Has Laguna Seca just been leaked?

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 541 comments
Never found it to be an interesting circuit at all, it's got one famous corner and that's it, the rest is very below average. It's great that we keep getting new content, just a shame it's not something completely new.
I agree. I want Trial Mountain and Monaco, then this game is finished.

Track list is pretty good now. I hope PD just shifts the resources for development of new tracks entirely to next-gen so we can get GT7 near PS5 launch window next year.

I wonder what the development split has been between making tracks for GT7 vs making tracks for GTSport considering the nearly monthly content we've gotten is pretty insane for two years now. The tech jump between PS4 to PS5 is going to be even larger than from PS3 to PS4, PD will eventually also have to re-do the assets of current tracks for the PS5 GT.

Whoever leaked this without permission did PD a favor. The element of surprise may be nice for PD, but long-term anticipation is better.
Exactly. I'd really prefer they do it like this, like almost every other game handles it. It's called building up anticipation and hype. I don't think they understand how that works, or their PR team has the wrong priorities.

Also, I smell an American car pack coming...

- Tesla Model S Raven Performance '19 (not the Model S that set the EV lap record, but close enough. Or they could just add the Model 3 Performance '18.)
- Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R '16
- Dodge Viper ACR '17
- Infiniti G35 Coupe '06 or Acura CL 3.2 Type-S '03

Last edited:
If this is true that two real life tracks on the bounce after Spa, I have a question here. Where will the penalty zone be at?

Like I mentioned the other day in the Daily Races thread, the 28th of December's Manufacturer's race has "TBA" at the moment, for not wanting to spoil any surprises more than PD knowing what race to run....I expect the Dry Lagoon to come in the December update myself! :)

Opera Snapshot_2019-11-16_140709_www.gtplanet.net.png

Didn’t this site a few months ago say we was getting Silverstone?
Nope.

We ran an article that used the available evidence - three gaps in the FIA schedule in one ten-race sequence, suggesting a circuit with three variants - to suggest what tracks might be coming, with Silverstone the likeliest (existing GT series track, FIA-graded, five layouts, etc.), but other circuits like Motegi or a new fictional location or layouts at an existing location possible. Turned out to be Sardegna Road, with three variants at an existing location.

Track list is pretty good now. I hope PD just shifts the resources for development of new tracks entirely to next-gen so we can get GT7 near PS5 launch window next year.

I wonder what the development split has been between making tracks for GT7 vs making tracks for GTSport considering the nearly monthly content we've gotten is pretty insane for two years now. The tech jump between PS4 to PS5 is going to be even larger than from PS3 to PS4, PD will eventually also have to re-do the assets of current tracks for the PS5 GT.
I would hope that anything that PD have been producing, be it cars, tracks or anything else for GT Sport will be easily transferred to the next game on the new console. If they haven't been doing that, then they need to have a look at how their organisation is run. :rolleyes:

Anything produced for GT Sport should be the start point for the next anything for the next GT game to build upon imho.

Last edited:

The track modelling is upto PS5 standards. The big leap will be texture quality and higher quality effects. Basically things that can be scaled to the hardware.

Like I mentioned the other day in the Daily Races thread, the 28th of December's Manufacturer's race has "TBA" at the moment, for not wanting to spoil any surprises more than PD knowing what race to run....I expect the Dry Lagoon to come in the December update myself! :)

View attachment 866021

I think I'd agree that we wont be getting the new track (whatever it is) until the December update, because of this, even if we see it next weekend.

November update might still have a wet version of an existing track though - we saw that Tokyo South wet seems pretty advanced due to the wet track glitch.

Not necessarily. After the debacle that was early game development on the PS3 cell processor, Sony (and Microsoft) have learned their lesson. Gone are the days of console architecture being vastly different from PCs, let alone from each other (Sony PlayStation, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, all radically different). Today's game consoles are basically PCs, which is pretty great for everyone involved. The technology will be better obviously, but it won't break continuity with the previous generation, kinda like how you can still play and install 20 year-old games on your computer and they play fine.

In some ways, I can imagine the development of GT Sport going the same way. If they're supporting it so much even today, I don't think it's just because of the live game aspect; instead, I can see its development and budget morphing with the next game in the franchise on the PS5, whether it is an next-gen update or the next "real" Gran Turismo. So while they're working on new assets, new tracks, new cars, they no longer have to wait for the next boxed release, they don't even need to re-do as many assets (again, because the next architecture is very similar to the current one). They can just release them as they see fit, pleasing their fanbase. And when the PS5 comes, a brand new game on a brand new console, then the marketing budget kicks into gear.

But then, what the **** do I know?

Back