Has GT6 been hacked already?

Hybrid/hacked cars are a good thing in my opinion, they help the GT franchise grow and include more community wanted tuning features, without he hybrid cars made in GT5 you can guarantee we wouldn't have got the wing removal feature in GT6.

Of course there are bad sides to it, people can troll lobbies with insane HP cars, and be deceitful in racing leagues by tuning outside parameter limits. But this can already be done to certain extent without hacking the game anyways.

Also this guys YouTube channel has some nice videos of hybrid cars he created for people that want to see them in action.
https://www.youtube.com/user/jannepanne1983
You can't troll a lobby with insane HP cars unless the host has no HP limit on the room. Limit it to the highest HP car available, the X1, and problem solved. Or limit it to the highest HP car you want to see on the track..whatever works.

You can't troll a lobby with insane HP cars unless the host has no HP limit on the room. Limit it to the highest HP car available, the X1, and problem solved. Or limit it to the highest HP car you want to see on the track..whatever works.
Of course, I just used that example as it's the most widely used one for people against hacking, to me I see no difference in someone trolling a lobby with a hacked car and someone driving on track in reverse etc, which is why I said all the negative sides of hacking/hybrids can be done to a certain extent anyways.

Hybrid/hacked cars are a good thing in my opinion, they help the GT franchise grow and include more community wanted tuning features, without he hybrid cars made in GT5 you can guarantee we wouldn't have got the wing removal feature in GT6.

Of course there are bad sides to it, people can troll lobbies with insane HP cars, and be deceitful in racing leagues by tuning outside parameter limits. But this can already be done to certain extent without hacking the game anyways.

Also this guys YouTube channel has some nice videos of hybrid cars he created for people that want to see them in action.
https://www.youtube.com/user/jannepanne1983

That is @JK83 's Youtube channel.

I thought the insane-HP cars were able to bypass HP regulations because they were so powerful, the game couldn't recognize or calculate the number.

I thought the insane-HP cars were able to bypass HP regulations because they were so powerful, the game couldn't recognize or calculate the number.

That was with PP restrictions in GT5. After a certain point, the PP calculation would begin to have a reverse effect, meaning you could have negative PP cars (thus, they could enter any PP restricted race). HP restrictions still worked.

Can we just get a Secret Menu going so I can adjust FOV and use the vaunted Opponent Selector? With the loss of "distinction" between Premium and Standard cars we should now be able to create our own 'what-if' scenarios/races using the entire car roster. Thats right, there was an Opponent Selector in GT5's sssh-menu. :banghead:

I want. To create. My own races.

Seriously, there is DUST on my GT6. Does dust even form in 4 months?

Last edited:
Cape_Ring_Periphery_2.png

:lol:

From what I've seen, all of the hacking is done on custom PS3 firmware(jailbroken). 95% of these people don't go online because they respect online racing enough not to do it. There are a few select that apparently don't care, and some of those have already been reported to PD. The only thing that will stop these people are mandatory firmware updates for the PS3 that will slow them down enough for PD to fix the problem for online. If GT6 turns into the hackfest that GT5 is now, I will be retiring the game and possibly the series.

Most of, if not all, the jailbroken PS3s can not go online.

Most of, if not all, the jailbroken PS3s can not go online.
If they hack the firmware to read as the current version, it will allow them to update the game, access PSN, and use online game features. The people who don't update their firmware are the ones that can't access it.

PD should be quite capable of eliminating hacked cars from appearing online. Tuning makes things more complicated but they could do a simple hash comparison of the player base car with values on a server (or even just the room host) which would eliminate things like engine and chassis swaps.

But just add this to the things that PD can do but chooses to ignore.

Wow, that kind of reminds me of something I seen on Car Town once. :lol: Seeing what has been done here, I have a feeling we will have even more options than we did in GT5 on terms of modding. I certainly look forward to it if it ever comes for OFW users such as myself. I hope it doesn't get patched before this though.

My biggest obsession in GT5 was putting dirt and snow tires on any car so I could literally drive any car on dirt and snow, that was a lot of fun for me. If I can do just that, I will be happy. :) Of course, like in GT5, I will keep them offline. ;) Never cared too much for online racing anyway.

Back