Has Laguna Seca just been leaked?

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 541 comments
YES, all aboard the hype train! It's happening!! :cheers:

I expected 30+ days of anticipation. So all of that will be compressed into *checks clock* 127 hours.

8f7185ff-7a34-4f91-accb-17b60a0ab203_text_hi.gif

Definitely will give the Shelby Cobra a spin in Laguna Seca and rocking Team Oreca !
I have fond memories of the american only cars races in Gran Turisno and Laguna Seca was the main track along with Seattle!

Why? It looks like GTS has still quite a bit of life left...

Damn, he's becoming very popular for his GT vids.
I like how people call him Alex Albon :lol:

Usually devs stop supporting game after couple of years even if it is paid DLC. Moreover PS5 is releasing next year and they will want everyone contributing to next game. Especially if they plan to release both on PS4 and PS5

Just realized we got the two of the most fan requested circuits in 2 months. So by this logic next month should be Deep Forest and Silverstone in January?
One can hope...
Silverstone or any other real track, very likely next year. An original track like Deep Forest or Grand Valley, almost no chance. It's pretty clear we won't see a classic GT track on PS4.

Usually devs stop supporting game after couple of years even if it is paid DLC. Moreover PS5 is releasing next year and they will want everyone contributing to next game. Especially if they plan to release both on PS4 and PS5
Well, that's speculation, there's no indication/proof that the updates are going to stop after 2 years and there's no indication/proof that the next GT is going to come the same time as the PS5 release.
This GT (GTS) is a bit "special" because its supposed to be the only one for the PS4 (unlike the previous ones) so it may have extended support
I just realized, this is the first time we’ve had a time variable Laguna Seca in GT. All other games only had one fixed time for the track, in mid-day.
To be honest, I think sunset time is unnecessary. It looks nice and all but its not good for racing as you can not see very well, or not as well as midday

Just realized we got the two of the most fan requested circuits in 2 months. So by this logic next month should be Deep Forest and Silverstone in January?
One can hope...
I made an educated guess in the original tracks thread about future tracks. Silverstone and Laguna Seca were on my most likely to return due to fan requests and FIA completion. I didn’t expect we’d get Laguna Seca so soon (I was thinking December), but I’d be willing to bet come January or so we’ll see Silverstone. The only way I can see Deep Forest or any of the originals happening is as a final goodbye update or in a true Spec 2 released on the PS5 while waiting for the true GT7 to be ready for release.

Nope, GT3 had sunset if I recall correctly
I mean we can now race at different times of day at Laguna Seca, instead of just noon or sunset. And GT3 was at morning not sunset.

I was sure that Deep Forest came in long (from mid '18) period I was without PS4...
But when they said, Spa is coming, ok, then I'll be back too.

Road America + some IndyCar would be so sweat racing candy.
I loved in FM.
Oh yes, I would love Road America, seeing as I’m from that area and have raced it many times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes, I would love Road America, seeing as I’m from that area and have raced it many times.
That's why I want Watkins Glen. I don't do any real world racing but it's the closest track to me and I saw the 2016 6H IMSA race which was a blast

Are you sure there weren't other times of day in GT6? Really?

Last edited by a moderator:
I made an educated guess in the original tracks thread about future tracks. Silverstone and Laguna Seca were on my most likely to return due to fan requests and FIA completion. I didn’t expect we’d get Laguna Seca so soon (I was thinking December), but I’d be willing to bet come January or so we’ll see Silverstone. The only way I can see Deep Forest or any of the originals happening is as a final goodbye update or in a true Spec 2 released on the PS5 while waiting for the true GT7 to be ready for release.

After Spa and Laguna Seca, it seems almost inevitable that Silverstone will appear eventually. However, I think it is more likely to appear around one of the World Tour events next year.

I personally think next year will run similar to this year, with a low key track in early 2020 (equivalent to Route X, maybe a new original track e.g. Colorado Springs road course), allowing time for other stuff to be finished. Followed by a "real" track Spring into Summer. I wouldn't be very surprised if Silverstone appeared around the time of the grand prix in July.

In the meantime, I'm more than happy with Laguna Seca, Spa and Spa wet, which should provide inspiration for new GT League races for a while.

Now we know Laguna Seca is coming next week, although we don't know what cars are coming (other than the Jaguar VGT), we can start the monthly game of "guess the new GT league races".

If it is 7 races again, like last month, the endurance race will inevitably be at Laguna Seca.

With the races last month including dry Spa only, this month I think the other 6 races would be Spa wet and Laguna Seca. I think the 2 beginner races will be in Rotary event, especially with the Mazda partnership just being announced. I foresee 2, I think, in the VGT event, (whichever the Jaguar is eligible for), the Amateur races might be in the Midship event or 4WD event and I think will depend on whatever other cars are released this month (assuming there are some).

Back