Here Are the Three New Tracks Coming to GT Sport

Part of the GT charm are it's fictional tracks , it's a thing no other game can offer , at least on the same level.

Deep Forest , El Capitan , Grand Valley , Midfield , SSR11 , Trial Mountain , Smokey Mountain , Complex String ... I could go on.

I'm all for fictional tracks.

I'm going to be honest. Although PD should be adding more real tracks into GTS (since it revolves around, you know, esports and what not), I've always loved their fictional tracks. I say keep adding them, maybe PD has something in mind or something.

Last edited:
I'd rather have a fun track like Mid-Field over monza again

I kinda like Monza actually, the layout is easy to remember :lol:. Just few corner, some chicane, a straight, another chicane, another corner until you reached Parabolica and full throttle to the finish line, pretty simple I guess. For me the only GT tracks that is easy to remember and stuck in my head is Autumn Ring, because of that short chicane sometimes my car goes three wheels when hit that tall curbs lol. Really fun track back when I played GT4 (Also in GT6 as well, I try it in public demo few years ago and the feel still same)

The new fictional tracks looks a million times better than Tokyo. They just need additional atmosphere just to make them not completely lifeless and sterile.

There should still be more focus on real tracks though.

I would take Trial Mountain, Deep Forest and Grand Valley over 95% of real world race tracks I have to say so am all for some new original tracks.

I too love GT fictional tracks. I wish they include more instead of having all F1 tracks. Some popular tracks like Monza, Silverstone are boring IMHO. Definitely Suzuka needs to be there, one of my favorite tracks. RB ring is also nice so hope that makes up to the list. I do not think GTS is going to be the only racing game for most racing fans. Do they want to see same tracks in every game :confused:

Surprised by all the fantasy track hate. If I were to list my favorite tracks to race on in GT (Forza and PCARS too honestly) most of them would be PD originals.

Trial Mountain is probably my favorite track of all time if I had to pick one.

Although the longer oval doesn't interest me at all (long track ovals are super boring IMHO) and neither doesn't the "rally" circuit either, GT6's "rally" tracks felt a lot like driving on the black ice in Blizzard Mountain.
Yeah, drive on the track first then form an opinion.

Looking at the Sardegna replay I must say (with the caveat that it is at near night): It doesn't seem to have defining traits or hallmarks to it. Other than moments facing the large mountain range, the sections blend with each other. There's basically one curve that is "marked" with hay cilinders, a not so dense forest part, and the windmills at the bg in a straight. And they are not strong visual marks.

It's the same problem I have with Cape Ring, other than the circle thingy, it's vast plains and plains with nothing standing visually.

The new oval on the other hand seems way better planned visually from the pictures. From the big tree at a corner, to the poking blue building at another to those stand tents.

Dragontail I'll have to wait and see. Pictures seem to indicate it'll be a long track, so it may suffer from that, but hopefully that beach and see will be populated and there are denser forest sections than the one pictured.

the names - Blue Moon Bay, Dragontrail Seaside, and Sardegna Windmills - are awfu
Yeah, someone needs to fire the guy who names circuits. The best circuit names are evocative; they sound like there is a history behind it, even if you never learn anything more. "Blue Moon Bay" just sounds like a generic name from an arcade racer. I'd call it something like "The Cauldron" because of its shape.

There are plenty of people who like fantasy tracks.
The beauty of fantasy circuits is that the developers can make circuits that are challenging and fun. Especially when there is a dirth of racing games that all use similar circuits.

I can't believe Apricot Hill hasn't been mentioned yet, best PD fictional track ever!
What about Grindelwald, or the criminally under-used Roma Night?

