Has GT6 been abandoned by PD?

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 935 comments

Do you think GT6 has been Abandoned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they would only tell us what they are doing... Any status updates on their progress... But nope that seems too much work for them. Whats so hard to give out a press release? Tell the people that there are problems in the progress with the DLC or the DLC being delayed because this or that... But nothing? Not acceptable.

I remember how excited I was to hear the monthly DLC's and frequent updates.

Where are they? Just some daydreams of Kaz that he couldn't keep for himself...

I wouldn't be too surprised if they abandon this game soon, it's happened with other games. Mx vs Atv Alive was abandoned and killed off by THQ, it was basically half a game at release and they were going to have you buy the supercross series later, well they released 2 of about 10 tracks and abandoned it. That game was a micro transaction experiment that went bad, it was $39.99 at release but everything cool was DLC, I spent another $40 on bikes, gear, graphics, and tracks only to have it abandoned in less than a year. The servers are still open though.

If they would only tell us what they are doing... Any status updates on their progress... But nope that seems too much work for them. Whats so hard to give out a press release? Tell the people that there are problems in the progress with the DLC or the DLC being delayed because this or that... But nothing? Not acceptable.

I remember how excited I was to hear the monthly DLC's and frequent updates.

Where are they? Just some daydreams of Kaz that he couldn't keep for himself...
I know what you mean, even I was excited about that. Only to be left disappointed. This time with GT7, I won't be believing anything Kaz saids. He's all talk but has nothing to show in the end. I hope the interviews with him become more tougher, due to the state of GT6.

pCARS will definitely be making him run for his money.

I know what you mean, even I was excited about that. Only to be left disappointed. This time with GT7, I won't be believing anything Kaz saids. He's all talk but has nothing to show in the end. I hope the interviews with him become more tougher, due to the state of GT6.

pCARS will definitely be making him run for his money.

True that, anyways the Interviews with Kaz are always the same, the questions are never really about the real issues and Kaz's answeres are always not clear just, "bla bla we looking into, bla bla thats what we would like to do bla bla". And the Interviewers are always nice. I waited for years that somebody Comes up and asks him the real questions the ones which arent comfortable and praising the game to the sky.... then I want to see what he says...

True that, anyways the Interviews with Kaz are always the same, the questions are never really about the real issues and Kaz's answeres are always not clear just, "bla bla we looking into, bla bla thats what we would like to do bla bla". And the Interviewers are always nice. I waited for years that somebody Comes up and asks him the real questions the ones which arent comfortable and praising the game to the sky.... then I want to see what he says...
Agreed. I remember that interview with Dan from Forza where the interviewer was tough on him. Luckily it was said to be fake. That is the kinda interview I want with Kaz, the interviewrs should be really tough on him this time, and ask why he refuses to communicate with the community. Watch him laugh it off though.

Agreed. I remember that interview with Dan from Forza where the interviewer was tough on him. Luckily it was said to be fake. That is the kinda interview I want with Kaz, the interviewrs should be really tough on him this time, and ask why he refuses to communicate with the community. Watch him laugh it off though.

Yes I really wait for the first one to come up and get the Chance to ask him the uncomfortable questions about why there is no Kind of communication with the fanbase, or what are the Problems with the DLC's and Statements made before the release of the game. etc...

I swear I can even imagine to the question about the community this reply would come from him" Oh really no communication? I didn't know that, that's something we will look into in the future, we working on it to find new ways of communication" :lol::lol::lol:

Yes I really wait for the first one to come up and get the Chance to ask him the uncomfortable questions about why there is no Kind of communication with the fanbase, or what are the Problems with the DLC's and Statements made before the release of the game. etc...

