Heheh... Just what the gtp needs...

• Thread starter space
  • 13 comments
I have this on my board. What it does is lets say someone is going to double post within 1 min of his last post. It will add what is in the second post into the first one.

Originally posted by Tazz575
I have this on my board. What it does is lets say someone is going to double post within 1 min of his last post. It will add what is in the second post into the first one.
Does it do that only if they are posting in the same thread, or anywhere on the board?

Originally posted by Tazz575

You are thinking of somehting else (i saw it when i was browsing)

this does:

when a user posts, it checks it against a list of "spammers"

if that user is in that list, it then decreases the post count by one instead of increasing by one.

Jordan was right, it really wont go over well, but it could stop useless posts:D

I think it's a great idea to inform of double posting :smilewink.

However people (incl) myself often accidently double post (Specially when my :computer: is 🤬 up.

For example if I click the 'Submit Reply', then nothing happens I re-click it, sometimes that's fine but other times I get error message, so I go Back and re-submit, then the post comes up twice :banghead:

So I wouldn't really want to be accused of spamming if it happens again? :D

This addon nothing to do with double-posts.

although i did see one that i though compare the two and if they were the same, deleted the second one

The one I am talking about works in the same thread. Like it would work for HMRCWG and other threads. The only time it doesn't work is when someone posts an attachment. Jordan if you would like to test it out just let me know and I will give you a link.

Latest Posts

Back