I like the names. Cool and simple imo. Blue Moon Bay sounds like a good place to drink one of my favorite beers ;)

efdd51774768db461c61fdc235cea766.jpg

It's the same problem I have with Cape Ring, other than the circle thingy, it's vast plains and plains with nothing standing visually.
At the opposite end of the spectrum, I find the likes of Grand Valley and Trial Mountain to be cluttered. I suppose that Polyphony were working within the limitation of the hardware when they were first developed, but they were completely unrealistic as racing circuits. Trial Mountain would be the worst circuit to spectate at. As for Grand Valley, they should have cut the final loop of the full course.

I don't understand on why people hate the track names. Could someone explain why a name like "Midfield Raceway", "High Speed Ring", and "Deep Forest Raceway" are better names for an original track than the new ones?
Because they sound completely generic. As has been pointed out, "Blue Moon Bay" sounds like something out of a Ridge Racer game. Meanwhile, "Sardegna Windmills" is set in Sardegna, yet doesn't sound remotely Italian; and "Dragontail Seaside" sounds like it was dreamed up by an eight year-old after playing a marathon session of The Legend of Zelda. At least "Fisherman's Ranch" sounds like it could be a real place, as does the likes of "Midfield Raceway".

At the opposite end of the spectrum, I find the likes of Grand Valley and Trial Mountain to be cluttered. I suppose that Polyphony were working within the limitation of the hardware when they were first developed, but they were completely unrealistic as racing circuits. Trial Mountain would be the worst circuit to spectate at. As for Grand Valley, they should have cut the final loop of the full course.

Because they sound completely generic. As has been pointed out, "Blue Moon Bay" sounds like something out of a Ridge Racer game. Meanwhile, "Sardegna Windmills" is set in Sardegna, yet doesn't sound remotely Italian; and "Dragontail Seaside" sounds like it was dreamed up by an eight year-old after playing a marathon session of The Legend of Zelda. At least "Fisherman's Ranch" sounds like it could be a real place, as does the likes of "Midfield Raceway".

Blue Moon [Bay], Trial [Mt], Dragon Trail [Seaside], Deep [Forest], [Citta di Aria] (Edit: City of Air), [Tahiti] Maze, [Sardegna] Rally, [Swiss] Alps, [Smokey Mt], etc. all have a generic title if you think about it. Either the name describes the track with an adjective, or the area the track is based off of is part of its name. It's really nothing new.

Also, not all tracks are spectator friendly irl either. Nurburgring, Spa, and plenty of others are "cluttered". And if you've ever seen a rally race, or road course, you'd know that confined courses are actually fairly common.

Last edited:
And if you've ever seen a rally race, or road course, you'd know that confined courses are actually fairly common.
I've seen plenty - enough to know that the likes of Trial Mountain are fairly silly. Modern circuits might not allow spectators to see everything at once, but they do allow spectators to see quite a bit. Which is probably what makes Apricot Hill one of the more realistic circuits.

I don't understand on why people hate the track names. Could someone explain why a name like "Midfield Raceway", "High Speed Ring", and "Deep Forest Raceway" are better names for an original track than the new ones?
..."Apricot Hill", "Laguna Seca", "Interlagos" (between lakes).

Last edited:
If PD were waiting to reveal Porsche, they could have been getting Japanese tracks, Macau, New Zealand, USA tracks, Canadian, African South American tracks as well.

Especially with their own track creator. Using a drone to scan tracks, is not unheard of. So, starting a rebirth of GT , could have been done with real tracks.

Not a big deal for me. However, GT1 was all about authentic cars and it had all fantasy tracks(except for maybe that Deep Forest course, as was found to be a real track).

I don't mind generic track names, though the reason for that could be I'm a non-native English user. If the tracks were all in my language, I would certainly pay far more attention to names.

Fictional tracks are great when well designed. They reduce development costs, save time, and provide the team an opportunity to throw in some of their own ideas and make them more interesting, yet realistic. I really wouldn't mind driving only on fictional tracks, GT2 was a living example a fictional track could feel like a real one.

Of course, there are some real circuits that you should never overlook as they really can't be substituted due to their significance or special layout, like the full Nurburgring, Bathurst or Le Sarthe.

Back