Has Laguna Seca just been leaked?

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 541 comments
- Does that mean it's not coming on then?
- James, they just released a trailer and a whole article about update and there's no mentions of it. No, it's not coming.

69542c95eef641817847c3e696325348.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

See, I believe LS will appear tomorrow. Why? Because if the video description is a misconception, it could quickly be fixed. But PD and Sony have not yet fixed the description.

Why didn't Sony or PD edit it? Because it doesn't have to!

Several days ago the information has been there and has not been corrected. Certainly in Monaco it was commented backstage that in the SuperGT video promised the addition on November 28th. And nothing was done against it.

It's easier the trailer is wrong. Perhaps the decision to add LS occurred after the trailer was produced.

Editing a text is easier than editing a video.

Last edited:
See, I believe LS will appear tomorrow. Why? Because if the video description is a misconception, it could quickly be fixed. But PD and Sony have not yet fixed the description.

Why didn't Sony or PD edit it? Because it doesn't have to!

Several days ago the information has been there and has not been corrected. Certainly in Monaco it was commented backstage that in the SuperGT video promised the addition on November 28th. And nothing was done against it.

It's easier the trailer is wrong. Perhaps the decision to add LS occurred after the trailer was produced.

Editing a text is easier than editing a video.

Read the description...

Read the description...

Oh, man! They changed the text now. :(. A few hours ago I had read:

"Laguna Seca Raceway coming to Gran Turismo Sport on November 28th, 2019. Tucked away in one of the most picturesque regions of America’s west coast, Laguna Seca Raceway is located about 190 km south of San Francisco in the state of California. The historic track was founded officially in 1957, but its roots are firmly embedded in the Pebble Beach Road Races that began in 1950. It has hosted everything from IndyCar races to the World Superbike Championships, and features the most famous S-curve in the world: the Corkscrew."

The hope is gone.

It was too good to be true.

Last edited:
Oh, man! They changed the text now. :(. A few hours ago I had read:

"Laguna Seca Raceway coming to Gran Turismo Sport on November 28th, 2019. Tucked away in one of the most picturesque regions of America’s west coast, Laguna Seca Raceway is located about 190 km south of San Francisco in the state of California. The historic track was founded officially in 1957, but its roots are firmly embedded in the Pebble Beach Road Races that began in 1950. It has hosted everything from IndyCar races to the World Superbike Championships, and features the most famous S-curve in the world: the Corkscrew."

The hope is gone.

It was too good to be true.
They changed the description after reading my comment, obviously.

It's hardly like FM7 has 'standard cars' like GT 5 & 6 or has multiple versions of the same car though.

Quality of Forza's models is still sub-par compared to GT though, they even still re-use models from previous Forza games, whether they're flawed or not.

Best example is the R32;

812.jpg

463.jpg

811.jpg

The proportions are all wrong still to this day, especially the front bumper and headlights look out of place, and what is up with those rims?

NissanSkyline-F3Qtrs9548-KOCH.jpg

Huge fan of the 100% quality aproach, either make something accurate or don't even bother.

Last edited:
Their R34 is garbage too. But saying that by sheer number of models (700+) they have many many many that are spot on.

It's just that the bad ones stand out.

I feel like the R32-R34's are hard for Turn10 given that they are in the US and therefore back in 2011 (or earlier!) that RHD Skylines were hard to get examples of in America.

Obviously not the case for PD.

I feel like the R32-R34's are hard for Turn10 given that they are in the US and therefore back in 2011 (or earlier!) that RHD Skylines were hard to get examples of in America.

That could very much be true.

Ignoring the GT'Rs, There is a Honda NSX in the game that used to look blocky and bad, but Turn 10 managed to update it in FM5 so now it looks accurate. Same goes for the Ferrari F40 and Enzo Ferrari.

There are other cars in the list that needs updating too, but that isn't T10's top priority it seems.

Last edited:
Their R34 is garbage too. But saying that by sheer number of models (700+) they have many many many that are spot on.

It's just that the bad ones stand out.

Yeah yeah. It's not as if the models ingame of GTS weren't low-poly. All that angles on the steering wheel, the headlights or the wheel arch... So yes it's perfect in photo mode, but even in replays it isn't.

i'm disappointed about Laguna seca's delay without any official explanation .. since it was written November 28th by the developer
at this point Laguna Seca when exactly will it arrive on gts?

ZIO
i'm disappointed about Laguna seca's delay without any official explanation .. since it was written November 28th by the developer
No one knows the exact date, but I'd guess Laguna Seca will be added on the December update.

ZIO
Clearly it was a mistake on the Playstation department to have written it in the first place, the date has been removed either way now.

Damn, I was really looking forward to that course, oh well maybe next month or year.

ZIO
It wasn't written by the developer. It was written by someone on the social media team at the developer's publisher. Clearly, as this has been amended, it was an error. People make mistakes.

ZIO
If the trends hold, probably Boxing Day. Maybe Christmas Eve if they want to do before Christmas.

ZIO
Rofl that is why many times it's hard to believe in rumors. They're not always accurate most of the time. :lol:

Regarding the description of the PlayStation video, looks like it was just a miscommunication on their part. The same video was posted on the official Gran Turismo youtube channel but no date was mentioned there.

I was also not told about when it would be released when I was making that track guide.

Ultimately I think it best to simply wait for an official announcement or a tweet from Kaz himself.

Back