Hot Wheels Gran Turismo returning in 2018

Well, this version is not in the game and the livery itself is quite different, which makes me believe that this is just an old Hot wheels from GT4 or GT5

Well, this version is not in the game and the livery itself is quite different, which makes me believe that this is just an old Hot wheels from GT4 or GT5
The old hot wheels collaboration from 2015 had cars from GT4-Sport . The 1$ line had the R32 GTR in the touring car livery / Jaguar XJ200 from GT4 / Pagani Haruya in 15Th anniversary trim and the premium line had a GR3 vette ( gt3 corvette ) Lambo Veneno / Ford GT LM .
Also I told @Wardez to post the upcoming Hot wheels VGT here a few months ago when I took a picture from a Mattel press conference . We are getting Another 1$ line and another Premium line . The Hot wheels VGT is a GR1 Twin mill . I'm not sure when these sets are droping but licencing was leaked almost a year and a half ago . I knew GT was getting a second batch when they did a second forza one . The GT sets sold out while the forza ones stayed up forever .

Last edited:
Yes , I'm happy the Megane Trophy is back . It was the damn cover car of GT6's day one edition . Mattel stepped it up . The iconic Pace car , Gt4 cover car , BOTH Gt6 cover cars . M4 And Vette were introduced to the world in Granturismo and the Renault pays homage to GT sport . The Lancer and McLaren are kind of oddballs . The last set was kind of disappointing since there was two lambos . It felt more like a GT5-6 set than a set celebrating gt's history .

Last edited:
Sweeeeet. Looks like I have more Hot Wheels Replicas to make :sly:

Sadly, I suspect the "Ford GT LM Race Car" is yet another recast of this:

I mean really, they actually went to the trouble of making a new casting for the VGT but just cheaped on a popular car from GT4.

Haven't seen any of these around, saw the Forza ones though so hopefully these will come to the UK at some point.

Sweeeeet. Looks like I have more Hot Wheels Replicas to make :sly:

Sadly, I suspect the "Ford GT LM Race Car" is yet another recast of this:

I mean really, they actually went to the trouble of making a new casting for the VGT but just cheaped on a popular car from GT4.
Of course it is , hot wheels doesn't have a 2005 Ford GT , just the original and the 2016 one . The black Gt 40 also existed prior to to GT set , it just so happened that it resembled the PD model . They aren't going to introduce a New casting in a 1$ range . Were also getting a 5$ premium set this year . My best bet is were getting two New castings ( Hot wheels VGT and maybe the r31 skyline )

Edit . The car has a plastic spoiler , easily removable . Were lucky as that casting has a metal spoiler variant .

Last edited:
For a minute there I thought the Forza Hot Wheels DLC was coming to GTS but that's ridiculous.

Can you imagine the Twin Mill on Tsukuba.

But seriously, if these were at my local K-Mart I'd probably buy a few for a kicks.

I love the Ebbro 1:43 scale... almost an official partner of Super GT and GT but obviously a lot more expensive.

Does anyone know where I can buy the new GT set in Europe?
HWGT-SET.jpg

View attachment 731328
Nissan Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R '02
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept '13
BMW M4 Safety Car (GT6 vesion)
McLaren F1 GTR Base Model '95 (McLaren Orange)
Renault Sport R.S.01 GT3 '16
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II '04
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X Rally Car
Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6 '11 15th Anniv

There, the car list.

Nissan Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R '02
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept '13
BMW M4 Safety Car (GT6 vesion)
McLaren F1 GTR Base Model '95 (McLaren Orange)
Renault Sport R.S.01 GT3 '16
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II '04
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X Rally Car
Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6 '11 15th Anniv

There, the car list.

I think you misread his post entirely:

Back