Help plzzzz just lost all my cars ????

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by hejo666, Aug 12, 2018.

1. hejo666

hejo666

Can any one help me

Attached Files:

2. PinKPanther

PinKPanther

Give us more infos.

Also, did you try redownloading your save from the cloud?

3. hejo666

hejo666

Yes

In my profile i have 138 cars Wien i goes in my garage i have only 15 cars

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2018
  4. ARTAsean

ARTAsean

Backing your save file up from the cloud seems to have mixed results. I've seen people say that the PD-side file overwrites the client side one every time the game boots up, and that using an older backed-up save does nothing.

In any case, your cars are gone forever. luckily you can contact PD and they may give you in-game tickets to get your cars back.

Why did this happen? GTS has had save-file corruption issues since launch and PD still hasn't fixed it.

Draggon and hejo666 like this.
  5. hejo666

hejo666

PD what is That

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    VBR likes this.
  6. Sander 001

Sander 001

Isn't it Sony Support you contact?

7. VBR

VBR Premium

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    GTUrbanCowboy likes this.
  8. urmie

urmie

This just happened to me, I have 8 cars now (Profile showed 50+). Definitely related to the update (1.24). How is there no recourse here? I contacted Playstation Support, they are no help whatsoever.

So what is the contact info for PD as suggested above to get some "tickets" or some kinda of credits replenishment?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  9. 666666

10. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

hejo666 likes this.
  11. Draggon

Draggon

Every time I boot up GT Sport I wonder if today is the day I lose my cars.

12. LaudSpiek1

LaudSpiek1

About a month ago I lost over 300 cars due to what I was told a corrupt file. I know the feeling as it was gut wrenching. Tried different things but due to signing and signing out when this happened it automatically saved the corrupt file and the old file was missing. I created a new account and started all over in order to get all the mission, challenge free cars again.

From everything I could read saving the file on a Jump Drive may be the only solution. So once a week I save the GT files to a jump drive just in case I have an issue I can reinstall a previous jump drive version. From what I have been told this has worked if it ever happens again.

As bad as starting all over felt I quickly got many cars back plus was back to A/S quickly with more Wins than the first time so that felt pretty good. Overall this sucks and thought about quitting GT, keeping old account with just a few cars or starting all over. After trying other Racing games I am glad I started all over......

willbegone likes this.
  13. daibon

daibon

I had every single car in my garage and then one day blue screen and then I had just the 6 DLC cars...all gone poof.. could not recover... then had to rubber band and earned credit re purchased all the cars back. Now I just don't have the recent 20mil ferrirari and 2 or 3 road cars that was not there since I lost my cars.

Now I stopped the auto back up to the server and I do the online back up manually once in a while and I also back it up on a USB drive which copy over to my lap top by date once in a while.. So I have multiple versions. IF it happens again and I am unable to recover with all my backups..GT Sport goes in to the trash. I am done.

14. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Do you know now, that backup saves to your online storage or to your USB will not overwrite your current save if there was a problem like missing cars, so backup saves are useless at the moment.

15. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

Why is that?

16. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

You know.

17. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Polyphony Digital™

18. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

I actually don't. That's why I asked. Why don't they work anymore?

daibon likes this.
  19. daibon

daibon

Really? Then I am done with GT Sport if I lose my cars again, the new F1 2018 is coming soon. Ace combat is in the horizon...and worst case I am going to get back to my P3D Flight simming.

https://www.gtplanet.net/f1-2018-will-be-the-most-realistic-in-the-series-to-date/

F1 2018 Will Be the Most Realistic in the Series to Date

Less than two weeks remain until F1 2018 launches. Codemasters is continuing the steady feed of info with latest developer diary, turning its attention to a hot button issue: physics.

It’s safe to say F1 2018 will offer the most realistic in-game racing experience to date. While every iterative release in the series leaned more toward realism, F1 2018 is a “massive” step in that direction according to Senior Car Handling Designer David Greco.

GA 52, Anonaymous and Sander 001 like this.
  20. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I don't know why, they just will not overwrite your current save anymore.

21. Sharpie

Sharpie

This shouldn't be happening in the first place.

Draggon and daibon like this.
  22. urmie

urmie

As others have stated already, your backup save is useless because as soon as you connect to the GT servers, THAT data overwrites whatever you have.
    Now if your save matches that, you're fine. Otherwise, you're stuck like me now with an empty garage for no apparent reason other than update 1.24 messing everything up. I left my save at the last save date of July 30th. I don't plan on overwriting anything.

What's more upsetting is there is no official support for the game outside the generic helpdesk at PS Support who know ZERO about game specific issues.

If I have issues with Forza/Gears/Halo/Sea of Thieves.....each of them have its own official forum with tech support. I've tweeted to Kaz, official GT account, PS Support and even Shawn Layden with screenshots of my issue, showing offline mode has all my cars (140+), as soon as I connect, it overwrites what I have.

Unbelievable that any support team out there doesn't have a escalation/contact list. You're telling me Kaz or Polyphony doesn't have email at all? There isn't a data center guy there in charge of the servers? Come on now!

Anonaymous, VBR, MichalRaven and 2 others like this.
  23. ARTAsean

ARTAsean

In the last 4 or 5 years I've played 2 different AAA games that had save file corruption issues. In both instances, in less than a week, the developers released mass save-file rollbacks, as well as actual *fixes* for the issue. At absolute worst, players lost a day or 2 of progress.

It seems like PD is aware of the problem, as they've fixed the "debug menu" save file corruption that was happening at the end of 2017. But the fact that these corruptions are still happening almost a year later, and there is no save-file rollback, is just such poor PR.

urmie likes this.
  24. ExoticMachines

ExoticMachines

Did you buy all of your cars with the grocery ID card? :lol:

No grocery ID card, no cars for you. :lol:

25. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

What a stupid comment.

Hey @hejo666 Contact Playtation support, and they will help you out :tup:.

hejo666 likes this.
  26. Draggon

Draggon

My question is how are some folks receiving gift tickets for lost cars while others don't even warrant a response by PD? Obviously they are actually talking to someone at PD or Sony.

VBR likes this.
  27. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Perhaps when you contact Playstation Support, they might give you a contact number to Sony or PD.

Draggon likes this.
  28. hejo666

hejo666

Sony is Workin on it

Draggon and fordlaser like this.
  29. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

That is good to hear :).

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    hejo666 likes this.
  30. hejo666

hejo666

Now i had an anser from sony abort my problem , i have
    Received 150 ticket to buy new cars for

I’m happy again and Ready to race again 1000 thanks Sony

daibon, Draggon, Sander 001 and 2 others like this.