Has Laguna Seca just been leaked?

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 541 comments
High quality Laguna Seca in GT? As the track was the first real world track in GT, I'd say welcome back old friend.

Polyphony should not subtract from GT, only add.
They tried this. We got standard cars and tracks last gen. People were (rightfully) complaining about the daring inconsistencies. PD responded.

Sometimes, to add something you have to take something else away. We got less cars and tracks, but they're more consistent in quality.

Last edited:
But what about the Rain Conditions for the Tokyo South Loop? They'll add it all together?

See earlier posts in thread. There's NO tba track in the FIA events till 28 December. Which would suggest that the next new track will not come till December update.

I think this month we may well get Tokyo South wet, and then new track (Laguna Seca or not) in December. If that was the case, the updates will have gone wet track (Tokyo), new track (Spa), wet track (Tokyo South), new track. Which looks remarkably like a pre planned grouping to me.

???

GTS has 317 cars

...well, exclude all the imaginary cars and duplicates, then there are those N500 race models and of course VGT (although even VGTs are not real) so car count is pretty low...

Gr.1 12
Gr.2 6
Gr.3 18
Gr.4 3
Gr.B 1
Gr.X 18
Gr.N 147

Last edited:
Whatever tracks are on the current F1 calendar that aren't in this game,
I'd only want good tracks, and not all the current F1 tracks are imho, being in F1 because of money rather than merit of design. And no way would any company who had an official F1 Licence allow that to happen anyway. :rolleyes:
Uhm, maybe NASCAR still not being delivered in the game after 1-2 years already?
Was NASCAR promised? :confused: I get NASCAR is (very) big in America, but the rest of the World, not so much. :rolleyes:

It's beyond me how some people in this thread are saying Laguna Seca is average. I'm not disrespecting that opinion, but I simply don't understand it. The track is like Brands Hatch baked in the oven for 30 minutes and then topped off with some Nordschleife seasoning. What's not to like?

I'm intrigued as to where the leak has come from.

PD are probably getting dragged over the coals a bit for not being able to keep details about their upcoming updates under wraps, nor being able to isolate guilty parties to ensure the community doesn't get made to suffer in various ways for one or a handful of idiots spoiling the surprise.

I kinda want to think that this leak isn't true, but if it is, I'm wondering if the fans will now be made to wait (so to speak) for it to arrive.

I'm intrigued as to where the leak has come from.

PD are probably getting dragged over the coals a bit for not being able to keep details about their upcoming updates under wraps, nor being able to isolate guilty parties to ensure the community doesn't get made to suffer in various ways for one or a handful of idiots spoiling the surprise.

I kinda want to think that this leak isn't true, but if it is, I'm wondering if the fans will now be made to wait (so to speak) for it to arrive.

Someone from one of the discords I'm in got it from a forum over here on gtp. I guess it made its rounds on different discords, then to reddit and now back to here. This is the original link from before it spread- https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachments/61e474fa-36b5-45ec-b7ca-3a460da184a6-jpg.865870/

Uhm, maybe NASCAR still not being delivered in the game after 1-2 years already?
NASCAR license for GT is expired and the company behind NASCAR decided not to license their brand to any game aside from Forza and their official game. It's not PD fault as they have no say for this.

Still waiting for Pikes Peak to which PD has the exclusive license.....
Goddamn. That is the one major thing I honestly kinda pissed about PD. Come on man, you got the license, now please deliver.

Looking forward to Laguna Seca's arrival to GTS.
I am prepared.​
I thought the BMW is on Corkscrew for a second. Thanks for the illusions.

NASCAR license for GT is expired and the company behind NASCAR decided not to license their brand to any game aside from Forza and their official game. It's not PD fault as they have no say for this.
I know. I only mentioned that because someone asked what else more is to complain about the absent content of the game when Spa is already in it.

