Here's the Finalized Mad Box Console Design — But What's Project CARS Revolution?

I'm so glad they settled on this design over the others, it makes the most sense in terms of being able to place it in your AV setup. I'm curious about the front screen and how that's going to work as it's something I've not seen on a console before (innovation is always good) but I can see it being quite distracting when the console is on and so far it seems like it displays the kind of information you already get on your main screen.

EDIT: What happens to the screen when you wall mount it?

Last edited:
Ian Bell Dissagrees

"We've learned a lesson here and although we have no intention of reducing content, we know what we need to fix, where we made design decisions that were, let's call it, 'sub-optimal'. pCARS3 will be more of a spiritual successor to Shift, but with all of the sim goodness everyone appreciates".

I take it you also read his follow up replies?

Regarding physics:

Absolutely not. It will be even more detailed. That's why I mentioned that we won't be losing any 'sim goodness'... Real cars aren't hard to drive.

It's more 'Shift' in terms of us giving you less of a 'sandbox' and more of a fun game. Aside from that we plan to really go to town on sim goodness...

Regarding the sandbox approach:

We're not 'taking away the sandbox'... we're just adding more of a structured fun game to the mix.

How can you put the console in vertical orientation if...

the sides that would become the base are not flat
and they contain ventilation
not to mention, the innovative futuristic front display would be very space limited even if it rotates like a cellphone display.

Next Project Cars should be only on this Mad Box as Gran Turismo on PlayStation. Let's see if it will work expecting people will buy their console only to play the game. :lol:

Okay, now THAT looks amazing. Very classy, looks like it means business, a tad aggressive too... :drool: Nice, very nice. 👍

Edit: Ohh, I just noticed the Project CARS Revolution "hint"... I feel like it might not fit with the racing scheme of things... GT uses "Sport", AC uses "competizione"...we know both those have something to do with competition, but PC seems to be aiming towards all-out war (maybe against those very titles???) :P I dunno, maybe that's just my observation...

Last edited:
I may be talking out of my ass here, since im not an expert. But with a PC based architecture and an OS that is not a mess, i wouldnt joke that much about this guy's project... i mean, disbelief and mockery seem to be the vibe everywhere, maybe i really am missing something...

Anyway... about the design: LEDs, front displays, touchscreens... i know what game im playing, don't want to pay more to be reminded of it. Let the "Mad" part stay under the hood and make it cheaper than the others, even if its a black box with some ports.

I wonder how it stands on streaming, which is a certainty in the (very) near future.

I'm curious about the front screen and how that's going to work as it's something I've not seen on a console before (innovation is always good) but I can see it being quite distracting when the console is on and so far it seems like it displays the kind of information you already get on your main screen.

EDIT: What happens to the screen when you wall mount it?

I, for one, have no interest in having my game console notify me when I have a new email. Much less via a screen on the front of the console. For that matter, I don't want my game console to even know that I have email. As for the front screen, I can't help but think that's not going to be cheap at scale.

I, for one, have no interest in having my game console notify me when I have a new email. Much less via a screen on the front of the console. For that matter, I don't want my game console to even know that I have email. As for the front screen, I can't help but think that's not going to be cheap at scale.
All modern day consoles know you have an email, though.

I'm liking this new design. Sleek and futuristic looking.
Added to that plus the innovations it seems to me like SMS leading the way to the future.
The competition must be peeping for sure.

Guess Pcars Revolution means nothing and i dont like this flashy design either, but there is one good thing about the constant Slightly Mad/ Ian Bell news: i played Project Cars 2 again and i'm really enjoying it

Back