I swear I can even imagine to the question about the community this reply would come from him" Oh really no communication? I didn't know that, that's something we will look into in the future, we working on it to find new ways of communication" :lol::lol::lol:
Yes. That right there is excatly how I predict he'll say as well. :lol:

I wouldn't be too surprised if they abandon this game soon, it's happened with other games. Mx vs Atv Alive was abandoned and killed off by THQ, it was basically half a game at release and they were going to have you buy the supercross series later, well they released 2 of about 10 tracks and abandoned it. That game was a micro transaction experiment that went bad, it was $39.99 at release but everything cool was DLC, I spent another $40 on bikes, gear, graphics, and tracks only to have it abandoned in less than a year. The servers are still open though.

Yeah, but THQ were having alot of financial problems and subsequently went bust. This isn't the situation with PD or Sony. GT6 may not have sold as much as other GT's but the figures are still quite respectable. Just not as much as you would expect from a GT game. But PD have themselves to blame for the patch nightmare and broken promises of GT5. They lost the faith of alot of customers. Even the huge number of updates was a little too late for some gamers who had already moved on from it, and it has come back to bite them with GT6's less than projected sales. They still made a killing from GT5 and the glorified demo that is GT5: prologue. GT5 looked like a blip and GT6 was the game to get PD back on track. Yet I get the feeling now that GT6 was PD's half hearted apology note to fans who felt let down by GT5. It hasn't worked out, as the sales haven't been overwhelming on a now last-gen system. As a result I don't think GT6 has been abandoned, but I just don't think we will receive all the promised features or even some of the features missing from GT5. You can only beat a dead horse so many times. I guess Sony/PD feel even dlc will bring back only diminishing returns for GT6

PD really have to work harder if they want to win some fans back. GT6's disappointing sales should be a wake up call. Alas, they are living in their own world!

If GT6 has been abandoned or PD has refocused most of their resources on GT7, I for one will not be rushing out to buy a PS4 and said game. Already did that with a PS2 for GT3 and PS3 for GT5P and GT5.
Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice... Having said that I did pre order the Signature Edition of GT5 and Collectors Edition of GT6. Not gonna happen again.

True indeed, because he likes to make lot's of promises and not fulfill them. At. All.

Yep! It just baffles me why?! Either he is always just optimistic and really thinks he can deliver all that, or he just likes to boost the Hype to sell the game... I don't know because in the end everything matters is the $$$ they make. In the end everybody of PD has the rent to pay.

Yep! It just baffles me why?! Either he is always just optimistic and really thinks he can deliver all that, or he just likes to boost the Hype to sell the game... I don't know because in the end everything matters is the $$$ they make. In the end everybody of PD has the rent to pay.
I'm pretty sure is this one, especially after he said he will add the features in future updates... But luckily, GT6 didn't sell all that well. Kaz and PD must be butthurt about it and went hiding to work on GT7, as if that game will save them. I'll laugh so hard if GT7P only sells 5k to 10k. :lol:

I'm pretty sure is this one, especially after he said he will add the features in future updates... But luckily, GT6 didn't sell all that well. Kaz and PD must be butthurt about it and went hiding to work on GT7, as if that game will save them. I'll laugh so hard if GT7P only sells 5k to 10k. :lol:

Yes it would be a pretty reasonable explaination! I mean GT6 really sold low compared to the former ones, also it got really quiet around it since then. The Price droped so quick like I rarely saw a AAA game after such short time period.
Probably they are really now focused on GT7p to deliver a proper working game with a massive step in graphics and sounds to get all the Attention and Hype again. Because GT lost really alot of Reputation I see it among my friends but also everywhere on the Forums, not only here.

Yes it would be a pretty reasonable explaination! I mean GT6 really sold low compared to the former ones, also it got really quiet around it since then. The Price droped so quick like I rarely saw a AAA game after such short time period.
Probably they are really now focused on GT7p to deliver a proper working game with a massive step in graphics and sounds to get all the Attention and Hype again. Because GT lost really alot of Reputation I see it among my friends but also everywhere on the Forums, not only here.
Trust me. GT7P can have the most beautifullest graphics in history, but not even that won't save it. Kaz and PD are pretty much losing, like you said, their reputation. Even trust from fans worldwide, but even more due to GT6. And them getting the sounds right? Nah, that's not Kaz's problem, he won't care.

