How about a new round of guess that car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Fred-
  • 3,730 comments
  • 126,508 views
Originally posted by mr_pushrod
DOH!!! Maybe GTJugend was right about my lack of skills, lol.
Saab Sonnet?

I've got to hand it to you, pushrod, your esoteric-car skills are about as good as my esoteric-aircraft skills, and way better than my car skills.
 
Thank you! It's good to find a use for them somewhere, in reality I tend to scare my friends with this ability;)

Oh and, er. No:D
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
I've got to hand it to you, pushrod, your esoteric-car skills are about as good as my esoteric-aircraft skills, and way better than my car skills.

huh?

I think it might be a Porsche race car based on the lettering, but i am guessing.
 
Update on the leaderboard. (easier to keep track).
12 - Mr Pushrod
8 - Innotech
8 - 911 Carrera
7 - daan (does not iclude the dome)
5 - Famine
4 - GT Jugend
2 - Punkrock
2 - Welz2002
1 - ExigeExcel, Cano, lsk8er, The359, graveltrap, slick 6, chaserfan, 69dodge charger, super supra, tsleng, under18carbon, vanishing boy, retsmah, VIPERGTSR01, The Porko, neon duke, bengee
 
Just to confirm, who did the additional work to the car?
 
Was it Minoru Hayashi? In about 1965, some years before he established DOME?

I'm just guessing.

The Honda Sports series were quite amazing cars. Technically miles ahead of the British sports cars that their styling was based on.

Started with the S360. V4 360ccs. Then the S500, S600, and S800. The later ones capable of well over 100mph.

Only 25,000 made and tended to rust. Lucky if you see one.

honda.gif
 
Correct! I had a feeling mine would be got real quick as I couldn't be bothered finding another site after the RC83C. Seems to have been a bit of a challenge though.
 
Well, that looks like a British plate and I'm guessing is either a kit car or special.
 
Jensen Itercepter?
 
Well, after a slight hunch and some googling I can say it is based on a Lotus Elan +2S 130/4.
 
You should know I wouldn't save it as something it was! :p

You should never follow hunches. :lol:
 
Well, there are hints of Elan about it anyway, although I willa dmit I was curious of the filename! After a bit more research, the Triumph Spitfire seems to be a possiblity for a base as well.
 
The way I look at it, it must be based on a sports car so if you are going to go into that much trouble to have 4 doors, why not change the lights?
 
One that mr_pushrod doesn't know. :eek: Maybe Daan, GTJugend or Famine might have a go before any clues. :D
 
The wheels and front indicators shout "Ferrari" at me.
 
It looks like a Ferrari, Jaguar, Aston Martin crossbreed to me.
 
You better block your ears Famine because the shouting is wrong.

It's NOT a British plate. It IS the letter M but it is the start of the manufacturer's name that is written on the plate.
 
Back