Has GT6 been abandoned by PD?

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 935 comments

Do you think GT6 has been Abandoned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As each day passes with no updates for GT6 I'm getting more annoyed with PD as they've once again let the community down. First GT5 was late and a disappointment. Then came GT6 and the chance of redemption but no, again they deliver a half finished game, less features than GT5 and with the promise of updates which are then not forthcoming in good time. After all these years, how can the AI in a racing game be so bad but the stars in the night sky are correctly located? To be honest I'm beyond caring as I've discovered PC racing games and think they're far far superior to anything on consoles. I certainly won't be buying a PS4 for GT7. The only way I see that I will ever buy GT7 is if I buy a PS4 somewhere down the line, when it is much cheaper, and I buy GT7 just for old times sake.

Also, in PC simracing currently, for a few YEARS people have been buying into beta's and still awaiting release and IF any of these new vaunted sims turn out to be crap, well, the people that bought them have no one to blame but themselves.
There is no 'IF' here. When you buy into let's say Assetto Corsa or pCARS you get exactly what you pay for: early access to an alpha/beta version of a game. They never mislead you by implying it's finished. And it can't ever be a surprise (crap or not) after release, because you already played it before release and know exactly wether it's crap or not.

It's exactly the opposite of selling a game as finished and then not including features mentioned on the box and a large part broken or not well thought out.

There is no 'IF' here. When you buy into let's say Assetto Corsa or pCARS you get exactly what you pay for: early access to an alpha/beta version of a game. They never mislead you by implying it's finished. And it can't ever be a surprise (crap or not) after release, because you already played it before release and know exactly wether it's crap or not.

It's exactly the opposite of selling a game as finished and then not including features mentioned on the box and a large part broken or not well thought out.

And this is why Project Cars will succeed and GT will disappeared ;) !

Fanbase: Were are our updates and promised features?
KAZ: *laughs*
That's all Kaz is good for. To laugh. Let's see him laugh when pCARS shows up at E3 and releases. Imagine one day Kaz is being interviewed and the interviewer tells him about how he feels about pCARS.

Interviewer: So Mr. Yamauchi. What is your response to Project CARS? Do you think or feel its above the GT franchise?

Kaz: What's Project CARS? A new Forza game?... Ha.

Interviewer: Oh yeah that's right. You don't care about the competition, figures...

:lol::lol::lol:

I don't know if GT6 has been abandoned, but I really think there should be a few new cars introduced to keep things exciting. Comparing GT5 vs GT6 I think completely new cars that aren't 1,000,000 credits would be nice. Infinity, Chevy, old school BMW's, and hopefully Porsche would be nice. I think I'm losing interest because its the same cars day in and day out.

And this is why Project Cars will succeed and GT will disappeared ;) !
That depends on whether Ian Bell behaves himself with the online temper tantrums and threats of lawsuits. And of course if it's any good when it comes out obviously.

When you start adding up all the missing features and broken promises with people starting to mod the game more and more it makes you start thinking of a different question. How long before I abandon GT6?

My disgust with Forza is near infamous at this point, but at the least I know Greenbucks will do what he says (even if most of what he says is crap) and will not tolerate people modding the game in any way. Kaz on the other hand seems to do very little of what he says and evidently is willing to tolerate the modding. Crazy that GT6 and all it's promise has actually got me considering Forza again. :boggled::confused::crazy::eek:

As for Project Cars. I'm still just refusing to allow myself to get in any way excited by it's coming. Still half believe it won't ever make it to market for the consoles. But they are a wildcard that could (emphasis on could) change the game for both PD and T10. Something needs to force them both out of the arrogant corporate giant attitude they've developed and back to the business of trying to make the ultimate console simulation based racing game. Which is something they both used to do very well.

To be honest I can still go another three or four months without a car pack, because there are still so many cars I haven't actually been able to race because there aren't any events designed for them to take part in.

Over the past ten years I've really grown to appreciate the sheer multitude of events that GT4 had. Pinnacle of the series for me, you could play it for years without getting everything done.

Same website is talking about the first payed DLC that will be coming on 10th of April.
It will include:
Toyota GT-One Road Version (TS020) 1998
Toyota SUPRA RZ 1997
Lamborghini Veneno 2013
Ferrari LaFerrari 2013
Koenigsegg One:1 2014
Subaru Vision Gran Turismo Concept 2013 (free)

They are telling the same story- the info was leaked on the GT site, then was erased.

April 1st... what a sad day. =)

Same website is talking about the first payed DLC that will be coming on 10th of April.
It will include:
Toyota GT-One Road Version (TS020) 1998
Toyota SUPRA RZ 1997
Lamborghini Veneno 2013
Ferrari LaFerrari 2013
Koenigsegg One:1 2014
Subaru Vision Gran Turismo Concept 2013 (free)

They are telling the same story- the info was leaked on the GT site, then was erased.

April 1st... what a sad day. =)

Don't buy , BOYCOTT BOYCOTT !!!

c46c5-simpsonsaprilfools.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back