Here Are the Three New Tracks Coming to GT Sport

I like the names. Cool and simple imo. Blue Moon Bay sounds like a good place to drink one of my favorite beers ;)

efdd51774768db461c61fdc235cea766.jpg
I have a feeling they could have named the tracks Car Boat Fish Speedway and Orange Cow Speed-O-Rama and you still would have liked them:lol:

Blue Moon [Bay], Trial [Mt], Dragon Trail [Seaside], Deep [Forest], [Citta di Aria] (city area), [Tahiti] Maze, [Sardegna] Rally, [Swiss] Alps, [Smokey Mt], etc. all have a generic title if you think about it. Either the name describes the track with an adjective, or the area the track is based off of is part of its name. It's really nothing new.

Also, not all tracks are spectator friendly irl either. Nurburgring, Spa, and plenty of others are "cluttered". And if you've ever seen a rally race, or road course, you'd know that confined courses are actually fairly common.

Precisely put.

And I'll add that the naming Dragontrail Seaside is wrong.
And so is Sardegna Windmills.

:lol::lol::lol:

SardegnaWindmills_03-640x360.jpg

Clearly just Sardegna.

DragontrailSeaside_01-640x360.jpg

Clearly Dragon Trail International Raceway.

Seems like the file names had the qualifiers from whomever captured them: Windmills for windmills and Seaside for the seaside, and they were bulk named? like that. GTP guy ran with it thinking they were the track names.

Ya blew it :gtplanet:.

I don't understand on why people hate the track names. Could someone explain why a name like "Midfield Raceway", "High Speed Ring", and "Deep Forest Raceway" are better names for an original track than the new ones?
Yes, those names are much better than the new ones.
Why would I like that? Just because I'm a fan of GT I have to like absurdities? Give me some credit, sheesh! That's like me saying, I bet if they called it a name you chose, you still would have disliked them.
I have the same feeling. It's no shocker to see that you like these lame names.

Also from what I've seen, no part of that track is reconisable as Sardegna to me. They may as well have called it "Windmills some place"

@SZRT Ice Citta di Aria= city of Air.

Last edited:
It's no shocker to see that you like these lame names.
Yes, I like these "lame names". Sorry I'm so lame :(

There's no windmills apparently. Just Sardegna. Which seems like it's taken from Sardinia, an Italian island. And Dragontrail looks like it dropped seaside. I didn't think there was anything wrong with it anyway. If it's actually by the seaside. And Dragontrail has a cool sound asian sound to it.

I've seen plenty - enough to know that the likes of Trial Mountain are fairly silly. Modern circuits might not allow spectators to see everything at once, but they do allow spectators to see quite a bit. Which is probably what makes Apricot Hill one of the more realistic circuits.

Not really sure why tracks being open & spectator friendly is important in a video game/sim. The more trackside objects, the greater the sense of speeds, and the more reference points one has to choose from. It's also the biggest issue with off-road courses here on GTP. And again, tracks like Mount Panorama, Nurburgring, Isle of Man, Spa, etc. don't all have the most spectator friendly layouts.

That's not to say we don't need a decent amount of open tracks for good competitive racing. But sometimes, the track is meant to be your competition, and so tracks like Cita di Aria, Cote de Azur, Nurburgring, etc. help to bring some welcomed variety in a uniform racing world where many tracks honestly feel mundane to race. And with all it's gripes, I actually like the Tokyo track and wish the Hong Kong track from GT4 would make a return as well. But that's just me.

Last edited:

Thanks for the correction, but that's a very pompous remark by the two of you. What makes your tastes and opinions so much better than those of others? You guys need to remove your heads from wherever it's stuck. I'm sure many wouldn't give two cents about whatever names you'd come up with.

So what would you guys call a fictional track yourself?
It depends on the circuit. Trial Mountain is obviously set around a mountain. It's got a few blind corners and some tricky apexes - it's a trial; hence, "Trial Mountain".

I'm looking forward to seeing the new tracks being raced on this weekend.

I can't say I'm overly excited about another oval, nor the second dirt track, but hopefully the Dragon track will be a good addition to the track roster.

Also from what I've seen, no part of that track is reconisable as Sardegna to me. They may as well have called it "Windmills some place"

Citta di Aria I think refers to the meaning of aria as musical composition used in operas to designate certain pieces for a single singer that are normally used as proof of virtuosity.

Citta di Aria is a very fast italian based track without overtaking possibilities, which I think was created as a rally circuit to test the skill of the players.

Since these images were released alongside the new-track-blowout sets, the discussion has been merged with that original article. 👍

Citta di Aria I think refers to the meaning of aria as musical composition used in operas to designate certain pieces for a single singer that are normally used as proof of virtuosity.

Citta di Aria is a very fast italian based track without overtaking possibilities, which I think was created as a rally circuit to test the skill of the players.
no citta d'aria is a fake name that indicates the Amalfi Coast whit POSITANO,AMALFI, VIETRI ;RAVELLO,SORRENTO

Back