Has Laguna Seca just been leaked?

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 541 comments
Maybe Kaz has been too busy to post a silhouette (or has forgotten).

For whatever reason (probably the very important finals of the World Tour plus Hamilton plus Mazda concept plus Lambo Lambo VGT plus etc) we didn't get a silhouette before the weekend.

If he and the rest of the PD crew flew out of France Monday evening (at the earliest) he wouldn't get back to Japan till 12+8=20 hours later due to time difference which is pretty much Tuesday night in Japanese time. So, if anything, Wednesday morning might be the first real chance he's had to post it. Plus I'm assuming that the silhouette is fed to him by a member of the team and maybe that person hasn't had time to make it yet for the same reasons.

Or he has forgotten due to so many other things going on (remember, that seemed to happen once before).

Or we are only getting the Jaguar VGT (which I doubt).

Whichever of the above is correct, it's not like we have long to wait to find out when the update goes live.

Plus, as mentioned above, any new cars should appear on the Playstation store tomorrow anyway.

I'm sure we can all find a way to survive somehow until then... :D

We dont know if Laguna Seca is coming this month
You sure about that?
Screenshot_2019-11-22-17-44-421.png

Literally the video's description says November 28.

I think it's a valid complaint!!
A video game should have cars you'll never get the chance to drive in real life. That being said, lambos and Ferraris and are out of my price range.
But what about cars that are super rare? A tucker torpedo would fit that bill.
Also, I don't really care that I'm off 217 cars. (Duplicates anyone) quality over quantity sounds nice, can you give proof that that's the case? Compared to what?
I don't see what's wrong with someone wanting one of there favorite game franchises to live up to its potential, and being frustrated that it really, really doesn't any many ways.
I think it's great that so many people are easily placated... I guess I just don't appreciate things.

I was wrong about the update and Laguna. Didn't think anything was going to happen this month.

Not really bothered with the cars. Can't remember the last time I was excited about a car update anyway.

That being said, I wonder if this update *technically* includes the GR.4 Supra? It of course won't be available until the 16th, but it would be odd if they did another content update in two weeks. It could also end up in a maintenance update but we'll never know.

I think it's a valid complaint!!
A video game should have cars you'll never get the chance to drive in real life. That being said, lambos and Ferraris and are out of my price range.
But what about cars that are super rare? A tucker torpedo would fit that bill.
Also, I don't really care that I'm off 217 cars. (Duplicates anyone) quality over quantity sounds nice, can you give proof that that's the case? Compared to what?
I don't see what's wrong with someone wanting one of there favorite game franchises to live up to its potential, and being frustrated that it really, really doesn't any many ways.
I think it's great that so many people are easily placated... I guess I just don't appreciate things.
I've started a new game for my 31st time. My garage only has the MX-5 '15, Mazda Demio '15, Gr.3&Gr.4 Atenza(Mazda contract) and 787B. This time, I'm "playing" the game as if the MX-5 and Demio are my real life cars and I'm driving for a Mazda team. The 787B isn't "mine", I've just been asked to drive it at the Le Mans classic this week(for the Daily Races). ;)
I was wrong about the update and Laguna. Didn't think anything was going to happen this month.

Not really bothered with the cars. Can't remember the last time I was excited about a car update anyway.

That being said, I wonder if this update *technically* includes the GR.4 Supra? It of course won't be available until the 16th, but it would be odd if they did another content update in two weeks. It could also end up in a maintenance update but we'll never know.
We will know. By tomorrow afternoon and on December 16. 👍

I don't think they would announce that it's in the update if we're not supposed to get it until the 16th, but who knows.
That's why I'm saying we'll literally know by Thursday. It's possible we could get the Supra if there is a multi car update. The Nurb 24 livery could be an extra car.

If we don't get the Supra this possible update, then we at least we know we get a Supra with the N24 livery. Now, does that mean we get two Supras, one in a base livery and one with the N24 livery? On the 16th, we'll know. :)

The easiest way to know is by looking at the allowed cars list of Group 4 Cup after the update hits. If the Supra is there, it's technically distribution-ready.

That's why I'm saying we'll literally know by Thursday. It's possible we could get the Supra if there is a multi car update. The Nurb 24 livery could be an extra car.

If we don't get the Supra this possible update, then we at least we know we get a Supra with the N24 livery. Now, does that mean we get two Supras, one in a base livery and one with the N24 livery? On the 16th, we'll know. :)
I don't see why we'd get anything related to that Supra prior to the 16th if that's when PD said we'd be getting it, but just my opinion.

From reading the page, it doesn't sound like the livery is separate from the car. It sounds like the name of the livery that comes with the car (like how the BMW gr3 has a team Walkenhorst livery).
"Reward Details
Toyota GR Supra (Nürburgring 24 Hours Race 2019 Livery) Gr.4 category car for use in Gran Turismo Sport."

Ultimately I was just speculating on why there may not be cars in the update apart from the Jag. They could add the code to the update and not announce/release it until the 16th.

I don't see why we'd get anything related to that Supra prior to the 16th if that's when PD said we'd be getting it, but just my opinion.

From reading the page, it doesn't sound like the livery is separate from the car. It sounds like the name of the livery that comes with the car (like how the BMW gr3 has a team Walkenhorst livery).
"Reward Details
Toyota GR Supra (Nürburgring 24 Hours Race 2019 Livery) Gr.4 category car for use in Gran Turismo Sport."

Ultimately I was just speculating on why there may not be cars in the update apart from the Jag. They could add the code to the update and not announce/release it until the 16th.
Indeed. I'm speculating as well. It's why I said this in the General Discussion thread
The way the survey is worded, seems clear that it's the car and a gifted livery. However, it's PD. Could indeed be the car this update and livery on the 16th.
Goes with this from the site:
As a 'thank you' for completing this survey, participants will receive a unique 'GR Supra (Nürburgring 24 Hours Race 2019 Livery)' car to use in Gran Turismo Sport.
What about those that don't participate in the survey? Which livery do they get? or don't they get a Supra at all? So, there must be "two" Supras. One with a base livery and one with the N24 livery. Or it could indeed be just one car. Again, we'll see either tomorrow or on the 16th.

Indeed. I'm speculating as well. It's why I said this in the General Discussion thread

Goes with this from the site:

What about those that don't participate in the survey? Which livery do they get? or don't they get a Supra at all? So, there must be "two" Supras. One with a base livery and one with the N24 livery. Or it could indeed be just one car. Again, we'll see either tomorrow or on the 16th.
My understanding was you have to complete the survey to have any access to the car. They use the word "unlock", so I feel like the survey gives you access to the car, but you still have to buy it.

You could be right about the livery, in which case they probably have some base FIA livery for it. But I feel like that page is just badly worded.

My understanding was you have to complete the survey to have any access to the car. They use the word "unlock", so I feel like the survey gives you access to the car, but you still have to buy it.

You could be right about the livery, in which case they probably have some base FIA livery for it. But I feel like that page is just badly worded.
Yes. I too wonder if the Japanese language is more concrete than the English wording.

Even if the website and the trailer doesn't show the track, it might be in the game immediately, just like when Autopolis was revealed earlier this year.
No I really dont think so, all and I repeat all tracks (even Autopolis) have featured in the trailer as part of the DLC.
If it's not featured that means it's not coming.. if I am wrong I will pound some massive pile of sands.

Back