Trust me. GT7P can have the most beautifullest graphics in history, but not even that won't save it. Kaz and PD are pretty much losing, like you said, their reputation. Even trust from fans worldwide, but even more due to GT6. And them getting the sounds right? Nah, that's not Kaz's problem, he won't care.

Yes I agree, haha true.... very optimistic from me to say they get the sounds right.... I doubt it's gonna even happen in GT7P. But still got hopes, if not I lost all my faith because after GT6 I hardly buy another GT on release.

Anyways I hope they get their wake up call soon if not games like pCARS Assetto Corsa Forza etc gonna take over.
For the fact that they do communicate on the daily Basis to their fans, they listen they do community Events, even ask fans for what cars they'd like in the game.

The official Forums are very active, that attracts People to be a part of the community Close to the People who develope actually the game, to feel kinda involved into developement.

Thats something GT cannot offer at all and pulls the People away.

Yes I agree, haha true.... very optimistic from me to say they get the sounds right.... I doubt it's gonna even happen in GT7P. But still got hopes, if not I lost all my faith because after GT6 I hardly buy another GT on release.

Anyways I hope they get their wake up call soon if not games like pCARS Assetto Corsa Forza etc gonna take over.
For the fact that they do communicate on the daily Basis to their fans, they listen they do community Events, even ask fans for what cars they'd like in the game.

The official Forums are very active, that attracts People to be a part of the community Close to the People who develope actually the game, to feel kinda involved into developement.

Thats something GT cannot offer at all and pulls the People away.
Agreed with everything you said my friend. I was also surprised by that open letter by Dan @mister dog linked. Seeing Kaz do that, will be nothing more but a dream...

Also, nothing wrong with hoping for better sounds in GT7P. I'll be honest with you, even I'm hoping for the best. However, it's rather low. Haha. :)

Agreed with everything you said my friend. I was also surprised by that open letter by Dan @Vagabond

Also, nothing wrong with hoping for better sounds in GT7P. I'll be honest with you, even I'm hoping for the best. However, it's rather low. Haha. :)

Yup rather low but still there... haha. Well let's see what time brings I'm pretty sure on the Major gaming Events this year we gonna hear more and the latest date to see something new gonna be may for the Senna Content hopefully...

@Vagabond haha you see there can be also peaceful People around here, but don't be mad the People who calling for warnings and bans be around sooner than you think as you know :D

None of that answered my question. I very much appreciate what Kaz did with GT1 but what I asked is if Kaz had left after that first game, what would we have missed in the following games? Give me some specific examples. If someone else just took it on and continued on with the same formula but did donthing new, had no 'vision', what would we have missed out on?

Nobody can answer this then? All this talk about his vision and nobody can tell me what we'd miss without it post GT1?

Yup rather low but still there... haha. Well let's see what time brings I'm pretty sure on the Major gaming Events this year we gonna hear more and the latest date to see something new gonna be may for the Senna Content hopefully...
My fingers are crossed. Well. One of them are crossed. :D

Nobody can answer this then? All this talk about his vision and nobody can tell me what we'd miss without it post GT1?
I know one. . . . . GT-Rs. Hey, I tried. :lol:

I'll interject here and say that while Kaz leaving the series after GT1 would in no way have turned it into some sort of supercar fest nonsense with only a few dozen cars (since GT1 was no closer to that than GT6 is now), GT2 laid framework for the series nearly as much as GT1 did (especially if it had released as originally planned); and the series certainly would be a lot less ambitious if Kaz left after the first game instead of after the second.

I'll interject here and say that while Kaz leaving the series after GT1 would in no way have turned it into some sort of supercar fest nonsense with only a few dozen cars (since GT1 was no closer to that than GT6 is now), GT2 laid framework for the series nearly as much as GT1 did (especially if it had released as originally planned); and the series certainly would be a lot less ambitious if Kaz left after the first game instead of after the second.
I can't speak about the early series since I joined in late, but perhaps what they need was a little less ambition...since they don't seem capable of delivering on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back