How about a new round of guess that car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Fred-
  • 3,730 comments
  • 126,566 views
Don't split your infinitives... :D

It's probably a Chinese make (if there is such a thing). The symbols on the plate just don't look Korean to me (no circles)...
 
Is it a Tata?
 
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

:D

So it's Hyundai, Daewoo or Kia then? :D
 
or a ssanyong? I have no clue what that is.
 
Ssangyong only make SUV's don't they?
 
I think thats a Hyundai, I'm sure I've seen one like that.
 
Originally posted by Famine
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

:D

So it's Hyundai, Daewoo or Kia then? :D


Strangely; none of those is the name of the manufacturer.

Can you figure-out why?

:trouble:
 
So is it a Ssangyong then?
 
Is it a Korean make, or just a car built in Korea?
 
Originally posted by Famine
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

:D

So it's Hyundai, Daewoo or Kia then? :D

I'll try again:

"Strangely; none of those is the name of the manufacturer".

That is a Godzilla-sized clue.
 
Okay whoever knows a fith Korean car maker speak up.
It's not Kia
Hyundai
Daewoo
or Ssangyong.
 
Perodua?
 
Perodua's Malaysian.
 
Aaargh...

You've skidded past the point again...

None of those is the NAME of the manufacturer.

:banghead:
 
Okay, so which one of thoes has changed it's name before.
 
So... the manufacturer is named "None"? Or "None of those"? Or even "Strangely"?

You're odd...
 
Did any of thoes manufacturers use a different name in the past?
 
i DOnt know but i think it says "robin" or something on the hood. Is that true 911?
 
I think Kia used to be "Asia".
 
Originally posted by Famine
I think Kia used to be "Asia".

Kia's first car was about 1973 (they made scooters and small commercial vehicles before that)

This car dates from '67
 
This has got me. The file is called hillman which could be a clue, Hillman made a 1960's car called the Imp, Pilbeam also made or tuned versions of the Imp, the name on the front could be Pilbeam but Pilbeam is'nt Korean. In fact I'm betting it has nothing to do with Hillman. It's not Proton or Perodua because neither are Korean.
 
Bit of historical research should get you there.

It is Korean.

It's not a Kia.

It's from 1967.

The model name begins with "P".

And there was a pick-up!
 

Attachments

  • publ.jpg
    publ.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 75
Daewoo Publica
 
If it's not that then it was built by either the...
Saenara Motor company or
Shinjin motor company which took over in the 60's
Which I think was taken over by Daewoo shortly after.
 
"Founded in South Korea in 1972 as a joint venture between GM and Shinjin Motor, it adopted the name Daewoo Motor in 1983, and produced mildly reworked GM designs for many years".

"Daewoo" means "big universe".

1967 Shinjin Publica

live4speed's turn.
 
Back