Has GT6 been abandoned by PD?

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 935 comments

Do you think GT6 has been Abandoned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
will we get something from PD this week???? its april already!!!!

Yes, a whole lot of nothing.

Personally, i'm not 100% on whether they have given up on the core of the game but I do think they are stuck and don't really know what to do with it. All I know is that it's been 3 weeks since I touched the game, and no amount of yawn inducing GT-R Nismo/Senna/Vision GT related content will snap me out of it. Gran Turismo needs revolution, not evolution.

Yes, a whole lot of nothing.

Personally, i'm not 100% on whether they have given up on the core of the game but I do think they are stuck and don't really know what to do with it. All I know is that it's been 3 weeks since I touched the game, and no amount of yawn inducing GT-R Nismo/Senna/Vision GT related content will snap me out of it. Gran Turismo needs revolution, not evolution.
We don't need more "content" (in fact, I'd be happy to delete a few hundred of the duped/dull cars from the roster if it meant faster loading), we need fixed features/more features. If the next update is more cars/videos, I'm giving up.

BWX
It takes no "crew" for any seasonal anything. It takes not one half a brain for that crap.

And there you may have pinpointed how much PD is actually caring about GT6. At least how it looks from the consumer side.

Yeah the online seasonals and "events" is the biggest fail in gt history (or one big one of many fails). They could do so much with online SP events, and also online MP events and championships like GT5p. Yet they do nothing. Stupid "superlap" crap. Snooze-fest.. boring, dumb, infuriating.

Basically there's so much they could do, yet they choose to do nothing.

PD and KAZ suck so bad. I cannot wait till i see them go out of business for good. That'll show that arrogant ****.

Don't know if PD abandoned GT6 yet, but i am sure after reading this thread and the forum, that many fans will abandoned GT, if PD doesn't react.

@BWX
I like those events. Having that said, PD could make them more interesting, if the fans would drive against a developer or an employee from PD. Everyone who beats the developer would get a ingame price. For example a special livery. I know Turn10 does that and they have a livery editor. In GT this price would be more special, because the game doesn't have a livery editor.

Last edited:
will we get something from PD this week???? its april already!!!!

Rumors say, that we will get a new awesome Trailer, announcing the presentation of the next coming Vision Car for July or September or Oktober or "soon...".

You see: PD is working for customers!

PD may be a company that doesn't really communicate with their fans, but that doesn't mean they don't care about them. If you ask me, it's just another sign they're busy working their butts off making GT6 the best they can make it before moving on to the PS4 and making the best game they can there.
I sure hope this is the case. As much as I'd love to see a PS4 game, even a Prologue, a Prologue wouldn't be much of a game. GT6 could be freaking huge if PD would implement those community features. And in particular, a comprehensive Event Maker and Course Maker II. That would be enough to keep us busy until GT7 came along, but it would be an even sweeter deal if they would add in Race Mod and a Livery Editor. If they at least expanded the single player events and ungimped Arcade Mode, that would be something. I raced Arcade events on tracks I made in GT5 for more than a year.

GT6 is a great foundation. PD just needs to deliver the rest of the stuff they sold us.

I thought GT5 was the foundation, and GT5 Prologue before that? How many foundation games are we going to get exactly? GT1 is/was the 'foundation', everything after that should have been bigger and better. Time and console limitations are no excuse, plenty of other developers manage it. There is no excuse for standing still or even worse going backwards in terms of design, structure and features.

I really really hope they have most of their resources focused on GT7.
PS3 is history, PS4 is today and coming years. I dont know how many are like me that never bought GT6 but i hope many so they understand that GT7 on ps4 is really wanted. We (or i if i am alone) never believed in gt6 as a ps3 game. So i feel happy if they dropped it as much as possible to give us the real next version in the series. If GT6 owners are not patient then neither am i waiting for GT7. And if they hold or delay GT7 because of GT6 then they will loose
even more trust as a gamecompany. So for the sake of the future i hope GT6 is quickly forgotten if they cant fix it now. (Of course, can they do both things without dealys then all will be happy and trust will be restored).

It is pretty disappointing. I am just hoping that they fix online and give us our community features.

Abandoning GT6 to rush GT7 out to satiate the people who were fixated on a PS4 release beyond rational thought is far more of a Lose/Lose than actually finishing what they started with GT6.
I hope not they rush out gt7 as negative but if they rush it out as a
complete game but not with features that are not so important for driving (coursemaker, datalogger, museums or whatever else is not needed to start driving) then rushing it out is fine for me.
I also think GT6 at some point will be completed with the features they announced but in what condition or which time is not clear. And i feel it is better to stall those if they in any way delay GT7. I think when GT7 is out and its nice then GT6 will not be so interresting. That is perhaps what PD hopes to.

Last edited:
Don't know if PD abandoned GT6 yet, but i am sure after reading this thread and the forum, that many fans will abandoned GT, if PD doesn't react.

