Have a guitar? Why not show us!Music 

• Thread starter TVRKing
  • 976 comments
2 quarter-turns on the truss rod fixed the buzz on my new guitar, and now it's beginning to sing. Working on the intonation next.
Nothing like an electric guitar to gobble up gobs and gobs of time - so much fun.

But, hey, life is short. Gotta do something. ;)

Here's two of my few...:cheers:

Gibson Les Paul Gothic Morte 2011. Updated with EMG's 81/85 pickups + custom made truss rod cover and toggle switch washer. This is for heavy metal only.:)
IMG_1925.JPG

Fender Pawn Shop '70s Stratocaster Deluxe. Black plastic parts replaced with chrome ones.
IMG_1736.JPG

I have rocksmith, and I'll be honest, I wasn't learning much from it and gave up and just started teaching myself. :lol:

It's still really good though and I mess around with their effects from time to time.

I have rocksmith, and I'll be honest, I wasn't learning much from it and gave up and just started teaching myself. :lol:

It's still really good though and I mess around with their effects from time to time.
Well I mainly just use it for playing songs and learn what I can from playing them. Made a mistake trying to learn playing lead first though, rhythm has been a lot easier to learn playing for me.

Yamaha EG112C
image.jpg

Yeah its not a 1337 gibson or something like that, but ive had it for 5 years and it plays pretty darn well xD

That actually looks really cool! I was hopin to do somethin like that to mine but I haven't got the time to do it, let alone the talent. I mean I'm creative but Id need to sit down for a few weeks and just practice and get an idea on what i want :lol:

Funny that you have a Pacifica too (I mean it's a great first guitar) because I'm currently repainting it and making a partscaster from one I found under my bed. :lol:

View attachment 545569
I forgot to post it, but it's (almost) done. I've lost the input jack so when I find that I'll solder everything. But it is playable, just not electrically, yet.:lol:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just curious if anyone wants the worlds best handmade pickups, I could hook you up. Custom made just for you. As recommended by (and used by) Billy Gibbons. :D

Here's mine (well, one of mine):

unnamed.jpg

Gibson Les Paul Traditional, '57 Classic Plus pickups, COPPER PLATING EVERYWHERE. Absolutely amazing to play. My dad and I did make a few other modifications as well, such as changing out the tailpiece (I don't remember the name of it) and the bridge, as well as the pickguard.

Video I have of it:

I do have another guitar that is extensively modified, rightfully named the Les Paul "MP Custom", I will post pics of that when I get home (I don't have any handy at the moment)... but I do have a video of me in action with it here:

(I'm the guy on the left taking the last solo at the end)

Also if anyone is wanting to learn guitar, PM me! I could help... (I apologize if this is advertising and will delete this post if it is, although for now I will not charge for my services)

I forgot to post it, but it's (almost) done. I've lost the input jack so when I find that I'll solder everything. But it is playable, just not electrically, yet.:lol:
View attachment 562054

Great job on the rebuild! FrankenCaster? :P

Last edited:
OT :embarrassed:

Great to see other guys in here using Rocksmith 👍. I use this "tool" since it came out (RS2014) and I have progressed a lot more than that I ever could think of.

It's surely the disc that has been most in my ps3 and ps4 and the satisfaction one gets by really learning a song and to play it is amazing. Best value for money if you want to learn to play a proper guitar. One advice, take a few lessons with a professor to get the basics right and then you can figure the rest out on your own.

Rocksmith 2014_20160301185846.png Rocksmith 2014_20160301183931.png

/OT

Just noticed that I didn't post up my last guitar purchase (which was almost a year ago):

IMG_20160805_010657.jpg

Squier Telecaster Cabronita, a model which is unique (in this configuration) to the Squier line (rather than being a direct Fender copy) and is an absolutely great guitar.

So the wall now looks like this:

PANO_20160805_010113(2).jpg

Also have a new pedal arriving today, picked up a TC Electronics Ditto Looper for a bargain price second hand.

Great to see other guys in here using Rocksmith 👍. I use this "tool" since it came out (RS2014) and I have progressed a lot more than that I ever could think of.

It's surely the disc that has been most in my ps3 and ps4 and the satisfaction one gets by really learning a song and to play it is amazing. Best value for money if you want to learn to play a proper guitar. One advice, take a few lessons with a professor to get the basics right and then you can figure the rest out on your own.

View attachment 573175 View attachment 573176

/OT
I've found Rocksmith very helpful too.

So the wall now looks like this

I see you have included a pic of yourself in the far right ;)

A nice collection of guitars 👍 I only have 2 and I am searching an amplifier first to practice at home. I run all through Rocksmith which isn't ideal when jamming with backing tracks.

Very interested in the Yamaha THR5 which comes with Cubase and the device seems to be high quality. Budget is not there for a proper valve amp.

@Sp3edst3r Yamaha makes really nice guitars. They are polished and have a good price. I think the Pacificas you can buy for €200 are better in quality than my Ibanez CMM-1. Did you know that Michael Lee Firkins was a Yamaha Pacifica player when he started out and hit the stage in the late eighties early nineties :bowdown:

BTW...This Yamaha is on my wishlist :D
https://www.thomann.de/fr/yamaha_pacifica_311h_vw.htm

Last edited:
Just noticed that I didn't post up my last guitar purchase (which was almost a year ago):

View attachment 573179

Squier Telecaster Cabronita, a model which is unique (in this configuration) to the Squier line (rather than being a direct Fender copy) and is an absolutely great guitar.

