Honda Civic Type-R to get 2.0 turbo engine (300bhp+)

• Thread starter Horde_R35
  • 254 comments
Type R revealed for a split second in a TV ad. Blink and you'll miss it at around 0:31.

I'm pretty sure that is the Type R concept in black, teasers for the production model do not show LED strips in the bumper.

I'm pretty sure that is the Type R concept in black, teasers for the production model do not show LED strips in the bumper.
Yep it's the the concept.
Screenshot_2015-02-21-09-40-27~2.jpg

Love the front, and I love the idea of the car, but that wing is killing it for me. A big wing is one thing, but the shape of the wing matters, and that one just has too much going on for me. If they made the bits that stick out to the side a little more subtle I'd like it.

I was also never a fan of the rear split window that Honda and Toyota are so fond of lately. The whole rest of it looks great, inside and out, but the rear looks like they weren't sure what they wanted it to look like, the lines don't really work well with each other, to me. But like with most cars, I can't say for sure whether I like it until I see it for myself. There's only so much that can be conveyed through a still image on a flat screen.

Last edited:
Compared to the concept wing, that is awful. Hopefully the aftermarket sorts that out.

It's a Civic. The aftermarket will sort it out, while having a plethora of even tackier looking accessories.

I really can't wait to see one of these done up by someone with taste, though. It's an excellent starting point to make a serious jaw-dropper.

It looks like they just raided the Mugen parts bin and stuck on the rear wing from the old FN2.

Last edited:
If it comes here. All I've been hearing is that we'll get the engine in something else.
People are already speculating that it won't come here to the states. With the few exceptions that think it'll come here because of the Focus RS.

I'd be all over the Type R if it came without the boy racer aero parts. Hopefully that's the case for the US. Make a Civic Crosstour Type R.

Interesting car, would be great to see an exciting Honda in the US again, but I can't help thinking that it's all a bit too late after Ford ran away with the performance flag here.

Anyway, Honda. If you'd like to give us a more basic Civic Si with the same body (just turn down the aero bits, please), maybe 260 BHP, and a similar suspension setup, that'd be great. Oh, and do it for under $27k.

Sincerely,
Me

Back