I wonder what the development split has been between making tracks for GT7 vs making tracks for GTSport considering the nearly monthly content we've gotten is pretty insane for two years now. The tech jump between PS4 to PS5 is going to be even larger than from PS3 to PS4, PD will eventually also have to re-do the assets of current tracks for the PS5 GT.

I don't think PD would be so single minded knowing that they will release the PS5 in another year's time.

Also, I smell an American car pack coming...

- Tesla Model S Raven Performance '19 (not the Model S that set the EV lap record, but close enough. Or they could just add the Model 3 Performance '18.)
- Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R '16
- Dodge Viper ACR '17
- Infiniti G35 Coupe '06 or Acura CL 3.2 Type-S '03

You forgot the Camaro Gr. 4. The ZL1 1LE was a tease of a race machine that really exists & some of us want a replica in the game.

If this is true that two real life tracks on the bounce after Spa, I have a question here. Where will the penalty zone be at?

Could we see more than 1 penalty zone? There are multiple straightaways long enough to facilitate a PZ.

The track modelling is upto PS5 standards. The big leap will be texture quality and higher quality effects. Basically things that can be scaled to the hardware.

Well, just steal my thunder why don't ya. :lol:

i can already picture the amount of dive bombing going into the corkscrew :lol:

Great! That's all I'm going to be thinking of now. :irked:

I’d like even more American tracks, Watkins Glen would be a great addition.

As much as I want WG, if given the option, I'd rather see Sonoma return, especially since NASCAR decided to use the layout with the Carousel.

Still waiting for Pikes Peak to which PD has the exclusive license.....

I would enjoy driving a Raptor up to the clouds.

We have a Winner Folks!! We need NASCAR!! :)

My NASCAR experience in games that don't have NASCAR as the prime experience has been very bad. Maybe I can give GT5 another try now that I have a wheel. But trying to drive those cars on a DS4 left me turned off on the idea.

I get the impression that PDI will at least try to bring in the actual (licensed) circuits that were in GT6.

- Silverstone
- Indianapolis
- Daytona
- Motegi
- Ascari

Also, it is important to note that Michelin acquired the Road Atlanta name rights last year. As such, this may also facilitate transit for PDI to contract with the Road Atlanta administration. Of course, this is just an exercise in speculation.

I would gladly accept Road Atlanta (& closely named Road America). And since Indy redesigned their road coarse, I would enjoy giving it a try in GTS. I have tried it on Project Cars 2, but it still isn't GTS.

I might be in the minority but I'd love to see Daytona come back. It was always a super fun track to drive LM cars around

I personally could take a pass on Daytona since it was in GT5/6 & still looks quite good.

Looking forward to Laguna Seca's arrival to GTS.
I am prepared.​

I think we could use some more pace cars in the Mileage Exchange. May I suggest:

20190208_122616-Edit-1200x800.jpg

lol 350z is already in the game, unless you meant GT500 version

I think a 370Z Gr. 4 car would be more fun than the GT-R.

I hope we get it, Leguna Seca one of my favorite courses.

(Also COTA would nice too.)

COTA would be welcomed by me to GTS.

Mid Ohio
VIR

With all of the Forza videos showing them racing at VIR, I would love to have a crack at it. But I don't want to buy an Xbox to play it.

Track list is pretty good now. I hope PD just shifts the resources for development of new tracks entirely to next-gen so we can get GT7 near PS5 launch window next year.

I wonder what the development split has been between making tracks for GT7 vs making tracks for GTSport considering the nearly monthly content we've gotten is pretty insane for two years now. The tech jump between PS4 to PS5 is going to be even larger than from PS3 to PS4, PD will eventually also have to re-do the assets of current tracks for the PS5 GT.
It says in this article they have been capturing track images at 8k resolution:
https://www.gtplanet.net/how-gran-turismo-is-made/
"They drive the track in a car loaded with special cameras that capture the environment in 360-degree video at 8K resolution."
I think it's extremely likely that the track assets they have been creating for GTS are already PS5 ready.

Back