Has Laguna Seca just been leaked?

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 541 comments
Track list is pretty good now. I hope PD just shifts the resources for development of new tracks entirely to next-gen so we can get GT7 near PS5 launch window next year.

I wonder what the development split has been between making tracks for GT7 vs making tracks for GTSport considering the nearly monthly content we've gotten is pretty insane for two years now. The tech jump between PS4 to PS5 is going to be even larger than from PS3 to PS4, PD will eventually also have to re-do the assets of current tracks for the PS5 GT.
Do you think that Spa or Laguna Seca won't be in GT7? Every new track is made with next gen in mind. I guess the difference between PS4 and PS5 version of a given track will be better textures, lighting, crowd, grass...
Each month: new track and cars. How many new features (like communities in GT6) or new UI after two years of GTSport? Almost none. Maybe I'm wrong but the absence of new features in GTSport is a sign that Poly is working hard on a new GT. All in all, thanks Poly for one of my favorite track back in GT!

Do you think that Spa or Laguna Seca won't be in GT7? Every new track is made with next gen in mind. I guess the difference between PS4 and PS5 version of a given track will be better textures, lighting, crowd, grass...
Each month: new track and cars. How many new features (like communities in GT6) or new UI after two years of GTSport? Almost none. Maybe I'm wrong but the absence of new features in GTSport is a sign that Poly is working hard on a new GT. All in all, thanks Poly for one of my favorite track back in GT!

The tracks aren't made with tessellation like the cars, so I don't believe GTS tracks are made for next-gen at all. And I'm saying if they do use Spa again for GT7 launch, I'm pretty sure a lot of the assets will be reused, but just in higher-res, and the graphical quality between that and a track built specifically for GT7 will be notable, which is why personally I prefer Polyphony start focusing fully on PS5 assets without PS4 limitiations since we're only a year away from PS5 release. Since PD also likes to do almost everything in-house, there is absolutely no time for them to be creating two different quality of assets for all of these new tracks and have them release almost monthly like they have been doing for two years now.

Spa in GTSport actually still uses the same building models from GT5/6 Spa, so it's definitely not built with next-gen in mind. I'm also pretty certain in next-gen they'll also be able to do proper 3D trees that will be easier to light and have minimal pop-in thanks to the hardware rumored to be in it. Given Polyphony's obsession with graphics, they will probably want to re-do all of the vegetation and tree models given how they look in the current Spa.

Last edited:

haha, yes please!

im so happy that Laguna Seca is coming to GT Sport, it’s a track that I had thought about and hoped for. I’d like even more American tracks, Watkins Glen would be a great addition.

Man, this game is great, I love GT Sport. Like a fine wine it gets better with age. Thanks Kaz and all of the team at Polyphony for their hard work and for delivering this experience to us .

*controversial opinion*
Laguna seca is a mediocre track at best in my personal opinion... Sure it’s nice to get a real world track, one many (for some reason that’s beyond me) have been whining about for years now, but I’d personally would have rather seen a new to the series track, the one that was rumored to be coming hasn’t come yet... Anyway, after the Spa whining, now the Leguna seca whining can stop too at least....
*/controversial opinion*

I wonder when it will show up in the retail version. Spa took like three months after its first public showing. Anyway, November seems too soon after Spa arrived in October. They usually don't throw these real world circuits out left and right.

OOOF confirme ! OMG !

EJhfXAmW4AA4OLH.png

Not necessarily. After the debacle that was early game development on the PS3 cell processor, Sony (and Microsoft) have learned their lesson. Gone are the days of console architecture being vastly different from PCs, let alone from each other (Sony PlayStation, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, all radically different). Today's game consoles are basically PCs, which is pretty great for everyone involved. The technology will be better obviously, but it won't break continuity with the previous generation, kinda like how you can still play and install 20 year-old games on your computer and they play fine.

In some ways, I can imagine the development of GT Sport going the same way. If they're supporting it so much even today, I don't think it's just because of the live game aspect; instead, I can see its development and budget morphing with the next game in the franchise on the PS5, whether it is an next-gen update or the next "real" Gran Turismo. So while they're working on new assets, new tracks, new cars, they no longer have to wait for the next boxed release, they don't even need to re-do as many assets (again, because the next architecture is very similar to the current one). They can just release them as they see fit, pleasing their fanbase. And when the PS5 comes, a brand new game on a brand new console, then the marketing budget kicks into gear.

But then, what the **** do I know?
The quote in your post makes it look like I said it, and I didn't, it was Vspectra. ;)

If they are not creating assets for GT Sport that can also be easily used with minimal work on the next GT on a new console then a new game of any decent size (depth) would be years away imho.

Big if true. Memes aside, I bet this could be home to more rounds within GT League events that feature Gr.3 and/or Gr.1 cars, given its presence in the IMSA Sportscar Championship. Other than that general area, I could see it joining Spa as another round of Real Circuit Tours. It also could end up being another round of the Stars & Stripes Championship.

And since it’s quite possible the X2019 race will take place there, it could be home to an additional round of the X2019 Endurance Series, just like with Spa-Franorchamps and Sardegna A before.

Not to mention that with the Jaguar VGT, another round could be added to either of the respective VGT-focused events, with Laguna Seca being the potential setting for one of the added rounds.

Aside from all that, I wonder when we’ll see new events be added to GT League? I’m seeing a lot of potential, both in regards to returning campaign events from prior GT games, and new ideas for events.

Last edited:
“My wife had our first kid about 4.5 months ago, I haven't played GTS since. I may have to go ahead and give the kid back to the hospital if we get Laguna Seca.” - AcousticDan* on Reddit

Hahahahaha I laughed at that! :lol:

Laguna Seca on Sunset would be so cool! Reminds me of the GT3 days. :bowdown:

Laguna seca would be nice to have back. Forza has over 700 cars! That's about 600 more than GT.
Polyphony should not subtract from GT, only add.
AMC in GT Sport!?

It’s too bad the game containing those hundreds of cars is so poor, at least when compared to GT Sport. I’d take 100 cars in GT Sport (which actually has 300+) over 1k cars in an inferior racing game.

I get the impression that PDI will at least try to bring in the actual (licensed) circuits that were in GT6.

- Silverstone
- Indianapolis
- Daytona
- Motegi
- Ascari

If I had news that a real circuit would debut in the franchise, I would bet on Mugello.
Well, not because it's my wish, but I think it would be easier given Kaz's apparent good relationship with Ferrari.

Also, it is important to note that Michelin acquired the Road Atlanta name rights last year. As such, this may also facilitate transit for PDI to contract with the Road Atlanta administration.

Of course, this is just an exercise in speculation.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back