How about a new round of guess that car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Fred-
  • 3,730 comments
  • 126,566 views
Ignore him. Please.
 
Ok, heres my pic...
 

Attachments

  • lotuseclair.jpg
    lotuseclair.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 114
That honnestly doesn't look like a production car (wheel well proportions). I think I may have seen it on some kit car site...

The proportions look very similar to the Lotus 340R, it would also make sense to make some sort of skin for the car, and such a misfitting one seems appropriate as well.

Lotus Eclair, sounds like something off Sniff Petrol :p

Edit: scratch the thoughts of a 340R skin... Just not the same. The little bar on the back of this picture was what had got me.
 
Originally posted by eliseracer
That honnestly doesn't look like a production car (wheel well proportions). I think I may have seen it on some kit car site...

The proportions look very similar to the Lotus 340R, it would also make sense to make some sort of skin for the car, and such a misfitting one seems appropriate as well.

Lotus Eclair, sounds like something off Sniff Petrol :p

Edit: scratch the thoughts of a 340R skin... Just not the same. The little bar on the back of this picture was what had got me.

hint: its not a Lotus ;)
its also not exactly a kitcar either...
 
I figured that...

Is it based on any car? Or is the chassis etc built from the ground up.

Something british?
 
Judging by the car in the background I'd say it's American.
 
dare dz? no, I think the dz is open...
 
Originally posted by menglan
dare dz? no, I think the dz is open...

No, I think it is closed, they have an open toppepd version though...

(if you were referring to the rooves)
 
Originally posted by eliseracer
No, I think it is closed, they have an open toppepd version though...

(if you were referring to the rooves)


I was.
 
Originally posted by menglan
I was.
there are two versions of Dare DZ, a closed coupe and an open targa, but this isnt Dare ;) Its also not British, American is correct country....
 
It's a '98 Ford Fiesta.
 
heres another hint.

This company that produced this car also creates concepts for other manufacturers... (and this no doubt gave it away)
 
This might die if anyone with any car knowledge doesn't post a list with all design companies that are american.
 
Originally posted by eliseracer
This might die if anyone with any car knowledge doesn't post a list with all design companies that are american.

its gone on long enoughh. final clue: they built the Buick BLackhawk also.
 
Originally posted by Party for GT4
It looks similar to a Dax Kamala, but I'm sure it isn't because Dax isn't American.
its not in serial production. only a prototype...
 
That is one ugly car, well done 911.
 
It's gorgeous!
 
Oooooh man! For a professional design firm... I dunno. They tried the "science wrapped in art" approach. That really didn't work out... Look at the front spoiler (literally).
 
Originally posted by eliseracer
Oooooh man! For a professional design firm... I dunno. They tried the "science wrapped in art" approach. That really didn't work out... Look at the front spoiler (literally).

I think its an awesome design myself.
Well 911 got it. congrats. your go :)
 
I think it looks OK but never mind the looks: 4.1 second 0 - 60 is what I think is interesting.

To the opposite extreme, try this one.
 

Attachments

  • wob.jpg
    wob.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 61
First go at this game so I'll guess the manufacturer is the British firm, Austin.... dont know what the hell model it is though.
 
Bristol.
 
Back