Here Are the Three New Tracks Coming to GT Sport

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Apr 11, 2017.

1. C-ZETA

C-ZETA

Yay, more rally stuff. Sardegna doesn't look like it'll be far off Toscana, certainly if the location is anything to go by.

SZRT Ice likes this.
  2. dimassa19

dimassa19

Do you like El Capitan?

3. mastretta_mx

mastretta_mx

This.

Also we don't know if due the delay they could get time to add more tracks and announced amount of them could be outdated, we know that there is also at least a snow track coming due Snow tires being in the beta, so there is like 10 more tracks at least to see (if not even more) now we must wait and see, but between this, the exanded beta nd porsche reveal we can say this is a good day

4. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Staff Emeritus

Now that we're at 9/19 locations, I do hope we start seeing more real-world circuits. Or, if we are getting more fantasy circuits, I hope for at least one of the GT "holy trinity" (GV, DF, TM). I'm pleasantly surprised by the seeming rush of creativity PD has had in terms of crafting original circuits... but we don't know what they're like yet.

BMB is just another oval. Sardegna is another track in that weird mould of rallying GT keeps pushing. Dragontrail could be interesting, and looks good from the first batch of images.

I just hope it's more like Grand Valley, and less like Tokyo.

5. RaY29rus

RaY29rus

Nah, I'm sure it's Gr.4 cars. These are narrower than Gr.3 cars and Ferrari have a stock side mirror.

6. dimassa19

dimassa19

Three tracks.

SZRT Ice likes this.
  7. queleuleu

queleuleu

It's Ferrari, you can't touch anything. Probably the most protective and annoying car company.

They are in the build.

ToyGTone, SZRT Ice, ProjectF and 14 others like this.
  8. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

These new circuits look beautiful but the names - Blue Moon Bay, Dragontrail Seaside, and Sardegna Windmills - are awful! It sounds like Ridge Racer or Mario Kart book of circuit names was used.

PD have had plenty of fantastic original circuits throughout the years. Although to be fair there have been some crap ones too. The highs far outnumber the lows though.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  9. boxster233

boxster233

Finally someone reasonable.

Lapse, Johnnypenso and Lord Protector like this.
  10. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

I find being picky about the content that's being handed to you by the truckload is a slightly more unreasonable point of view.

11. torque99

torque99

Great to see these new tracks added and all this new overload of information today. I do feel a confirmed release date is very near now and hopefully before June.

Out of interest where did all these excellent photos of the new tracks emerge from? :tup:

12. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

Every photo is from Playstation's official twitter.

13. RadishTM

RadishTM

Are some of the sponsors on these new tracks fake? Seems odd.

2clicks and queleuleu like this.
  14. Zlork

Zlork

I like thew tracks espcially Dragontrail Seaside and Sardegna Windmills :)

Blue Moon Bay, It's an oval but at the same time, it reminds me a little Daytona USA, I don't know why :D

silverman_GT likes this.
  15. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

Where did you guys get these screenshots from exactly?

---

On another note, this day is going on way differently from what I expected. I was thinking that I would see Turn 10's next expansion pack for Forza Horizon 3, but I ended seeing new content revealed by Polyphony Digital about Gran Turismo Sport.

Lubeify100 likes this.
  16. AKps3

AKps3

Which one do you mean?

EDK likes this.
  17. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

IMG_0091.JPG
    Look closely at the White car behind the 650S and I see what is my favorite car so far. The Viper GT3-R

18. RadishTM

RadishTM

[​IMG]

APEX / LEMPEL Technologies / KEN CHAN DELI / SCARLETLINE / UNDERSTEER Engineering? GT has always used real track sponsors, even in their fictional tracks. PD seem to be padding that out with the screenshot above.

ProjectF, mister dog and AKps3 like this.
  19. ArR29

ArR29

DragontrailSeaside_03.jpg

Is it me or the those terrain look a little bit rough? They look low polygon, overall the track look nice but it needs more polishing.

jubeiiiii246 and Fat Tyre like this.
  20. Boxout

Boxout

This is an unpopular opinion, but I think the fictional tracks is what makes GT awesome.
    I like real tracks too, but I've driven in Spa thousands of times across dozens of games that I rather have a GT original instead of a track that is in every racing game ever.

If they keep including these, even better, if they bring back some classics, I might as well get a PS4 for this game.

SZRT Ice, gtracedriver1, MMX and 15 others like this.
  21. EDK

EDK Moderator

Those on the inside look to be directly in front of pit boxes. So I speculate that they could relate to what will happen with the livery editor. That, or they are just trying to some of the character of local sponsorship you might normally see at a track.

dimassa19 likes this.
  22. dimassa19

dimassa19

Why they are hiding the Viper?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Antonio_1989 likes this.
  23. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

They're letting it sneak up in you;) Which is pretty oxymoronic seeing as it's and 8.4 Liter:D

24. sangdude82

sangdude82

I agree. We all love real life tracks but the fictional tracks spice up the things :)

It's shy :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2017
    Atwork and dimassa19 like this.
  25. CarlosGuerra

CarlosGuerra

So the game is called gt sport, for once there are basicly all race cars from one category, and what do they do? invest all time making fake tracks, and not even the ones that people already loved from previous games...genius

karelpipa, boxster233, Lapse and 3 others like this.
  26. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

Okay, I actually kind of like that one. Sort of ironic in a racing scenario.

karelpipa, silverman_GT and EDK like this.
  27. dimassa19

dimassa19

Welcome to GTPlanet!

Chris99673, torque99 and Antonio_1989 like this.
  28. GTP Ziggy

GTP Ziggy

For me this is true. 6 out of the 10 tracks in GTS are fictional/PDI tracks. Realistically I only see GT bringing all FIA sanctioned and licensed tracks into the fray, of which some they had in GT6. The world circuits will make up an additional 8 or 9 tracks in the game. In addition, I see another rally track or point to point track, that being Pikes Peak, since GT has a licensed lock on the course. We know that Brands Hatch, Nurburgring, Willow Springs, and Circuit de la Sarthe are confirmed as real locations in GTS. I see Silverstone, Spa, Monza, Suzuka, Fuji, Mount Panorama, Red Bull Ring, and Circuit of the Americas, being the only new world circuit in GTS being included in the game. And to top this off again, another rally course, or maybe point to point in Pikes Peak which will be new as well.

I would like to see GTS spread and include tracks into the game that are from regions not ever included in GT, like South America and the Southwest Asia (now dubbed "Middle East"). This brings the possibility of tracks like Autódromo José Carlos Pace (also known as Interlagos), Dubai Autodrome, and Yas Marina. I also would not mind seeing Paul Ricard. However, the issue with these tracks is they have one type of car race on them, and GTS is a game that has tracks mostly reflective off of tracks where all their featured classes can race on (or at least I hope).

And let's not count out tracks that have held events with GT sponsorship, like the Isle of Mann, which I see uncertain being included in the game for now.

But this news is still exciting and finally, we get some news on the content in the game.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  29. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

Are we still using the old track count as our yardstick? I thought that 140 cars / 19 tracks were numbers they were throwing around when they honestly didn't look like they knew what they were doing. I see potential for a track expansion along with the supposed "500 car" expansion they announced earlier.

At least, I hope I'm right.

30. Tuscan37

Tuscan37

delete

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018