Haus of flying Daggers

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 386 comments
Ahh my beautiful Italian ladies, sunning themselves in the plazza before putting on their dancing shoes and tearing up the blacktop
They are clean, shaven, and smellin' good!

Just built the Mercedes. It felt like it had a little understeer on early to mid corner grip. I only did a couple laps so far with it. I like the car, I dont want to mess with the dynamic of the tune. I was able to compensate with a tap of the e-brake at the right speed (in turn) and it worked great. And it maintained its stability.

Last edited:
They are clean, shaven, and smellin' good!

Just built the Mercedes. It felt like it had a little understeer on early to mid corner grip. I only did a couple laps so far with it. I like the car, I dont want to mess with the dynamic of the tune. I was able to compensate with a tap of the e-brake at the right speed (in turn) and it worked great. And it maintained its stablity.
Yeah the weight is a problem again, big heavy cars are always difficult to get into corners, requires a slight change in driving style/line. I tend to tune cars to be better on corner exit than entry as that is the most important part of cornering, takes a little bit of adjusting to and you have to be smooth to maintain speed but it is faster and easier to drive overall

Yeah the weight is a problem again, big heavy cars are always difficult to get into corners, requires a slight change in driving style/line. I tend to tune cars to be better on corner exit than entry as that is the most important part of cornering, takes a little bit of adjusting to and you have to be smooth to maintain speed but it is faster and easier to drive overall
Ok. Makes sense. Speaking of which, I should have mentioned that you can mash the throttle on exit. With just a hint of the back stepping out. Which is perfect for coming into a corner too hot (which I have been known to do once...or twice.)

Ok. Makes sense. Speaking of which, I should have mentioned that you can mash the throttle on exit. With just a hint of the back stepping out. Which is perfect for coming into a corner too hot (which I have been known to do once...or twice.)
Yeah that's the idea, nurse it round the bend and then mash the loud pedal on exit. It should be able to slide when pushed but still maintain control and reasonable acceleration. Makes it fun and fast while maintaining the original spirit of the car

I have a feeling that wheelbase is the cause of the problems, the car is quite long and that stops it from rotating easily, I've noticed it on a lot of big cars. It could be cured by messing with the front/rear toe but it is counter productive on heavy cars because of the loss in mid corner grip, you'll be able to get the aggressive turn in but then the bulk catches up and it just pushes wider and wider.

That is exactly what I noticed. I tried to move the front toe slider to the left to get a better turn in but as you said it hugely impacts mid-corner and exit grip on the front end of the car while making it far more unstable in the rear.

That is exactly what I noticed. I tried to move the front toe slider to the left to get a better turn in but as you said it hugely impacts mid-corner and exit grip on the front end of the car while making it far more unstable in the rear.
Its to do with the angles and the difference between inside and outside wheels during various stages of cornering, quite complicated to explain the theory without pictures though

stratosEiger Nordwand Short Track_3.jpg

Car: Lancia Stratos '73
Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power:
249 BHP @ 7600 Rpm / 28.4 kgfm @ 4600 Rpm
Weight:
945 kg
Performance Points:
450 PP
Tires:
SS
Weight Distribution: 46:54

Suspension) :
Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front: 100 Rear: 100
Spring Rate: Front: 5.72 kg Rear: 5.88 kg
Dampers (Compression):
Front: 8 Rear: 7
Dampers (Extension)
: Front: 3 Rear: 4
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 4 Rear: 5
Camber Angle (-)
: Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: 0.00° Rear: 0.34°
Brakes: Racing Upgrade F: 7 R: 7

Drivetrain:
(Fully Customisable Transmission)

Set final to 5.200
Set max to 112
Set in sequence (5-4-3-2-1)
Set final to 3.558

Speed: 112 mph

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

Final:

Differential Gear:
Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff

Initial Torque:
R= 13
Acceleration Sensitivity:
R= 40
Braking Sensitivity:
R= 21
Clutch & Flywheel:
Twin plate
Propeller Shaft: Standard