So the wall now looks like this:

View attachment 573180

Also have a new pedal arriving today, picked up a TC Electronics Ditto Looper for a bargain price second hand.

What Jazz guitar do you have in that photo? Amazing collection of guitars as well, that Telecaster is pure gorgeous with that Bigsby :cheers:

View attachment 573175 View attachment 573176

/OT

(I think a Rocksmith thread should be created for this)

Thanks. It's an Epiphone Dot, basically a poor man's Gibson E355, but a great guitar none the less.

Gorgeous guitar, the black works really well! Kind of wished that they accented the binding a bit more though...

Here's my jazz guitar:

Photo on 8-13-16 at 11.14 PM.jpg

My pedalboard...

Photo on 8-13-16 at 11.11 PM.jpg

And the pedal in particular that basically turns the distortion levels up to crazy (I intern at a music school and there's these cheap Line 6 Spider III and IV amps... and this pedal always makes them seem like they are about to blow up... hence the joke, but you can get super cool distortion sounds out of this pedal if you get a good enough amp and adjust the settings correctly)...

Photo on 8-13-16 at 11.12 PM.jpg

Also for everyone, I have a challenge (I have no idea how this will go): The 24 hour First Act challenge!

Basically, get a used First Act Electric guitar (with the original First Act strings on it)... and play a gig with it for 24 hours straight. No repairing the guitar at all; if it breaks or you (or a relief guitarist) screws up and breaks the guitar or fails a song, you fail.

You are allowed as many relief guitarists as you want. If you somehow do it... erm... umm...

(You do need a full band or bands for this)

Last edited:
Somewhat off topic (but somewhat relevant to the subject of guitars): Good news!

I've started teaching some kids (very young, about 2nd or 3rd grade) in Paterson, and welp... it's been a thing and a half. It's not easy.

I've started off by telling them how to hold the guitar, how to strum, and then fingering notes (that last one is extremely hard for most of the kids at the moment).

I don't know where to go from here... whether to introduce chords right now or to have them learn melodies to songs... I need all the feedback I can get.

I'm going to teach some kids "Sunshine of Your Love" by Cream, some others "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor, and for the last group of kids I have... I don't know what song I should do.

Any ideas? (don't suggest Smoke on the Water, please)

I will move this to a different thread (although I don't know what to call it) if it's too off topic.

Somewhat off topic (but somewhat relevant to the subject of guitars): Good news!

I've started teaching some kids (very young, about 2nd or 3rd grade) in Paterson, and welp... it's been a thing and a half. It's not easy.

I've started off by telling them how to hold the guitar, how to strum, and then fingering notes (that last one is extremely hard for most of the kids at the moment).

I don't know where to go from here... whether to introduce chords right now or to have them learn melodies to songs... I need all the feedback I can get.

I'm going to teach some kids "Sunshine of Your Love" by Cream, some others "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor, and for the last group of kids I have... I don't know what song I should do.

Any ideas? (don't suggest Smoke on the Water, please)

I will move this to a different thread (although I don't know what to call it) if it's too off topic.
Many repeated A D, and Am F G. U2's Joshua Tree has a lot of great riffs.

It's probably not the best way to learn, but Metallica Bells and Master of Puppy's are fun. Orion is also awesome, and...

Hum 'I Hate It Too' is a great dropped-D song.

I watched your live vids and great job!

Will post pics of my buddies' Fenders.

Many repeated A D, and Am F G. U2's Joshua Tree has a lot of great riffs.

It's probably not the best way to learn, but Metallica Bells and Master of Puppy's are fun. Orion is also awesome, and...

Hum 'I Hate It Too' is a great dropped-D song.

Seems a bit difficult to learn for the kids... not so sure about these... maybe next year?

Something simpler?

(Sorry for the offtopic, I will get back on topic, may make a new thread for this)

No new guitar/gear to report at the moment... sadly.

I got to play my Dad's Limited Millenium Edition Washburn DM2000 for the first time today. (He has had it for as )ong as I can remember.)

Such a gorgeous guitar. Althought it is not the best sounding guitar I have ever heard, it is by far one of the best handling guitars I have played in my life. The sound I compare to is acoustic, because it is acoustic electric, and I do not like judging electronic sounds. My Fender DG-8S sounds better in my opinion.

Pictures soon. :)

EDIT Poor quality, but here it is...
20161007_102314.jpg

Last edited:
Now that I have moved into a new house, I have a place with somewhat proper lighting to take pictures...

Fender Squire, Fender Hau'oli and a 15W Peavey Viper.
20161105_205547.jpg

Old pic. Pretty sure I've already posted these here already.
Left to right:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard in Vintage Sunburst, Chibson Les Paul Custom "Budokan" à la Ace Frehleys Custom in Cherry Sunburst (I actually love this guitar very much. It's got a custom handmade and handwoven premium bridge pickup made by the worlds best pickup maker. PM me if you want his details. You won't regret it. I can name many artists and guitarists that use his pickups) and last but not least an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro in Alpine White.

Off topic: god I miss this car. Oh well. Traded it for a 260Z so I guess I went for something better ;)

Attachments

• IMG_4200.JPG
    IMG_4200.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 19
Quick question regarding cleaning. I've decided to change my strings on my Les Paul, and the tie has come to clean the thing, but mainly the fretboard. I usually just wipe it down with some paper towels, but is there anything else I can do for it? I keep seeing recommendations for lemon oil, which I doubt I have any at the moment. Just looking for a few more opinions.

Will post pics when I'm done. Been meaning to post in here for ages.

Back