Horizon 3 Officially Unveiled - Welcome to Australia!

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 548 comments
Considering Australia is known for its scary and dangerous animals, they should be featured in some missions.

Outrun the Giant Spider that is chasing you.

Dodge the Crocodiles biting at your tyres.

Jump over the Great White Shark.

Add a bit of danger.
I think this would probably mark the point at which the series has officially jumped the shark. Just kidding.

My suggestion for the club name: GTP S14 Owners Club :lol:

I'm just glad that the insane jumps of Storm Island are now incorporated into the main game.

Last edited:
Same here mate, I expected more of the same, but it sounds like a big step up and makes Horizon 2 look weak retrospectively, but it was a year 1 game after all, this time they're seriously bringing it. And it makes every other racing game on the market look kinda poor feature and content wise, other than FM6 of course. FM7 will have to step up it's game considerably to match PG's offering, VR support on the Scorpio would certainly get my attention.

It's almost certain that FM7 will have VR support built in for Scorpio only. I also think PG have exceeded expectations on FM3, and it's pretty amazing the amount of features they managed to get into this version.

Now, is this "Drone Mode"?

JqqNcQ8.jpg

I didn't think about it, but it would make sense to give other players a visual reference for the camera. If that is it, it's really cool that you'll actually see drones flying around. I wonder if there's limits on how far you can get from your own vehicle, it'd be cool to just do an aerial tour of the whole place.

I didn't think about it, but it would make sense to give other players a visual reference for the camera. If that is it, it's really cool that you'll actually see drones flying around. I wonder if there's limits on how far you can get from your own vehicle, it'd be cool to just do an aerial tour of the whole place.

I've heard that Drone mode will let you explore the entire map in real time, since it's mainly focused for those who make cinematic videos.

Someone could remake the Australian top gear episode :D
I've only watched series 1 of Top Gear Australia, but I found it quite good. Shame the hosts seemed to change so often. Drone mode sounds really cool though. I won't be able to play FH3, since I don't have an Xbox One, but I'm hearing something about certain Xbox One titles being playable on Windows 10. Is it streaming the game or something? Do you need an Xbox One to play the game on Play Anywhere?

I've only watched series 1 of Top Gear Australia, but I found it quite good. Shame the hosts seemed to change so often. Drone mode sounds really cool though. I won't be able to play FH3, since I don't have an Xbox One, but I'm hearing something about certain Xbox One titles being playable on Windows 10. Is it streaming the game or something? Do you need an Xbox One to play the game on Play Anywhere?
Not Australian top gear, the regular top gear going to Australia a season or two ago :P

No you don't need an Xbox one. From now on every forza title released will be released for Xbox and PC.

I won't be able to play FH3, since I don't have an Xbox One, but I'm hearing something about certain Xbox One titles being playable on Windows 10. Is it streaming the game or something? Do you need an Xbox One to play the game on Play Anywhere?

Basically, if you buy the game in its digital format in either the Xbox Live Store or the Windows Store you are able to play it on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC without streaming anything. Full multiplayer cross-play is also available, and saved data storage, achievement unlocks and bought DLCs are backed up on the cloud too.

No you don't need an Xbox one. From now on every forza title released will be released for Xbox and PC.
Oh really? Well, that changes things. Are the recommended specs available yet?

I might wait until I upgrade my PC before I get a Forza game on PC, although I'm fairly sure I could run it at the Xbox One's settings, which would be okay for me. I'm running a GTX 660, 16GB of RAM with an i7 4770 @ 3.40 GHz.

Not Australian top gear, the regular top gear going to Australia a season or two ago :P
Ah, yes. Tell you what though, the three original hosts of TG Australia were funny at points. One episode, the series 1 finale, they were in Tasmania, with a DB9, Gallardo Superleggera and a 911 turbo. Charlie Cox (driving the 911) had a funny line: "There's only one thing I hate about this Porsche." *Lamborghini passes* "That. Sounds like a 4 wheeled orgasm!" (If that word isn't allowed, just tell me and I'll edit that out.)

Basically, if you buy the game in its digital format in either the Xbox Live Store or the Windows Store you are able to play it on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC without streaming anything. Full multiplayer cross-play is also available, and saved data storage, achievement unlocks and bought DLCs are backed up on the cloud too.
Now that is awesome. I missed out on Forza since the Xbox One came out, and it's great to see that I can start getting back into it.

I might wait until I upgrade my PC before I get a Forza game on PC, although I'm fairly sure I could run it at the Xbox One's settings, which would be okay for me. I'm running a GTX 660, 16GB of RAM with an i7 4770 @ 3.40 GHz.
Your GPU might be bottlenecking you, though. Forza Apex might not be representative of H3, but it's pretty greedy as far as hardware is concerned.

Your GPU might be bottlenecking you, though. Forza Apex might not be representative of H3, but it's pretty greedy as far as hardware is concerned.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. Honestly, even if I can only get 30 fps at decent settings, I'd be fine. That drone mode would be so good for me, since I love making cinematic videos and what not.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. Honestly, even if I can only get 30 fps at decent settings, I'd be fine. That drone mode would be so good for me, since I love making cinematic videos and what not.
You have to remember that Apex is a version of Forza 6 and Forza 6 was never designed with Windows 10 in mind and hence is not particularly well optimised. FH3 and FM7 will have been designed with cross play in mind and hence should run better on Windows 10.

You have to remember that Apex is a version of Forza 6 and Forza 6 was never designed with Windows 10 in mind and hence is not particularly well optimised. FH3 and FM7 will have been designed with cross play in mind and hence should run better on Windows 10.

That's good to know for sure.. I wonder why the PC version of F6 doesn't showcase better car detail and particle effects or dynamic lighting at night. T10 will probably have to redo some of the game's visual aspects I suppose.

I'm sure H3 and F7 on PC will truly offer users improved visuals in terms of lighting, detail and particle effects, rather than just a 4K resolution. Which, the X1 can now do too BTW, thanks to the slim model.

P.S: resolution looked absolutely sick in one of the more recent vids of a well-known dude playing H3 on a 65" 4K TV with motion simulator.

Back