Have a guitar? Why not show us!Music 

• Thread starter TVRKing
  • 976 comments
So, this is mine now.

image-jpg.191177

Recently got an American Standard Stratocaster.
IMG_5895.jpg

Despite playing classical guitar for 6 years and electric guitar for about 1 year now this is my first guitar. Before that I used my fathers guitars. Even the vintage pro reverb amp is my fathers and still works like a charm.

The Stratocaster is the 2014 model and has a cool neck plate commemorating the 60th anniversary of the stratocaster guitar.

IMG_5897.jpg

Best purchase ever! :D

IMG_5895.jpg

Despite playing classical guitar for 6 years and electric guitar for about 1 year now this is my first guitar. Before that I used my fathers guitars. Even the vintage pro reverb amp is my fathers and still works like a charm.

The Stratocaster is the 2014 model and has a cool neck plate commemorating the 60th anniversary of the stratocaster guitar.

IMG_5897.jpg

Nice Strat. What year is the amp?

They're good enough to sell them, rather than just give them away ;)
Thank you 👍

Both had their own flaws as they were just experimental pieces, the neck on the acoustic was past its best and the clear coat on the electric never really hardened properly. I didn't really want to sell stuff I know isn't fit for purpose so they just sat there gathering dust in my room.
A local youth music centre had recently had its funding pulled and was looking for fundraisers, I figured they'd do more good being auctioned off for the cause than continuing to gather dust. :lol:

Here's my new guitar:

15719353177_344b502fca_z.jpg

15719068379_c742e704b2_z.jpg

15282860904_4401e1ccd2_z.jpg

It's a MIM FSR Stratocaster for Fender's 50th birthday. I bought it second-hand, and as you can see none of the electronics are original. The pickups have been swapped with Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups, the bridge saddles have been replaced, as well as all the internal electronics. It sounds and feels completely different to my black MIM strat. The paint on it, though, is just jawdroppingly gorgeous!

Speaking of my black strat, I wish to swap out the original pickups with new ones. But I'm not sure yet which ones.

IMG_5895.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg

My dad has an amp very similar, maybe exact. Oldies are goodies. Best amp I have ever heard to be honest. :) Probably about the same year too.
Beautiful work! Even if they are not good to play, many players (and nonplayers) would love them on their wall! You sir, are talented. Take that hobbie and make it worth it my friend!
Here's my new guitar:

15719353177_344b502fca_z.jpg

15719068379_c742e704b2_z.jpg

15282860904_4401e1ccd2_z.jpg

It's a MIM FSR Stratocaster for Fender's 50th birthday. I bought it second-hand, and as you can see none of the electronics are original. The pickups have been swapped with Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups, the bridge saddles have been replaced, as well as all the internal electronics. It sounds and feels completely different to my black MIM strat. The paint on it, though, is just jawdroppingly gorgeous!

Speaking of my black strat, I wish to swap out the original pickups with new ones. But I'm not sure yet which ones.
Very clean style. And that third picture - looks damn professial. :)

Got to see all of Al Di Meola's guitars in the flesh. Tech brought them all out on stage even though he only played the black half-cut. The PRS Prism looks incredible under the stage lights. I always thought it was so goofy, but it looks like a cut gemstone rainbow in person. Stunning.

16414393959_5079d1be5c_o.jpg
PRS Prism by mp.omnis, on Flickr

AqECaqV.jpg

Man, if you like guitar, you have to see this show. It was absolutely amazing.

Got to see all of Al Di Meola's guitars in the flesh. Tech brought them all out on stage even though he only played the black half-cut. The PRS Prism looks incredible under the stage lights. I always thought it was so goofy, but it looks like a cut gemstone rainbow in person. Stunning.

" . . . cut gemstone rainbow ......"
In person, too. :) 👍

You're so damn lucky to have had that experience. Love Al Di Meola, though I can't remember when I last listened to him.
Funnily enough I stumbled on the thread coming alive at the same time that I fished out the old twelve-stringer and took it over to a neighbor's house for a jam.

Edit:
Realised when I was cleaning the dust of the old axe that if not for the pickguard I might have bored a hole in the wood by now. :crazy:

bf6bf8d2-6ddc-4bc2-94d1-e21a2298016b_zps01646552.png

Last edited:
Les Paul replica? I thought it was one but the headstock looks way off.

It's a black PRS singlecut and his signature PRS Prism. He had those two on stage with his original cherry sunburst LP (below), but he only played the black one.

Dimeola%20copy.jpg

I had a fine Tokai Jazz Bass, which I sold couple of years ago. I still regret it, because left-handed basses with such good quality and affordable price are very difficult to find nowadays. But I'm not a very good bass player at all - luckily I still have my Höfner Contemporary model for those 'Macca wanna-be moments'....
DSCF0712.jpg

IMG_5895.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg

That is one beautiful axe!

cgg
How are you finding the rail pickups on the P bass and are they the Dimarzio ones?

I've been interested in the performance of rail pickups for a while, but I've not found much in terms of basses.

Yeah they're DiMarzios and honestly I've had them on for so long I can't remember how the stock ones sounded. But I've always been happy with them.

Back