not, Kaz created something unique. I'm unaware of any other racing developer who wanted to make their game an encyclopedia of cars, because they flat out love cars. A guy who made it his goal to create a game that had you driving some of the most head scratching cars in the world because some car maker had the desire to make it and bring it to life. Who put license tests in the game to make us students of driving technique. As aggravating as that ended up being sometimes. A guy who made the music an integral part of the experience.

What other racer sticks out of the pack as something different? For many of us, it's just GT and Forza. And when MS decided to make a flagship racer, who did they copy?

Would Project CARS have street cars in it if not for GT? I doubt it.

Why do millions of us keep coming back every time? Made GT5 Prologue a platinum seller just from pre-orders? Because we can't find anything else like it. Or the man who's at the helm.

The guy at the top matters, and if he's unique, he really matters. Alien and Blade Runner wouldn't have been half the movies they were without Ridley Scott directing and making the actors sweat blood. Someone above mentioned Hideo Kojima, another archtypical studio head. And then there's Kaz.

I doubt I'd care much for Gran Turismo if not for Kaz.
None of that answered my question. I very much appreciate what Kaz did with GT1 but what I asked is if Kaz had left after that first game, what would we have missed in the following games? Give me some specific examples. If someone else just took it on and continued on with the same formula but did donthing new, had no 'vision', what would we have missed out on?

We should consider the possibility that PD actually believes GT6 is the finished product now.

So it's not abandoned, it's completed.

We should consider the possibility that PD actually believes GT6 is the finished product now.
So it's not abandoned, it's completed.
are you sarcastic or serious? :confused:

Last edited:
What, those online features you were promised? Don't need any of that. Should've left it out in my eyes. Alienate the millennials I say. Community features, pfffft!

I mean if the game hasn't sold and all this stuff you're worried about with your so dramatic posting of "real danger". There really isn't a multiplayer for your community stuff... and whatever. *chugs beer*

So yeah, video games. And stuff.

Ah, another troll. Good, my ignore list is filling up.

Why do millions of us keep coming back every time? Made GT5 Prologue a platinum seller just from pre-orders? Because we can't find anything else like it.

I think people kept comming back because of it's very good games on PS1 and PS2. However with 2 "bad" games on PS3. The GT series has lost some serious credit and I don't think millions of people will come back that easy when GT7 will be released.

I think people kept comming back because of it's very good games on PS1 and PS2. However with 2 "bad" games on PS3. The GT series has lost some serious credit and I don't think millions of people will come back that easy when GT7 will be released.
This may or may not proof your point. GT5 has sold over 5 million copies in 13 days and GT6 didn't sell 3 million copies yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: VBR
Most people were just too disapointed with GT5. I have alot of friends which bought GT5 day one, and didn't really care for GT6 anymore after the disaster of 5. They basically just lost interest, and when they asked me whats new? And I told them umm a few tracks and cars and Star animations and physics have been improved but also being glitchy at times. Then they asked for Standarts and Sounds and I told them it's the same. They just said good that I didn't buy it.

You are really optimistic IMO !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back