Hating the graphics of GT6

• Thread starter TomBrady
  • 408 comments
Gran Blurrismo 6.
I've had a couple of mini debates on this subject, and think that applying AA at ALL at native resolution is a bad idea, because all it does is fuzz up the image, at least slightly. This is definitely one of those areas in which options are the best way to go, because not everyone perceive digital images the same, such as with video games obviously. I'm about to go grab my own copy, so hopefully my experience will be in line with the majority.
Your avataar is blurred too. ;)

Okay, I haven't gone through all four pages of this thread, just two...but when I was mooching around the menus there was an option to sharpen the images. Before that, the dealership icons were a tad blurry, after I selected 'sharpen' it was all hunky-dory.

I don't have the game open right now, but if you go looking, I'm sure you'll find it pretty quickly - I think it was amongst the options.

I think the graphics are really good for a PS3 game. I love them, definitely better than the ones in GT5 in my opinion.
I think the graphics and the physics combination make the game feel more intense. I love the intense Goodwood races.

Is it just me or are the cockpit view windshield darker than it was in GT5? I find it hard to see, it's like I'm wearing sunglasses or something.
You can lighten the gamma but it does go darker when you turn into the sun.

I think the graphics look a bit poor also. Not sure if it is just my eyes adjusting because I have been playing PS4 since launch or if it is the game. I was getting mad flicker for one thing. Seems like it cleared up a lot on sharp. Perhaps the initial tracks are lower res until the game fully installs. I hope.

aw man look at that blurry curb.. that's definitely motion hand(thankfully), but I still PREFER NO BLUR AT ALL. I like crisps images @ 60fps.

I don't like the idea of blurring the source. LET MY EYE blur it for itself.
you don't look at blurring curbs in real life do you? there's no way a curb could transform (blur) itself in real life. if you shake your hand fast, you will see motion blur, that is automatic blur from our eyes, not from the hand!

this is so wrong.. :( but I hope it won't matter much when I got my copy.

View attachment 86421
But your eyes won't be able to blur in real life, because your T.V or monitor is stationary, unlike your hand.

Okay, I haven't gone through all four pages of this thread, just two...but when I was mooching around the menus there was an option to sharpen the images. Before that, the dealership icons were a tad blurry, after I selected 'sharpen' it was all hunky-dory.

I don't have the game open right now, but if you go looking, I'm sure you'll find it pretty quickly - I think it was amongst the options.
Can anyone confirm this?

I don't get it. Before release people wanted to see motion blur, but now we don't? Granted, I've only skimmed through this thread and I don't have the game yet, but from what I've seen the "blur" is only present in replays?

OP...in my case I think GT6 looks better than GT5...

There are some problems with the HDR, mostly in the distance (so that´s why say "it looks blurry") with the shadows flickering and the poor anti-aliasing which is more than anything a LOD distance issue caused by the hardware.

If you think about how this game looks in just 256MB of RAM...from that perspective the game looks fantastic.

Also textures are low resolution and the game this time has motion blur that GT5 didn´t have. So that´s why you also see it as it looks blurry.

On my 1080p HDTV this game looks better than GT5 by far...it can be better but you can´t ask for more having in mind again, the hardware.

PD tried to go way too far in the photorealism aspect...we are paying the consequences of course. I´m not going to complain in this since I love how they do everything and try to balance the poor power of the system to make the game look as good as possible.

All this whine and all is unbelievable...As also in other thread complaining about the tyre squeal...for the very first time they got it right...it sounds like the real deal (if any of you went to a race track you know it), even the sound changes if you change compound...yet people complain because "oh! it hurt my ears" I mean Really?...Please.

I think PD now should focus in solve what it is in their hands...the lighting at some circuits because sometimes it looks too dark in my opinion.
I don´t think turning GT6 into GT5 will be a great idea.

Don´t take it wrong...but before complain, have in mind WHY this is how it is.

Go to your display settings for the ps3 not gt and do custom. If you don't then gt6 will try to do 1080 even if it is a 720. I had the same problem.

You're not here to help if you're talking crap about 420p. I haven't even smoked since october 2012

Dude, it sounds like the withdrawal is finally gettin' to ya! :lol:
Just kidding. :sly:
But really, calm yourself, and the naysayers will settle down, and maybe you'll get some answers.

I'm kind of a fusspot about graphics in ways than most other people are NOT fusspots, and often NOT a fusspot about things that other people are.
We haven't picked up the GT6 yet, but once I check it out, I'll let you know what I think about this.

I've had some unusual reactions to AA, HDR, and other graphics issues, compared to other people, so I can relate to feeling like I'm seeing something obvious & everyone else is clueless, or alternately, not seeing the big deal everyone else is making of something.

(Disclosure: I have limited depth perception. On that 3D test the eye doctor gives, I can only see movement in the 1st circle, and I have very little understanding of why the doc thinks I might want to grab the fly's wing. ;) )

Couple things.

1. Clearly TomBrady is not talking about motion blur, and is talking about the general crispness/sharpness of the image.
2. He has already mentioned he has it set to 1080p and has tinkered with the PS3 display settings and the display settings within the GT6 settings.
3. Stop with the insults, as TomBrady has a legitimate question/problem regarding GT6.

I don't have GT6 so I can't offer any help in regards to the problem, but might as well post this since there are so many repeats and unnecessary posts in this thread.
Hope your problem gets solved somehow.

