Have you watched movies on your PS2?

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 76 comments

Have you used your PS2 to watch DVD movies?

• Yes

Votes: 96 93.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters
Anyone having problems with speech going out of synch should try the Sony remote.

Don't ask me why but after getting one I've had no problems with speech synch. Tried it back to back with discs that caused a problem before and it does cure it.

May be its using the memory card as additional storage space, because with the remote discs take a few seconds longer to start. Just an idea.

BTW this is a UK spec PS2, no idea if the same applies anywere else.

I think that may be to do with the remote coming with the latest drivers and that may have fixed it, although if you have a version 5+ PS2 I think they come with the latest drivers already.

I tried to watch a dvd on my PS2 but the tv is so damn old it doesn't even have RCA connections so I have this VCR and that's so damn cheap that the screen fades in and out. It's fine on other VCR or Tv's but hey what do you want from a VCR made by Dawoo... :lol: :rolleyes: :odd: :mad: :banghead: The only thing I can watch on my set up is Robocop... don't ask me why it just works? I can use my laptop anyways and watch DVDs anytime.

Nick:banghead:

Originally posted by VipFREAK
I tried to watch a dvd on my PS2 but the tv is so damn old it doesn't even have RCA connections so I have this VCR and that's so damn cheap that the screen fades in and out. It's fine on other VCR or Tv's but hey what do you want from a VCR made by Dawoo... :lol: :rolleyes: :odd: :mad: :banghead: The only thing I can watch on my set up is Robocop... don't ask me why it just works? I can use my laptop anyways and watch DVDs anytime.

Nick:banghead:

The fading is the copy protection. It has nothing to do with the age or make of your VCR. If you try to play a protected DVD through a VCR. Robocop is apparently unprotected.

For $25-30, you can buy an RF modulator that will allow you to use your PS2 on your TV without going through a VCR. Terk and Radio Shack both make RF modulators.

The fading is the copy protection. It has nothing to do with the age or make of your VCR. If you try to play a protected DVD through a VCR. Robocop is apparently unprotected.

I don't see why it would be the copy protection although I've heard of it on the PS2 but If I use my dad's sony out in the living room or the T.v. it works fine with any dvd. So, I don't think it has to do with the copy protection.

Nick :banghead:

Originally posted by VipFREAK
I don't see why it would be the copy protection although I've heard of it on the PS2 but If I use my dad's sony out in the living room or the T.v. it works fine with any dvd. So, I don't think it has to do with the copy protection.

Nick :banghead:

The fading is what Macrovision does. I don't know why it wouldn't do that on another VCR. Maybe the Sony doesn't support Macrovision, or doesn't trip unless you try to record the DVD (there's a thought). Maybe the Daewoo has a bad RF modulator, but then everything would be screwy. Trust me on this, you're seeing copy protection. The behavior is quite common.

After all, I only do this for a living... ;)

Back