Horizon Zero DawnPS4 

P1 any day :sly::)

A compilation of a few battles from my UH NG+ playthrough :)

Also a question how many here play with AA off? First thing i did when i first got the game was turn that off :cool: Nothing better then getting that shot and knowing it was all you :)

I played the game with the aim assist off. At first I thought that the shooting was really bad and imprecise, as my arrows would just go places I wasn't really aiming for, and then I found out it was because of aim assist so I turned it off. It became a little harder but it felt waaay more rewarding for hitting consecutive crits.

Hopefully I can get this game soon since my PS4 crapped out. I'd love to give this game a go.

It's really a great game and well done. It keeps you engaged with the lore of the world and who Aloy is. I'm about halfway through the game and have enjoyed it so far. I'm looking forward to the DLC.

I hear you need to be at least Lv.30 before even thinking of entering the area, and the highest level you can now reach in the game has been raised by 10 to Lv.60.

I'm guessing you could download this and play it like it's part of the game, rather than finishing the main story and then playing this? I'm currently Lv.27 and I don't think I'm halfway there with the story.

Last edited:
I hear you need to be at least Lv.30 before even thinking of entering the area, and the highest level you can now reach in the game has been raised by 10 to Lv.60.

I'm guessing you could download this and play it like it's part of the game, rather than finishing the main story and then playing this? I'm currently Lv.27 and I don't think I'm halfway there with the story.
True on all those points. I went in at lvl 44 as I was in the area dealing with The Grave Hoard mission - I even got a querulous comment from the one I was doing a mission for at the time (I won't divulge more as you probably haven't got that far yet.) I thought that was a nice touch.

You probably could do it now but that first Scorcher is ruddy evil - so be prepared.

The frozen wilds was fun but short, finished it in only one day haha :)

@Orayani

Few questions?

The Scorcher is easy

freeze, hardpoint arrows, done.. Its nothing more but a ravager just a little faster

Are you not able to play on Ultra hard without using the shield weaver?

i passed the frozen wilds on UH with my normal gear.
and if you know me how much i hate the shield weaver :) i even dropped it from my inventory to make room for the new armors, feels so good not to have the shield weaver in my inventory :bowdown::D

SPOILER VIDEOS AHEAD
the-frozen-wilds 3 FrostClaws Battle

The Frozen Wilds "Last Boss"

Last edited:
I platinum'd this game in (I think) less than a week on my old PSN. It's going to be nice doing it again on my new PSN. This time on Ultra Hard the whole way through.

You had to have been doing the main story missions only to complete Frozen Wilds in one day ;)

One day for missions
side quest
errads

two days in total for 100%

:)

I got 7 million shards and the best Mods outfits and weapons and on top of that i play this game alot.

It wasn't gonna be so hard for me to finish everything

One day for missions
side quest
errads

two days in total for 100%

:)

I got 7 million shards and the best Mods outfits and weapons and on top of that i play this game alot.

It wasn't gonna be so hard for me to finish everything
Yup, I remember seeing your impressive coil-list and mods - it's just the distances you'd need to cover, or were you using travel packs? That's what I meant by the question really, the whole 15-20 hour thing is a bit misleading if so :)

@Chikane I hadn’t played the game since April or May so I was rusty. The Scorcher can still kill you even with the Weaver, however I did take it off for other fights with two other Scorchers.

The Scorchers do not die quick on Ultra Hard even if you’ve blew all the bits off.

I’m also playing the game now with no crosshair.

@Chikane I hadn’t played the game since April or May so I was rusty. The Scorcher can still kill you even with the Weaver, however I did take it off for other fights with two other Scorchers.

The Scorchers do not die quick on Ultra Hard even if you’ve blew all the bits off.

I’m also playing the game now with no crosshair.

I been playing with the HUD off for a long time

"Reticule And Concentration indicator" And Enemy Stats Effects, And Damage Numbers,

turning all those off makes for some pretty good battles

My HUD Setup " Only downside is long range head shots :crazy:
Horizon_Zero_Dawn_20171112194625.png
Horizon_Zero_Dawn_20171112194704.png
Horizon_Zero_Dawn_20171112194715.png

Last edited:
I been playing with the HUD off for a long time

"Reticule And Concentration indicator" And Enemy Stats Effects, And Damage Numbers,

turning all those off makes for some pretty good battles

My HUD Setup " Only downside is long range head shots :crazy:

The only part I have enabled is potions and robot repair. What is a real challenge, undoing my memory of normal Y axis stick movement and learning inverted Y axis. I always had problems when using it for flight controls so it makes sense to learn it.

It was fun doing this with the Bandit camp but damn did it screw with my mind the first day.

So I spent a few hours with the game now and I’m glad to say that I quite like it. Typically open world type of games are not my favorite because most of the time they feature an insane amount of fetch type quests that are mindnumbingly boring and basically just bloat an overall short game. In this game, I’m sure there will be some of it too, but so far I can see the gameplay making it still fun to play.

It’s similar to FarCry series, but I’m glad they made the choice to have machines instead of animals to hunt. First of all, I hate to see animals suffer, there is enough of it IRL as is. Even more importantly, having these machines have their own personality and weak spots makes for a far better gameplay. I hope there is even more variety as the game goes on. It could be similar to Dead Space series, where you have to dismember enemies and also use some other techniques unique to each type.

Anyone deep into Frozen Wilds? I'm having some issues progression-wise, but don't necessarily want place spoilers for those not that far into the story yet.

Thanks, wasn't sure if the spoiler tag would work. But anyway:

Tips on the fireclaw in the cauldron? I just got back into HZD for the first time in months, and I'm currently playing on Very Hard (started the base game on that difficulty and made it to the very end; currently level 53). I've gotten it down to half-health a few times, but I can't seem to get a proper pattern on it. That thing hits HARD and fast. Maybe I'm just playing sloppy?

Some more thoughts, this time the negatives.

The main voice actor is probably the weakest part of the main cast, at least so far. She is OK but others are much more convincing.

I understand why the game runs at 30fps, but it does hurt the game quite a bit. I hope by PS5 30fps will be a thing of the past (at least give an option of 1080p@60 or 4k@30 when the new consoles release).

That cocky boy yelling in fear at the end of the Proving was annoying as ... you know what.

Back