Is it just me or are the cockpit view windshield darker than it was in GT5? I find it hard to see, it's like I'm wearing sunglasses or something.

Definitely. I noticed that as well. I adjusted a bunch of settings on my TV. Starting to adjust. Enjoying the game, especially the physics but the graphics are less than ideal.

I don't want super high fidelity graphics, I just want less world blur.
I think the graphics look a bit poor also. Not sure if it is just my eyes adjusting because I have been playing PS4 since launch or if it is the game. I was getting mad flicker for one thing. Seems like it cleared up a lot on sharp. Perhaps the initial tracks are lower res until the game fully installs. I hope.

Yea, I've been playing PS4 nonstop as well, that is a factor, but like I said, GT5 is much sharper. That's really my issue. I didn't really expect it to look better than GT5, but I hoped if it did look worse that it would still keep the sharpness of GT5p, GT HD concept, and GT5 but it hasn't.

I have a real issue with blurry graphics. Honestly, I'd rather have a game with PS2 quality effects and textures than deal with too much blur. PS2 textures may not look good, but at least something like San Andreas on PC is crisp and clean.

I feel like blurry graphics ruin my enjoyment of a game sometimes because I have such a hard time to adjust. It strains my eyes really badly when graphics are blurry. I have computer vision syndrome, and the blurrier graphics get, the faster my eyes get strained and my vision deteriorates.

I'm definitely more sensitive to blurry graphics than most people, but I still don't like blurry graphics.

For what it's worth I think it looks fine, I'm far too busy driving to worry about any blur. I can't say I've noticed it anyway.

Couple things.

1. Clearly TomBrady is not talking about motion blur, and is talking about the general crispness/sharpness of the image.
2. He has already mentioned he has it set to 1080p and has tinkered with the PS3 display settings and the display settings within the GT6 settings.
3. Stop with the insults, as TomBrady has a legitimate question/problem regarding GT6.

I don't have GT6 so I can't offer any help in regards to the problem, but might as well post this since there are so many repeats and unnecessary posts in this thread.
Hope your problem gets solved somehow.

Thank you. It's sad that people act that way.

Just because some people haven't immediately noticed the lack of sharpness compared to GT5, doesn't mean I'm some moron that doesn't know how to troubleshoot or adjust a TV. I'm an AV technician, of course I know how to adjust a TV and PS3 to get the optimum image quality.

I used to scoff at people who claimed that some Gran Turismo fanboys will blindly defend the game, but now I see exactly what they are talking about. It's true. Some fanboys won't even entertain any negative opinions about the game. And I'm a GT fanboy too but I'm not delusional.

I'm definitely more sensitive to blurry graphics than most people, so I understand why people didn't notice it right away, but denying it even after I bring it up? That's just stubborn fanboyism.

Thanks for backing me up.

Well, I have a very good eye for this kind of stuff. Helped a lot of devs fix issues in the past with things I have caught. One thing Ive found is it is crazy how many people cant see or hear what I find to be major differences. That's why some of us work in sound & video I guess.

I dont have the game, but I have been looking at youtube videos every day this week, and I agree with Tom. GT5 looked more crisp. While GT6 has some graphic texture improvements, I think Iprefer GT5 graphically all in all.

They need to fix the blur & frame rate or I won't be pulling the trigger. It's hard enough to get past the audio in this game. Presentation & standard cars also bring this game down from what could & should have been a masterpiece. But thats for another discussion.

-typed with ps3 controller

Thank you. It's sad that people act that way.

Just because some people haven't immediately noticed the lack of sharpness compared to GT5, doesn't mean I'm some moron that doesn't know how to troubleshoot or adjust a TV. I'm an AV technician, of course I know how to adjust a TV and PS3 to get the optimum image quality.

I used to scoff at people who claimed that some Gran Turismo fanboys will blindly defend the game, but now I see exactly what they are talking about. It's true. Some fanboys won't even entertain any negative opinions about the game. And I'm a GT fanboy too but I'm not delusional.

I'm definitely more sensitive to blurry graphics than most people, so I understand why people didn't notice it right away, but denying it even after I bring it up? That's just stubborn fanboyism.

Thanks for backing me up.

TomBrady,

It might be that certain displays just don't show a difference. That's why I asked what display you were using. Some displays might be in game mode or some other mode that doesn't allow the differences to be seen.

I think GT5 was pushing the limits on the PS3, so in order to give us better looking cars, shadows/lighting and a better physics model they needed to sacrifice sharpness and detail in background textures, that's just a theory though.

Graphics look better than GT5 to me. In fact it's the first thing my wife said....after she realised this is what I will be doing for the rest of the weekend!

May be it's some kind of weird clash of a particular TV's settings with those of the game. But I can't really see how. Hope you get a solution to suit you, Tom.

Graphics are much beautiful.The shadows are softer but less graphic glitches unlike GT5. Though they have 6 cars instead in career mode. In rally only they had 4 cars in GT5 but others if I remember had 8 cars. Graphically it is much superior.

Graphics are much beautiful.The shadows are softer but less graphic glitches unlike GT5. Though they have 6 cars instead in career mode. In rally only they had 4 cars in GT5 but others if I remember had 8 cars. Graphically it is much superior.

+Blur @TomBrady mentioned.

Back