Power

Oil Change:
Yes
Power Limiter: 100%
Engine Tuning: Standard
Computer:
Sport
Exhaust:
Semi-Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter:
Sports
Intake Tuning:
Yes
Turbo Kit: Stage:
Standard
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): No

Body

Body Rigidity Improvement:
No
Downforce: F = 0 R = 0
Weight Reduction:
Stage 3
Bonnet: Carbon
Windows:
Weight Reduction
Ballast:
88kg
Ballast position: -50

512High Speed Ring.jpg

Car: Ferrari 512 BB '76

Wheel / Joypad:
PS3 controller
Power: 535 BHP @ 7100 Rpm / 65.0 kgfm @ 5200 Rpm
Weight: 1237 kg
Performance Points: 550 PP
Tires: SS
Weight Distribution: 48:52

Suspension) :

Ride Height: Front: 100 Rear: 110
Spring Rate: Front: 6.96 kg Rear: 8.68 kg
Dampers (Compression):Front: 5 Rear: 5
Dampers (Extension): Front: 6 Rear: 5
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 5 Rear: 6
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: -0.06° Rear: 0.32°
Brakes: Racing Upgrade F: 10 R: 9

Drivetrain:

Set final to 4.700
Set max to 124
Set final to 3.030

Speed: 124 mph
1: 3.245
2: 2.344
3: 1.753
4: 1.371
5: 1.119
Final: 3.030

Differential Gear:

Initial Torque:
R= 16
Acceleration Sensitivity: R= 12
Braking Sensitivity: R= 30
Clutch & Flywheel: Twin plate

Power

Oil Change:
Yes
Power Limiter: 97.2%
Engine Tuning: Stage 2
Computer: Standard
Exhaust: Racing
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Intake Tuning: Yes
Turbo Kit: Stage: Standard

Body

No
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Bonnet: Standard
Windows: Weight Reduction
Ballast: 85kg
Ballast position: -38

Last edited:
Looking foward to this. Thanks. Like the paint also 👍
I will post the tune soon , I got a little distracted by the Stratos but it was a valuable learning experience and made the 512 a lot easier to tame by comparison

I will post the tune soon , I got a little distracted by the Stratos but it was a valuable learning experience and made the 512 a lot easier to tame by comparison
No worries! Actually I was sitting around everyday cursing and wondering what the heck was going on...where is the 512? ;)

I appreciate it for sure cant wait to try it. Will be my final Ferrari tune I cant tell you how many times I tried this car and I hadnt gone back. Thanks again.:cheers:

No worries! Actually I was sitting around everyday cursing and wondering what the heck was going on...where is the 512? ;)

I appreciate it for sure cant wait to try it. Will be my final Ferrari tune I cant tell you how many times I tried this car and I hadnt gone back. Thanks again.:cheers:
There we go, its not perfect but its a lot more manageable than it was before, no longer feels like its trying to kill you every time you stop concentrating.

IMG_62056872477360.jpeg

Car: Cadillac CTS-V Coupe '11

Wheel / Controller: DS3
Power: 594hp
Weight: 1,566kg
Performance Points: 550
Tires: Sports: Soft

Suspension: (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: 95/95

Spring Rate: 13.50/13.30

Dampers (Compression): 5/5

Dampers (Extension): 6/4

Anti-Roll Bars: 3/4
Camber Angle (-): 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle: -0.28/0.28

Brakes: Racing
Bias: 7/6

Transmission: (Fully Customisable Transmission)

Set final to: 4.700

Speed: 137 mph

1: 2.860
2: 2.115
3: 1.627
4: 1.301
5: 1.062
6: 0.908
7:

Final: 3.500

Limited Slip Differential: (Fully Customizable Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential)
Initial Torque:
Acceleration Sensitivity: 10
Braking Sensitivity: 20
Clutch & Flywheel: Triple-Plate
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Center Differential:

Power
Oil Change:
Yes
Exhaust: Standard
Exhaust Manifold: Isometric
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Standard

Body
No
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Hood: Carbon
Ballast: 126kg
Ballast position: 50

Sorry for the wait, internet was a pain, and I was busy till this week. Enjoy. Me and @DolHaus threw tweaks from the base around for a little bit, and this is the end result.

