Here Are the Three New Tracks Coming to GT Sport

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Apr 11, 2017.

1. sangdude82

sangdude82

Has Circuit of the Americas been confirmed to be included in GT Sport? That would be awesome.

Dave Beerman likes this.
  2. Atwork

Atwork

I am fine with some fake tracks as a change of pace as long as the real track list is good enough.

3. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

I love how the new fictional tracks look, they give me a similar vibe to past GT fictional tracks. The only real world tracks I hope for are Spa and LA Sarthe. Anything else added, I'll consider a bonus.

torque99 likes this.
  4. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

I gotta admit that Polyphony's physics engine might be 2 steps behind Assetto Corsa (yet) but the art of creating the hype, man.... they're unbeatable! :lol:

5. Spagetti69

Spagetti69 Premium

I think dirt rally has raised the bar for Dirt physics on consoles at least. Not sure if GT will match that.

Still I suppose there catering for everyone, I would rather they stuck to asphalt and if needed have a dedicated spin off for dirt based franchise.

6. ss3

ss3

I alway love seeing fictional tracks by Polyphony, there are usually always very unique. I also feel like the 3 new tracks will relate to some other the older GT tracks lost throughout the years ;)

sumbrownkid and dimassa19 like this.
  7. Streeto

Streeto

The early games were heavily fantasy-track based, it's part of GT, I love it. All the same, real ones are obviously cool.

8. silverman_GT

silverman_GT

If PD brought back Weaver or Bolland like GT1 i'd lose my s:censored:t right now.

And I don't think it's possible for me to complain about 'fake tracks' when the first track I drove in GT was High Speed Ring and Grand Valley Speedway. If PD somehow managed to 'break the floodgates' and remaster those tracks in GT Sport though...what a time to be alive.

9. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

Suddenly, new tracks! It's about time we saw something different - like most people, I was getting sick of seeing Tokyo, Nurburgring, Brands, Willow Springs and Fisherman's Ranch. I don't care if the tracks are fake - it's probably better if they are because you don't know the layout, only adding to the fun and excitement. Which GT Sport is striving to create.

10. Robin

Robin Premium

I would have much preferred old classic tracks returning rather than new, rather cheezy named, tracks being added.

PD has more than enough well loved fictional tracks in it's history, if your going to do fictional you should be re-doing them imo.

mrnascar242424 and RadishTM like this.
  11. jubeiiiii246

jubeiiiii246 (Banned)

sangdude82 and Dylan like this.
  12. jubeiiiii246

jubeiiiii246 (Banned)

Is it me or the those terrain look a little bit rough? They look low polygon, overall the track look nice but it needs more polishing.[/QUOTE]
    Wait what the hell? It looks like El Capitan because of the Blue and white curbs

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    gtracedriver1 likes this.
  13. RaceBooth

RaceBooth

Real or fake tracks its better to have newer fake tracks than the same boring real circuits from the previous games that no one wanted to begin with. Plus if PD won't add in the real life tracks i or we want, bring in anew fictional gt track to the life it'll shut me up until the next game is near by.

gtracedriver1, Gr4ndy and dimassa19 like this.
  14. RadishTM

RadishTM

Interesting, if it's the former. Shame, if it's the latter; just seems tacky and not what I come to expect from PD :boggled:

Kinda reminds me of PCARS1 with the fake sponsors and how PCARS2 has now come full circle with official sponsorships on cars/tracks to be authentic :tup:

Dresden likes this.
  15. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Really? Tell me again. What I don't want. :rolleyes: You speak for yourself mate.

16. forzaturismo

forzaturismo

17. Andyc709292

Andyc709292

Nice, but if they want my buck then the catalogue from GT4 please - the street racing in that version was awesome, and for that matter so was everything else in fact...

MMX and another_jakhole like this.
  18. sangdude82

sangdude82

jubeiiiii246 likes this.
  19. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

20. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

And SLRE has raised it even higher ;) Can't see GTS matching either of them to be honest. And agree with you about a dedicated spin off. More dirt tracks just means less proper racing circuits.

Spagetti69 and Johnnypenso like this.
  21. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

No there has been no mention of it. There are still plenty of circuits to be revealed so you never know.

sangdude82 likes this.
  22. Nessy

Nessy

I know the GT series has only ever had 18 real life tracks (never all at once though) but I welcome the creativity of their fantasy tracks. For me, some of them are far more memorable than real life ones.

Can't wait! for this game. :drool:

(EDIT)

19 (Daytona). 20 if you count the TG test track.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    bremics and Sharpie like this.
  23. trustjab

trustjab

I think people are jumping the gun. It's still early days (that's an oxymoron) so we have a lot left to see. I like the old tracks, Midfield, El Capitan, Deep Forest etc. but I also loved Sierra from GT6 and spent many days 500pp'ing that track. Don't pretend any of you online didn't either play the hell out of it or saw thousands of rooms playing the hell out of it :lol: If PD replicate that level of fun in new fantasy tracks, we'll get just as much if not more enjoyment out of it than running something like Silverstone every weekend, imo of course. I'll take the new and the old, real and the fantasy. That's what GT does!

24. bremics

bremics

Surprised by all the fantasy track hate. If I were to list my favorite tracks to race on in GT (Forza and PCARS too honestly) most of them would be PD originals.

Trial Mountain is probably my favorite track of all time if I had to pick one.

Although the longer oval doesn't interest me at all (long track ovals are super boring IMHO) and neither doesn't the "rally" circuit either, GT6's "rally" tracks felt a lot like driving on the black ice in Blizzard Mountain.

Streeto, azeeza, dimassa19 and 5 others like this.
  25. Nessy

Nessy

This. :tup:

gtracedriver1 likes this.
  26. rayeski

rayeski

I was just playing the updated beta and let the game roll into some scapes and replays from the main menu. I was treated to a full replay of a Renault Megane and Lotus Evora racing on the new Sardegna track. Also, a couple silver 911 GT3 RS scapes showed up and looked beautiful.

SZRT Ice likes this.
  27. Mt. Lynx

Mt. Lynx Premium

Fantasy tracks... they may be good (Midfield <3), but there are so many amazing real tracks out there, so I would prefer that.
    I do understand that the cost diffence in making them is considerable though.

boxster233 likes this.
  28. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

Well made fantasy tracks are welcome and they don't suffer from the "tilke syndrome". In GT they have been a hit and miss but there are a few from GT1 and GT2 that have made an ever lasting impression :tup:.

29. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

I'm surprised by the presence of fantasy tracks in what is supposed to be an FIA endorsed esport title, but the best fantasy tracks are better than you could get away with building in the real world.

Imari and another_jakhole like this.
  30. JamboGT

JamboGT

I would take Trial Mountain, Deep Forest and Grand Valley over 95% of real world race tracks I have to say so am all for some new original tracks.