@BWX
I like those events. Having that said, PD could make them more interesting, if the fans would drive against a developer or an employee from PD. Everyone who beats the developer would get a ingame price. For example a special livery. I know Turn10 does that and they have a livery editor. In GT this price would be more special, because the game doesn't have a livery editor.
And that is just one example of ten thousand cool things they could do with an online event/ championship creator.. by the devs and other players.

That's what's so frustrating, and infuriating about the situation.

oh well. I have a sweet gaming rig now, and a sim rig/ wheel, etc.. Plenty to do on PC. I just ran my own little Sepang F1 race, 100% distance with REAL ai.. Not the best, but hey, better than GT ai, they don't let you win on purpose.

I really should be able to do something somewhat similar in GT6 with road car, or race cars.. But no, not even one endurance race in the entire game.. Ug.. I dunno.. I gave up on PD.

I'm surprised after only delivering a partial game with half the features that were announced as content but never actually there that anyone would be gushing over GT7. If it stays as is, Poliphony have lost their integrity and it'd be doubtful GT7 will have anything on the disc. After this fiasco, how COULD you trust it to have what they say it'll have? Hell, even as GT6 is presently, it's worth the few dollars it costs and if they had not announced and advertised features that don't exist and only what was actually THERE they'd not be in this mess. Sure, people might say "Well, there could be more but still I enjoyed it" (Good example of this in a game was Mafia2. Great game but could have been longer.) but still they wouldn't be saying they got ripped off, Kaz lied, etc. Bottom line is we are starting to accept uncomplete produscts, like Forza shipping also and needing most of the game added after you got it. Could you imagine if they messed up and the rest of the game wasn't ready? As it appears to have happened with GT6?

Also, in PC simracing currently, for a few YEARS people have been buying into beta's and still awaiting release and IF any of these new vaunted sims turn out to be crap, well, the people that bought them have no one to blame but themselves.

We can blame Poliphony and they deserve it but we can also blame the current status quo of what people accept as "okay". We've become such an instant gratification society that we can't even wait for games/sims to be finished and the corporations are quite happy to take advantage of this and take our money while doing it. I know it makes mne old (because I am, lol.) but just what is so wrong about waiting for a game/sim to actually be FINISHED before handing over the money for it? Really, the acceptance of buying unfinished products is why we are where we are. I admit I myself got caught this time (I also got rFactor2 though currently uninstalled but have faith one day, some day, it will be released properly.) and usually wait until the next version is out before buying the current one so also have no one but myself to blame.

I do still love GT6, and just having proper physics (well better than the undriveability of GT5.) is enough for me. the problem though is it is LESS than GT5 was because of the promised but undelivered content and I got used to the extra features of GT5. Angry? No. I'm not hopping up and down mad like many, but I am disappointed. I can't afford a PS4 and I can't afford to just brush off a partial game and buy the next generation hoping it might be complete while knowing from the precedent we the customer have now set that it MIGHT have 1/3 of the promised game or less.

1st April... Tuesday, usually day of updates... And still nothing... 3 weeks from the latest update... And 1 month from last car addition... So, after they don't give us the promised tracks, now they also stop to give us promised monthly new car content...
Lot of broken promises here... I hope Easter come fast, so I can get moneys from grandparents and uncles for my Laurea (still have to see my family) to purchase the new PC and I'll lead to simPCs... At least, SRW and Assetto Corsa give new tracks and cars sometimes and in SRW there are online championships to compete on...

I haven't played gt6 since january. I keep checking this forum for news but it has been very quiet.

I think they are trying to do too much with to little resources. The. Again that's their own fault. As soon as something interesting comes along I'll check it out, but I am not going to actively wait for it.

It can also be a question of age. I have been playing gt since the first one. Driving in time trail to setup my cars has been my favorite thing, however I've lost my interest somewhat. Even with bathurst and other new tracks and cars I couldn't be bothered anymore. I'm 31 now... Maybe I'm just gettig older.

I'm really disappointed.

With a lack of DLC, no recent Goodwood or Moon challenges. & limited to only to some seasonal updates. PD has most likely focusing more on the PS4 GT7 prologue project. It still surprises me why seasonal challenges are still active & updated on GT5 even if the servers will be taken down in a month, I don't see why to even bother?

I'm sure GT7 will flap. I mean why wouldn't it, PD is literally pissing on their fans anyway sooo. :sly: And yes, they need to finish GT6 first if they want fans to buy their next game.

Yup but currently it just seems like they don't really do it or they do just damn slow and like to give us no info... :D

I wonder if Jordan has any opportunity to contact somebody who has first Hand info...

All the wondering makes me tired...

Yup but currently it just seems like they don't really do it or they do just damn slow and like to give us no info... :D

I wonder if Jordan has any opportunity to contact somebody who has first Hand info...

All the wondering makes me tired...
I feel that due to GT7, GT6 is not getting the attention it needs. But it shouldn't excuse PD to not communicate about it, so annoying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back