Hi, I was looking through your tunes and I noticed that in some of them you specify the order to tune the gears but in others you don't . Is there a reason for not doing some of them in order or should they all be adjusted 5,4,3,2,1 ?
I noticed you are accepting requests, well I was in a lobby yesterday driving a scuderia and got thrashed by an Infiniti fx 45 so the first thing I did when I left was bought one and for an suv it's a flying machine . I looked for a tune for it on here but can't find one. I was wondering if you wanted to give it a go, this thing is great stock but with a bit of tweaking here and there could be a jaw-dropper.

Last edited:
Hi, I was looking through your tunes and I noticed that in some of them you specify the order to tune the gears but in others you don't . Is there a reason for not doing some of them in order or should they all be adjusted 5,4,3,2,1 ?
I noticed you are accepting requests, well I was in a lobby yesterday driving a scuderia and got thrashed by an Infiniti fx 45 so the first thing I did when I left was bought one and for an suv it's a flying machine . I looked for a tune for it on here but can't find one. I was wondering if you wanted to give it a go, this thing is great stock but with a bit of tweaking here and there could be a jaw-dropper.
Some of them need updating as I've changed the tuning sheet over time. I will get it sorted when I can find the time.
Generally its: Set Final, set Max speed, set gears in reverse order (6-1), set final
(Some of the earlier ones may be different but I can't remember)

Follow them from top to bottom. "Set Final to", then "Top Speed", then gears, then real final.
That's the sequence I always do with all the tunes I have came across but Dolhaus specifies in some tunes to adjust 5th first then 4th etc. but I hadn't come across that before so I was wondering if it made a difference . Thanks for the reply though.

That's the sequence I always do with all the tunes I have came across but Dolhaus specifies in some tunes to adjust 5th first then 4th etc. but I hadn't come across that before so I was wondering if it made a difference . Thanks for the reply though.
If you adjust the lower gears first it sometimes messes with the length of 5th/6th and you may not be able to reach the stated number, I just try to make note of exactly how I reach the numbers so its easier for people to do the same

If you adjust the lower gears first it sometimes messes with the length of 5th/6th and you may not be able to reach the stated number, I just try to make note of exactly how I reach the numbers so its easier for people to do the same
Ah right , I've noticed that has happened to me before on other tunes I've tried . Well you learn something every day as they say. I'm going to do that from now on , I probably sound stupid for not knowing that already but not to worry . Oh dear does that mean I have to retune my garage because when I couldn't achieve the number quoted I just went to the closest I could get lol . The bad thing about that is that I have 300+ cars . I feel a migraine coming on .

Ah right , I've noticed that has happened to me before on other tunes I've tried . Well you learn something every day as they say. I'm going to do that from now on , I probably sound stupid for not knowing that already but not to worry . Oh dear does that mean I have to retune my garage because when I couldn't achieve the number quoted I just went to the closest I could get lol . The bad thing about that is that I have 300+ cars . I feel a migraine coming on .
Don't worry about it too much, if it looks right on the graph (smooth curve, no gears wildly out of place) then its probably close enough. I find transmissions a bit mind boggling so I just tune them using Praianos method, I only discovered the differences from trying to copy other peoples settings and not being able to get them.

