Here Are the Three New Tracks Coming to GT Sport

For me this is true. 6 out of the 10 tracks in GTS are fictional/PDI tracks. Realistically I only see GT bringing all FIA sanctioned and licensed tracks to the fray, of which some they had in GT6. The world circuits will make up an additional 8 tracks in the game. In addition, I see another rally track or point to point track, that being Pikes Peak, since GT has a license lock on the course. We know that Brands Hatch, Nurburgring, Willow Springs, and Circuit de la Sarthe are confirmed as real locations in GTS. I see Silverstone, Spa, Monza, Suzuka, Fuji, Mount Panorama, Red Bull Ring, and Circuit of the Americas, being the only new world circuit in GTS. And to top this off again, another rally course, or maybe point to point in Pikes Peak.

I would like to see GTS spread and include tracks into the game that are from regions not ever included in GT, like South America and the Southwest Asia (now dubbed "Middle East"). This brings the possibility of tracks like Autódromo José Carlos Pace (also known as Interlagos), Dubai Autodrome, and Yas Marina. I also would not mind seeing Paul Ricard. However, the issue with these tracks is they have one type of car race on them, and GTS is a game that has tracks mostly reflective off of tracks where all their featured classes can race on (or at least I hope).

And let's not count out tracks that have held events with GT sponsorship, like the Isle of Mann, which I see uncertain being included in the game for now.

But this news is still exciting and finally, we get some news on the content in the game.
Has Circuit of the Americas been confirmed to be included in GT Sport? That would be awesome.

I love how the new fictional tracks look, they give me a similar vibe to past GT fictional tracks. The only real world tracks I hope for are Spa and LA Sarthe. Anything else added, I'll consider a bonus.

I alway love seeing fictional tracks by Polyphony, there are usually always very unique. I also feel like the 3 new tracks will relate to some other the older GT tracks lost throughout the years ;)

BlueMoonBay_06.jpg

APEX / LEMPEL Technologies / KEN CHAN DELI / SCARLETLINE / UNDERSTEER Engineering? GT has always used real track sponsors, even in their fictional tracks. PD seem to be padding that out with the screenshot above.
If PD brought back Weaver or Bolland like GT1 i'd lose my s:censored:t right now.

And I don't think it's possible for me to complain about 'fake tracks' when the first track I drove in GT was High Speed Ring and Grand Valley Speedway. If PD somehow managed to 'break the floodgates' and remaster those tracks in GT Sport though...what a time to be alive.

Suddenly, new tracks! It's about time we saw something different - like most people, I was getting sick of seeing Tokyo, Nurburgring, Brands, Willow Springs and Fisherman's Ranch. I don't care if the tracks are fake - it's probably better if they are because you don't know the layout, only adding to the fun and excitement. Which GT Sport is striving to create.

I would have much preferred old classic tracks returning rather than new, rather cheezy named, tracks being added.

PD has more than enough well loved fictional tracks in it's history, if your going to do fictional you should be re-doing them imo.

Is it me or the those terrain look a little bit rough? They look low polygon, overall the track look nice but it needs more polishing.[/QUOTE]
Wait what the hell? It looks like El Capitan because of the Blue and white curbs

Last edited:
Real or fake tracks its better to have newer fake tracks than the same boring real circuits from the previous games that no one wanted to begin with. Plus if PD won't add in the real life tracks i or we want, bring in anew fictional gt track to the life it'll shut me up until the next game is near by.

EDK
Those on the inside look to be directly in front of pit boxes. So I speculate that they could relate to what will happen with the livery editor. That, or they are just trying to some of the character of local sponsorship you might normally see at a track.

Interesting, if it's the former. Shame, if it's the latter; just seems tacky and not what I come to expect from PD :boggled:

Kinda reminds me of PCARS1 with the fake sponsors and how PCARS2 has now come full circle with official sponsorships on cars/tracks to be authentic 👍

Real or fake tracks its better to have newer fake tracks than the same boring real circuits from the previous games that no one wanted to begin with. Plus if PD won't add in the real life tracks i or we want, bring in anew fictional gt track to the life it'll shut me up until the next game is near by.
Really? Tell me again. What I don't want. :rolleyes: You speak for yourself mate.

I think dirt rally has raised the bar for Dirt physics on consoles at least. Not sure if GT will match that.

Still I suppose there catering for everyone, I would rather they stuck to asphalt and if needed have a dedicated spin off for dirt based franchise.
And SLRE has raised it even higher ;) Can't see GTS matching either of them to be honest. And agree with you about a dedicated spin off. More dirt tracks just means less proper racing circuits.

I know the GT series has only ever had 18 real life tracks (never all at once though) but I welcome the creativity of their fantasy tracks. For me, some of them are far more memorable than real life ones.

Can't wait! for this game. :drool:

(EDIT)

19 (Daytona). 20 if you count the TG test track.

Last edited:
I think people are jumping the gun. It's still early days (that's an oxymoron) so we have a lot left to see. I like the old tracks, Midfield, El Capitan, Deep Forest etc. but I also loved Sierra from GT6 and spent many days 500pp'ing that track. Don't pretend any of you online didn't either play the hell out of it or saw thousands of rooms playing the hell out of it :lol: If PD replicate that level of fun in new fantasy tracks, we'll get just as much if not more enjoyment out of it than running something like Silverstone every weekend, imo of course. I'll take the new and the old, real and the fantasy. That's what GT does!

Surprised by all the fantasy track hate. If I were to list my favorite tracks to race on in GT (Forza and PCARS too honestly) most of them would be PD originals.

Trial Mountain is probably my favorite track of all time if I had to pick one.

Although the longer oval doesn't interest me at all (long track ovals are super boring IMHO) and neither doesn't the "rally" circuit either, GT6's "rally" tracks felt a lot like driving on the black ice in Blizzard Mountain.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Kyle Patrick (@SlipZtrEm) on April 11th, 2017 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.

I was just playing the updated beta and let the game roll into some scapes and replays from the main menu. I was treated to a full replay of a Renault Megane and Lotus Evora racing on the new Sardegna track. Also, a couple silver 911 GT3 RS scapes showed up and looked beautiful.

Fantasy tracks... they may be good (Midfield <3), but there are so many amazing real tracks out there, so I would prefer that.
I do understand that the cost diffence in making them is considerable though.

I'm surprised by the presence of fantasy tracks in what is supposed to be an FIA endorsed esport title, but the best fantasy tracks are better than you could get away with building in the real world.

Back