Don't worry about it too much, if it looks right on the graph (smooth curve, no gears wildly out of place) then its probably close enough. I find transmissions a bit mind boggling so I just tune them using Praianos method, I only discovered the differences from trying to copy other peoples settings and not being able to get them.
Yes I discovered the difference myself about 10 minutes ago thanks to you lol . I have used Praianos tunes too BUT and by no means am I taking anything away from the man/legend that he is I found a lot of his settings a bit too general if you know what I mean. OMG am I going to suffer for that sentence but it's just my opinion. I absolutely mean no disrespect to him. I'm going to shut up now.

espritGoodwood Hillclimb_2.jpg

Car: Lotus Esprit V8 '02

Wheel / Joypad:
PS3 controller
Power: 370 BHP @ 7000 Rpm / 42.8 kgfm @ 4500 Rpm
Weight: 1209 kg
Performance Points: 500 PP
Tires: SH
Weight Distribution: 46:54

Suspension) :

Ride Height: Front: 100 Rear: 104
Spring Rate: Front: 5.97 kg Rear: 5.91 kg
Dampers (Compression):Front: 5 Rear: 5
Dampers (Extension): Front: 5 Rear: 5
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 4 Rear: 4
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: 0.04° Rear: 0.28°
Brakes: Racing Upgrade F: 6 R: 8

Drivetrain:

Set final to 5.200
Set max to 124
Set final to 3.640

Speed: 124 mph
1: 2.769
2: 2.001
3: 1.496
4: 1.170
5: 0.954
Final: 3.640

Differential Gear:

Initial Torque:
R= 8
Acceleration Sensitivity: R= 40
Braking Sensitivity: R= 20
Clutch & Flywheel: Twin plate

Power

Oil Change:
Yes
Exhaust: Standard
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Standard

Body

No
Weight Reduction: Stage 2
Bonnet: Standard
Ballast: 19kg
Ballast position: -50

Yes I discovered the difference myself about 10 minutes ago thanks to you lol . I have used Praianos tunes too BUT and by no means am I taking anything away from the man/legend that he is I found a lot of his settings a bit too general if you know what I mean. OMG am I going to suffer for that sentence but it's just my opinion. I absolutely mean no disrespect to him. I'm going to shut up now.
I find they work better than anything I am currently capable of so are the best choice, as with all tuning I imagine there are improvements to be made from further customisation but its not something I'm that interested in personally (I drive auto lol)

I find they work better than anything I am currently capable of so are the best choice, as with all tuning I imagine there are improvements to be made from further customisation but its not something I'm that interested in personally (I drive auto lol)
I totally agree , all tunes especially suspension and lsd should be treated as a base to be tweaked for personal driving style .The gears are totally baffling to me so I tend to treat them as carved in stone . I understand adjusting the final gear affects the top speed but the ratios are witchcraft to me.

I totally agree , all tunes especially suspension and lsd should be treated as a base to be tweaked for personal driving style .The gears are totally baffling to me so I tend to treat them as carved in stone . I understand adjusting the final gear affects the top speed but the ratios are witchcraft to me.
I generally follow Praiano's method as well, but I suck at math, so I mostly just make a smooth curve on the grid instead of finding the value of emc*trf-tyu/kjl :lol:.

Lotus too! I ran the CTS and 512 and funny how you said they were remarkably close I ran my two best laps within a couple hundreths of a second apart. Well done on the Caddy that thing was everywhere.

Lotus build next...thanks again you two 👍

Edit
Also, fellas please do some others' requests as you have done several of mine. I do appreciate it...

Last edited:
Lotus too! I ran the CTS and 512 and funny how you said they were remarkably close I ran my two best laps within a couple hundreths of a second apart. Well done on the Caddy that thing was everywhere.

Lotus build next...thanks again you two 👍

Edit
Also, fellas please do some others' requests as you have done several of mine. I do appreciate it...
Yours are the only requests on the table at the moment. I have a couple of private tunes I'm working on for online race teams and a few tunes for my drift garage to do but apart from that nothing really needs doing. I usually wait for contests or seasonal events to pop up as those serve a purpose, can't go splashing the currency around like we used to though

Back